The 2017 General Political discussion thread, Part 2!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    NAACP Calls For Boycott of NFL Football in support of Colin Kaepernick.

NAACP calling for boycott of NFL, Atlanta Falcons - Story | WAGA

I just now took a minute to follow that link. The NAACP is starting crap over this moron because no one will sign him because he did something irritating and stupid, BUT HE'S BLACK. I don't know about anyone else, but when I see such shenanigans and so much pushback over the predictable results, I find myself having progressively less sympathy for the general cause. Maltreatment of people on account of issues they can't control like race is one thing. When it becomes a game of expecting race to be a 'get out of jail free' card for stupid behavior, the free pass crowd can take a hike so far as I am concerned.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    People should boycott the NFL anyways just,because football sucks.
    The second reason people should boycott the NFL is because they wouldn't stand up and kick out kapernik for being a disrespectful little ****.
    I don't know how it is now but used to baseball teams had to be in suits when traveling and be respectful or they'd be fined and even suspended.
    Now you have some turd creating a national spectacle and embarrassment and they do nothing.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    The second reason people should boycott the NFL is because they wouldn't stand up and kick out kapernik for being a disrespectful little ****.
    I don't know how it is now but used to baseball teams had to be in suits when traveling and be respectful or they'd be fined and even suspended.
    Now you have some turd creating a national spectacle and embarrassment and they do nothing.

Frankly I've pretty much stopped watching sports all together. Something about it no longer being sports when so many use PEDs and make way too much money. It's entertainment and even that at 24/7 coverage it has become too much of a reality show and nothing whatsoever to do with sportsmanship.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

"Baseball should be put in a freezer somewhere until they find a cure" :stickpoke:

[Lolz. What did you play in HS?]

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Frankly I've pretty much stopped watching sports all together. Something about it no longer being sports when so many use PEDs and make way too much money. It's entertainment and even that at 24/7 coverage it has become too much of a reality show and nothing whatsoever to do with sportsmanship.

Everyone is every sport was using all the performance enhancing drugs Probably since around the 70's through the 90's and then slowed down mid 2000's.
    Everyone was using them and ones that say they didn't are probably lying.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Everyone is every sport was using all the performance enhancing drugs Probably since around the 70's through the 90's and then slowed down mid 2000's.
    Everyone was using them and ones that say they didn't are probably lying.

You know you might be right, but I just got fed up with it. Not too mention examples where our college sport is more imporatant than integrity and those things that should be more important than money. Think Penn State.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Do wonder why the question crossed my mind? And the answer is no.

Selective racism? Somehow that just doesn't even make sense. Usually I can manage to understand the motives and reasoning or lack thereof of people with whom I disagree, but that is just puzzling.

I suppose you could be persuaded to share the reasons you thought of this?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Selective racism? Somehow that just doesn't even make sense. Usually I can manage to understand the motives and reasoning or lack thereof of people with whom I disagree, but that is just puzzling.

I suppose you could be persuaded to share the reasons you thought of this?

Because my family was subject to it? To a kid, you hear the stories of your parents sitting in the back of the bus, the balcony of the show, or having to use certain entrances. These would have the words colored above the doors. If one understands that white means without color, and Asians are yellow, Native Americans are red, and Hispanics are brown (which are all colors), why didn't they have to use the "colored" facilities too? It seems like an obvious question for a kid from the South to think of... and you're often reminded of it in everyday life, well after those types of laws ended. I remember me and my girlfriend going to a pre-deb dinner, with another couple who happened to be white. We had earlier decided to go to place owned by the parents of the girl in the other couple; a place called McLin's in Daleville, IN. We we arrived, the girl father was very accommodating, treated us like gold... and he made the offhand quip "I don't think I we've ever had a black person actually sit down and eat in here." You see, McCln's (or the building it occupied) had a restaurant of various names since the 30s. It did cater to black people, even then, but only at the window at the back. I knew lots of people who got food from McLin's but never anyone who had actually eaten there.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Because my family was subject to it? To a kid, you hear the stories of your parents sitting in the back of the bus, the balcony of the show, or having to use certain entrances. These would have the words colored above the doors. If one understands that white means without color, and Asians are yellow, Native Americans are red, and Hispanics are brown (which are all colors), why didn't they have to use the "colored" facilities too? It seems like an obvious question for a kid from the South to think of... and you're often reminded of it in everyday life, well after those types of laws ended. I remember me and my girlfriend going to a pre-deb dinner, with another couple who happened to be white. We had earlier decided to go to place owned by the parents of the girl in the other couple; a place called McLin's in Daleville, IN. We we arrived, the girl father was very accommodating, treated us like gold... and he made the offhand quip "I don't think I we've ever had a black person actually sit down and eat in here." You see, McCln's (or the building it occupied) had a restaurant of various names since the 30s. It did cater to black people, even then, but only at the window at the back. I knew lots of people who got food from McLin's but never anyone who had actually eaten there.

In the early eighties we had a exercise in Australia. Getting on the back of a truck with a few Australian Soldiers they openly said they didn't want the black US lieutenant getting on with them. I had never heard that kind of open racism before or after. Guess I lived a pretty sheltered life. I mean I heard other whites talk to whites about it but never saw an actual confrontation before or after that.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    In the early eighties we had a exercise in Australia. Getting on the back of a truck with a few Australian Soldiers they openly said they didn't want the black US lieutenant getting on with them. I had never heard that kind of open racism before or after. Guess I lived a pretty sheltered life. I mean I heard other whites talk to whites about it but never saw an actual confrontation before or after that.

Yeah that guy would have been giving his seat to the LT if that was my unit and blood would have been given to make amends. There are certain things in my life Id be willing to go to jail over

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Yeah that guy would have been giving his seat to the LT if that was my unit and blood would have been given to make amends. There are certain things in my life Id be willing to go to jail over

It's been decades now but all I can remember is how shocked I was. I think I was still a private and I know it was me the lieutenant and maybe 4 of them. But like I said I was just shocked. I never saw anything like that before even though I remember hearing a number of racist remarks between whites seeing an actual confrontation was entirely different.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    It's been decades now but all I can remember is how shocked I was. I think I was still a private and I know it was me the lieutenant and maybe 4 of them. But like I said I was just shocked. I never saw anything like that before even though I remember hearing a number of racist remarks between whites seeing an actual confrontation was entirely different.

I should have said that I don't blame you if you hadn't of done anything. Yeah I'd be shocked too at first.
    Growwing up I had a couple of older ladies that happened to be black that were like grandmothers to me. I would have probably had an image of them pop into my head and then everyhrjng turn red

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom