The 2017 General Political discussion thread, Part 2!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I don't buy that and no it's not just because I support Obama. It's just I don't buy it and have no reason at this point too. He did stay in and raised troop levels in Afghanistan. He and his administration may have very well misread how terorist group such as Isis would fill that gap. Here they may have failed. But I don't buy your argument.

It seems this argument always fails to recognize the reason we were in Iraq in the first place and the fact this wasn't the war we should have been fighting in the first place. That and the fact that this occurred under the Bush Administration where the Vice President very likely had an agenda regardless of the intel issue.

And In your last paragraph you gave the reason why my point is valid and probably is what really happened with Iraq.
    Afghanistan has always been safe ground for democrats politically because they can always use their support of the Afghan war to show that they do suport America and are fighting terrorists. It's a political safe zone and democrats play politics more than anyone.
    Whereas Iraq is now the political divider and democrats are against it and republicans for. Democrats MUST be against staying in Iraq because they gain political capital on two fronts. The anti war crowd who ignore when democrats want war. And the anti bush anti Republican crowd that love to say how Iraq was a folly and a lie.
    I hate when politicians act out of politics rather than doing what is right. That's also why I support Trump

Last edited:

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    And In your last paragraph you gave the reason why my point is valid and probably is what really happened with Iraq.
    Afghanistan has always been safe ground for democrats politically because they can always use their support of the Afghan war to show that they do suport America and are fighting terrorists. It's a political safe zone and democrats play politics more than anyone.
    Whereas Iraq is now the political divider and democrats are against it and republicans for. Democrats MUST be against staying in Iraq because they gain political capital on two fronts. The anti war crowd who ignore when democrats want war. And the anti bush anti Republican crowd that love to say how Iraq was a folly and a lie.
    I hate when politicians act out of politics rather than doing what is right. That's also why I support Trump

There you have it. Your view won't change and unless given something that convinces me otherwise neither will mine. Doesn't mean I didn't get something from this as I get a better understanding why you don't. However it the end we agree to disagree.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Not willing to get in another pointless argument with a troll, who demands proof of others but is unwilling to do anything but detract.

You refuse to answer valid questions. So I will give you nothing. You can live in your dream world.

Earlier you stated that you did not pay attention to Obama. I would guess that it was because he had a "nice crease in his trousers, and a straight gig line", "he didn't speak with a negro dialect" and possibly "sent a tingle up your leg" all quotes from your favorite people and news sources.

That is why you don't know what we know. You were asleep at the switch and as you have made clear in this and earlier threads you don't care about anyone but Dddrees.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    No, it just means to me your not willing to go into depth and explain yourself.

Honestly we've all already explained ourself many,times on most of these issues. I think most of what we've discussed here in thread have already been talked about. But hey that happens here and that's ok. Sometimes things are added and sometimes left out.
    Also some times I just don't feel like arguing here. I know that nothing we discuss here is likely to alter opinions, we are just venting and being passionate. That's how rational adults handle debate rather than shooting up a baseball field.
    But some days I just don't even feel like talking. Maybe that's how he felt since he knew explaining to you even with facts won't alter your opinion.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Not willing to get in another pointless argument with a troll, who demands proof of others but is unwilling to do anything but detract.

You refuse to answer valid questions. So I will give you nothing. You can live in your dream world.

Earlier you stated that you did not pay attention to Obama. I would guess that it was because he had a "nice crease in his trousers, and a straight gig line", "he didn't speak with a negro dialect" and possibly "sent a tingle up your leg" all quotes from your favorite people and news sources.

That is why you don't know what we know. You were asleep at the switch and as you have made clear in this and earlier threads you don't care about anyone but Dddrees.

Well you certainly have an opinion. Got to give you that.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Honestly we've all already explained ourself many,times on most of these issues. I think most of what we've discussed here one already talked about. But hey that happens here and that's ok. Sometimes things are added and sometimes left out.
    Also some times I just don't feel like arguing here. I know that nothing we discuss here is likely to alter opinions, we are just venting and being passionate. That's how rational adults handle debate rather than shooting up a baseball field.
    But some days I just don't even feel like talking. Maybe that's how he felt since he knew explaining to you even with facts won't alter your opinion.

Well I thought I would ask. That's cool.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    I don't care who's in charge. It could be the most capable President we ever had. It could be the most successfully military leader in our history but that's not the point. We're a Democratic society with a need to know in order to protect that Democracy.

I'd say that's BS. As a democratic society, we expect our CinC and military to conduct themselves within the rules of war... and win. Nothing about being a democracy means that our military is hamstrung by requiring strategy and tactics to be beamed to all corners of the world.

No, I don't want time tables, and I don't need to know whenever they're going to take a s*** either. But I do want a better idea as to what our involvement will be with regard to troop strength and define his strategy better.

President Trump has done what no President has done for quite some time... announced the policy he wishes implemented, and allowed the military command structure to form the strategies and tactics. With his oversight, i.e. regular briefings, this is how it should be. As Sen Graham said, General Obama was the worst general we ever had.

ETA: This is why we've seen such accelerated success against ISIS. Trump's policy was crystal clear... do not let them escape, annihilate them... with RoE's to support that policy, see ISIS, kill ISIS.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    images

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I'd say that's BS. As a democratic society, we expect our CinC and military to conduct themselves within the rules of war... and win. Nothing about being a democracy means that our military is hamstrung by requiring strategy and tactics to be beamed to all corners of the world.
    Agreed.

President Trump has done what no President has done for quite some time... announced the policy he wishes implemented, and allowed the military command structure to form the strategies and tactics. With his oversight, i.e. regular briefings, this is how it should be. As Sen Graham said, General Obama was the worst general we ever had.

ETA: This is why we've seen such accelerated success against ISIS. Trump's policy was crystal clear... do not let them escape, annihilate them... with RoE's to support that policy, see ISIS, kill ISIS.
    I hope he follows through once the fighting starts and the media starts howling.

If they are going to be there, they need to be allowed to destroy the enemy.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Agreed.

I hope he follows through once the fighting starts and the media starts howling.

If they are going to be there, they need to be allowed to destroy the enemy.

He already has been following through and has untied their hands. Don't take my word for it ask anyone who's actually fighting over there. Fighting

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Uhhhh... how about we wait and see. Saying it, is one thing, doing it, another. He's good at taking advice, in the short term, but eventually his ego allows Trump to become Trump.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I don't care who's in charge. It could be the most capable President we ever had. It could be the most successfully military leader in our history but that's not the point. We're a Democratic society with a need to know in order to protect that Democracy.

No, I don't want time tables, and I don't need to know whenever they're going to take a s*** either. But I do want a better idea as to what our involvement will be with regard to troop strength and define his strategy better.

I agree with this. Americans has tradition been wary of military participation in the decisions that should left to civilians. One can't help but have in the back of their mind, considering the former high ranking military officials in his administration, if their motives are in the best interest of the nation. Not saying anything nefarious is going on, but one should certainly remember that.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom