The 2017 General Political discussion thread, Part 2!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    It's says a great deal about the community that I've been allowed to stay, Huge compliment, please take it that way, I don't support everything that Obama did. Hell I didn't even follow what he did nearly as much as I've watched what's going on now. Just didn't do it. I've said this many times but my current frustration is over a guy I find extremely objectionable and I disagree with a good number of his policies.

Believe me I would have much rather voted for more rational Republican like Kasich. Just would. As far as some one in the military we are people too. You'll find through history just because one is in the military doesn't make them either a Democrat or a Republican.

Whether I change people's minds or not is not always the point. Seems like some would like to make some of these discussions into a contest where agreement with their point is the only acceptable result. That just isn't the case a good part of the time. Discussion often results in disagreement and that's just the way life is. Was the discussion then pointless? No no it was not. For me I've actually gained a greater appreciation for the other side. This in itself means a great deal to me. Sorry if that doesn't for you but I think it ought too. I certainly didn't find the discussion I had with the gentleman on Universal Background Checks to be pointless even though I haven't made up my mind yet. I found it to be quite educational for me because I had yet to be able to have a civil discourse over this issue until then.

Kasich is NOT a Republican. I've told you this before. We didn't like him at all because he is a Democrat in Republican clothing

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Which two sides? Trump supporters, never-trumpers, Republicans, Libertarians, Democrats, libertarians, progressives, conservatives

There are a lot more than two sides represented here.

Not democrats. That was my point. Yeah I know there are a lot of people who don't like Trump but the majority here do. The ones that don't always are loud because they feel the need to cry about it constantly but they aren't the majority. Like liberals lol

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    Here's something "real" to discuss, the President's speech last night on Afghanistan. I found it to be "spot on". Though I would like to know more of the details, so would our enemies. OpSec comes first.

Telegraphing dates for withdrawal, troop strength, etc was the epitome of foolishness and stupidity. Trump is obviously listening to Mattis and his advisors. :yesway:

News from The Associated Press

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    98% to 2% yep both side are here now LOL
    No one is coming to your side. Mods and others are nice to you because they either have to,be or they are just nice when they say "he offers a different perspective.
    When actually MOST of the members just see it as trolling and don't want to hear the b.s. that's coming from you. Trust me it doesn't chamge anyone's perspective except make us feel vindicated that MOST of the left are just bat **** crazy and trying to ruin our country. Ruin it!
    You were in the military 20 years and you like Obama. For me that's the most shocking part about you.
    I'll add that when you aren't talking about politics I'm sure younare a.nice guy. But man you don't fit in here in tge politics section. At all. I'm sure you'll stay just to keep people pissed off. So I'd recommend you get out of only the political threads and contribute and learn from the rest of the site which is about guns more than polotics. I understand how it is to be lonely or bored and finally find people to be able to interact with but usually people seek out like minded people. You should go over to one of the lefty forums and you'll be loved

Poppycock. You see the world in monolithic blocks. I am absolutely sure that most here are more nuanced than that. At a certain point, you have to wonder whether the laughter is with you or at you.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Here's something "real" to discuss, the President's speech last night on Afghanistan. I found it to be "spot on". Though I would like to know more of the details, so would our enemies. OpSec comes first.

Telegraphing dates for withdrawal, troop strength, etc was the epitome of foolishness and stupidity. Trump is obviously listening to Mattis and his advisors. :yesway:

I would love to see us get out of that country. If we are staying, I hope that the soldiers are allowed to actually go out and destroy the enemy. It sounds like that is the plan, but only time will tell if they actually are allowed to.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Which two sides? Trump supporters, never-trumpers, Republicans, Libertarians, Democrats, libertarians, progressives, conservatives

There are a lot more than two sides represented here.

:yesway:

It would be nice if there were no sides.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    You have over 2,700 posts on INGO.

Roughly 2k of which are expressing your hatred of and vitriol towards Trump.

I know, being a lefty, that you think INGO folks, being mostly conservative, are a little slow but....

We got it.

You don't like Trump.

Just as the Obama bashing levelled off after we all came to understand most members weren't fans...

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central

He's a terrible orator and yes I find that an important skill for a person in this type of position. I think it reflects badly on us as a country and his ability to win people over.

Beyound that I found he failed measurably at achieving the balance of secrecy and our need to know as a democratic country.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Not democrats. That was my point. Yeah I know there are a lot of people who don't like Trump but the majority here do. The ones that don't always are loud because they feel the need to cry about it constantly but they aren't the majority. Like liberals lol
    I really don't think that is true. I think a minority like Trump, and a majority are glad he beat Clinton. Not the same thing at all.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    He's a terrible orator and yes I find that an important skill for a person in this type of position. I think it reflects badly on us as a country.

Beyound that I found he failed measurably at achieve the balance of secrecy and our need to know as a democratic country.
    Failed in which direction?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom