The 2017 General Political discussion thread, Part 2!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Reagan vs Ford although Ford wasn't even elected in the first place.

Pat Buchanan vs Bush Sr.

Eugene McCarthy started running in 68 before Johnson formally announced he wasn't running. Although he finished Kennedys term this was his first term officially. Robert Kennedy and Hobert Humphrey entered the race after Johnson announced he wouldn't seek reelection.

Thanks for the info.

I do find it interesting that it is R's that have done it.

IMHO ford was a pretty good President. To my knowledge he didn't do anything.

Bush senior took the bait and lost because of it.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    You have over 2,700 posts on INGO.

Roughly 2k of which are expressing your hatred of and vitriol towards Trump.

I know, being a lefty, that you think INGO folks, being mostly conservative, are a little slow but....

We got it.

You don't like Trump.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Thanks for the info.

I do find it interesting that it is R's that have done it.

IMHO ford was a pretty good President. To my knowledge he didn't do anything.

Bush senior took the bait and lost because of it.

No problem. Those are the ones that I could remember off of the top of my head during my life time. Not really sure about previous Presidents. I always got the impression Ford meant well but he faced an uphill battle. Not to mention I heard recently that the way he directed his cabinet was that he directed it instead of having his Chief Of Staff do it and that just isn't the most effective way of managing. This has actually accounted for a number of failed Administrations to include Carter. I think Carter may have had other issues but he also was a very hands on guy but although intelligent not a very adept manager.

Ford pardoning of Nixon and although unpopular at the time actually turned out to be a good thing for the County did work against him. I think Chevy Chase damaged the man as well. Ford may have stumbled about only once or twice but Chevy Chase made it appear like Ford couldn't even stand or walk without falling. Since the country was in the middle of a deep recession with gas lines and I don't ever remember Ford accomplishing anything it all made it extremely easy for a Democrat to take the reigns from the Republican party that couldn't be trusted.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    You have over 2,700 posts on INGO.

Roughly 2k of which are expressing your hatred of and vitriol towards Trump.

I know, being a lefty, that you think INGO folks, being mostly conservative, are a little slow but....

We got it.

You don't like Trump.

Well there does seem to be an overwhelming support of him or what he is doing on the other side. I get that too.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    I don't mean to criticize. I just wanted to point out, in case you weren't sure, that you had already pretty well covered that ground. :yesway:

Understand

You know part of the reason I came here was that I was curious. I was curious why a person I saw that was so flawed and objectionable could ever get so much support. I mean it just didn't seem rational to me. Now I have a greater appreciation of what the rational behind it was and is. I mean there seems to be a number of reasons as every one tends to see things differently. I still think there probably are a few defined categories these groups fall in however but there is rational that I just didn't get before. So in that sense I've learned something. That doesn't mean I agree but at least now I can't just discount it as easily. You guys have shown me that. I don't like where it comes from however because it seems much darker than what I thought it was. By that I mean it just seems the country is more dissatisfied than what I thought it might be.

So I don't like him. But that's the way it goes. Your posting events of the day here and it seems a vast majority with the exception of mine are the positive side. Well now there's a representation of the other side. Both sides of the coin exist in our Country and at least for now both sides of the coin exist here as well.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Understand

You know part of the reason I came here was that I was curious. I was curious why a person I saw that was so flawed and objectionable could ever get so much support. I mean it just didn't seem rational to me. Now I have a greater appreciation of what the rational behind it was and is. I mean there seems to be a number of reasons as every one tends to see things differently. I still think there probably are a few defined categories these groups fall in however but there is rational that I just didn't get before. So in that sense I've learned something. That doesn't mean I agree but at least now I can't just discount it as easily. You guys have shown me that. I don't like where it comes from however because it seems much darker than what I thought it was. By that I mean it just seems the country is more dissatisfied than what I thought it might be.

So I don't like him. But that's the way it goes. Your posting events of the day here and it seems a vast majority with the exception of mine are the positive side. Well now there's a representation of the other side. Both sides of the coin exist in our Country and at least for now both sides of the coin exist here as well.

98% to 2% yep both side are here now LOL
    No one is coming to your side. Mods and others are nice to you because they either have to,be or they are just nice when they say "he offers a different perspective.
    When actually MOST of the members just see it as trolling and don't want to hear the b.s. that's coming from you. Trust me it doesn't chamge anyone's perspective except make us feel vindicated that MOST of the left are just bat **** crazy and trying to ruin our country. Ruin it!
    You were in the military 20 years and you like Obama. For me that's the most shocking part about you.
    I'll add that when you aren't talking about politics I'm sure younare a.nice guy. But man you don't fit in here in tge politics section. At all. I'm sure you'll stay just to keep people pissed off. So I'd recommend you get out of only the political threads and contribute and learn from the rest of the site which is about guns more than polotics. I understand how it is to be lonely or bored and finally find people to be able to interact with but usually people seek out like minded people. You should go over to one of the lefty forums and you'll be loved

Last edited:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    No one is coming to your side. Mods and others are nice to you because they either have to,be or they are just nice when they say "he offers a different perspective.
    When actually MOST of the members just see it as trolling and don't want to hear the b.s. that's coming from you. Trust me it doesn't chamge anyone's perspective except make us feel vindicated that MOST of the left are just bat **** crazy and trying to ruin our country. Ruin it!
    You were in the military 20 years and you like Obama. For me that's the most shocking part about you.
    I'll add that when you aren't talking about politics I'm sure younare a.nice guy. But man you don't fit in here in tge politics section. At all. I'm sure you'll stay just to keep people pissed off. So I'd recommend you get out of only the political threads and contribute and learn from the rest of the site which is about guns more than polotics. I understand how it is to be lonely or bored and finally find people to be able to interact with but usually people seek out like minded people. You should go over to one of the lefty forums and you'll be loved
    Which two sides? Trump supporters, never-trumpers, Republicans, Libertarians, Democrats, libertarians, progressives, conservatives

There are a lot more than two sides represented here.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    I'll add that when you aren't talking about politics I'm sure younare a.nice guy. But man you don't fit in here in tge politics section. At all. I'm sure you'll stay just to keep people pissed off. So I'd recommend you get out of only the political threads and contribute and learn from the rest of the site which is about guns more than polotics

It's says a great deal about the community that I've been allowed to stay, Huge compliment, please take it that way, I don't support everything that Obama did. Hell I didn't even follow what he did nearly as much as I've watched what's going on now. Just didn't do it. I've said this many times but my current frustration is over a guy I find extremely objectionable and I disagree with a good number of his policies.

Believe me I would have much rather voted for more rational Republican like Kasich. Just would. As far as some one in the military we are people too. You'll find through history just because one is in the military doesn't make them either a Democrat or a Republican.

Whether I change people's minds or not is not always the point. Seems like some would like to make some of these discussions into a contest where agreement with their point is the only acceptable result. That just isn't the case a good part of the time. Discussion often results in disagreement and that's just the way life is. Was the discussion then pointless? No no it was not. For me I've actually gained a greater appreciation for the other side. This in itself means a great deal to me. Sorry if that doesn't for you but I think it ought too. I certainly didn't find the discussion I had with the gentleman on Universal Background Checks to be pointless even though I haven't made up my mind yet. I found it to be quite educational for me because I had yet to be able to have a civil discourse over this issue until then.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom