The 2017 General Political discussion thread, Part 2!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Marketing the presidency can be quite lucrative.

Ya think? lol...

sld_us_trialdollartrump_mr_1.png

chia_obama_box.jpg
    Screen_Shot_2017-03-28_at_5.31.24_PM_600x600.png
    Silver-Metal-font-b-Coin-b-font-American-President-font-b-Obama-b-font-font-b.jpg

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Actually, Obamacare has accomplished very little when it comes to prices. It is also not the reason prices are high.

No. It's not the reason. Prices were high and getting higher before Obamacare. But the thing that Obamacare does, it further enforces the positive feedback which cause the rising prices. There is no reason at all for healthcare providers to lower their prices and increasing reasons to increase them.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    No. It's not the reason. Prices were high and getting higher before Obamacare. But the thing that Obamacare does, it further enforces the positive feedback which cause the rising prices. There is no reason at all for healthcare providers to lower their prices and increasing reasons to increase them.

QFT

My wife is pretty high up in provider relations and she says, in her own words, what you just said...

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    QFT

My wife is pretty high up in provider relations and she says, in her own words, what you just said...

It took getting my ass scoped during the current state of healthcare for me to realize the economics. Our healthcare system is the result of government powered crony capitalism. Obamacare powers the cronies even more.

I'll say this about that. Even single payer would be better than this. I'm not advocating that. I'm just saying that this crony system is even worse. The solution would be to put consumers in full control of their healthcare. Full control.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Right, because the ethical standards of an ex-president getting paid for speeches, is the same a a sitting president hocking exclusive $40 baseball caps.

You do realize that the astronomical pay for speeches is much like giving problem third-world dictators the permanent vacations in luxury that so many people complain about when it happens.

With the dictators, it was understood that when the right pressure was applied, they would vacate and live in the style to which I would like to become accustomed for the rest of their lives, as was the case with 'persuading' Marcos to step down and leave the Philippines. The convention was followed and the terms always honored such that the next one would understand that he could trade a bloodless departure for living in comfort and safety for the rest of his life. Unfortunately, that trust was breached with whatsisname from Liberia and may well have permanently ended the bloodless regime change.

With ex-presidents, paying huge sums for speeches is an excellent and clean way to legally pay bribes owed from their time in office. It may not be the case with all such speeches, but it is there, it is legal, and all debts must be paid if they are going to expect the next guy to sell us out on credit expecting payout after leaving office. When it is all said and done, do you really think anyone can cram hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of value into an hour-long speech?

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    None of those, for either Trump nor Obama are affiliated with either person.

You said, "Marketing the presidency can be quite lucrative" and I said, "Ya think" lol" and showed these examples...

I was just pointing out that, yes, "Marketing the presidency can be quite lucrative".....

I wouldn't put hats in the same category as the influence product that was peddled through the Clinton Foundation because I did not think you were slamming Trump for selling hats...If Obama would have peddled "Yes We Can" hats (while President) I would have applauded him for making a dollar while his star still shined....And for also showing that he at least understood the basic tenets of capitalism, marketing, and business....

If he would have done so then perhaps the Democrats would not be wandering about the wilderness wondering why us dumb folks in fly over country won't listen to our handlers in Hollywood and NYC....

:)

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    It took getting my ass scoped during the current state of healthcare for me to realize the economics. Our healthcare system is the result of government powered crony capitalism. Obamacare powers the cronies even more.

I'll say this about that. Even single payer would be better than this. I'm not advocating that. I'm just saying that this crony system is even worse. The solution would be to put consumers in full control of their healthcare. Full control.

I'm on single payer now (Medicare). The control is there. I don't use services I don't need. OTOH, my mom, in her 90's, uses an exhorbitant amount of health services. I'm sure her health care costs per year would rival any other pathology and age group (well, most of them anyway). And they really haven't helped her quality of life. They've kept her alive.

It certainly has made me think about my own end of life plan a lot more. I don't want to go down her road.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Marketing the presidency can be quite lucrative.

Well sine his weekend White House membership fees at Maralogo maybe temporarily on the fritz he has to make up his losses somehow. Kind of got to feel sorry for him. I mean that Hurricane thing has to really be putting a pinch on his overall ability to cash in on his presidency.

At least he still has that Washington Hotel thing going for him.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    You said, "Marketing the presidency can be quite lucrative" and I said, "Ya think" lol" and showed these examples...

I was just pointing out that, yes, "Marketing the presidency can be quite lucrative".....

I wouldn't put hats in the same category as the influence product that was peddled through the Clinton Foundation because I did not think you were slamming Trump for selling hats...If Obama would have peddled "Yes We Can" hats (while President) I would have applauded him for making a dollar while his star still shined.... And for also showing that he at least understood the basic tenets of capitalism, marketing, and business....

If he would have done so then perhaps the Democrats would not be wandering about the wilderness wondering why us dumb folks in fly over country won't listen to our handlers in Hollywood and NYC....

:)

You would most certainly be in the minority of INGO members. I personally think it's a bad move ethically.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom