• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    HRC's strong showing elsewhere is making FL less relevant. She could lose FL, OH, and NC and still win, although it would be close.

Oddly, Trump's schedule that is usually on his website shows him appearing: nowhere. Pence is in VA. (BTW, sounds like he's really playing up the "Nobody Knows Me" shtick, which is kinda in his wheelhouse. For him, this is an exercise aimed at 2020.)

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Poll: The Majority of Americans Want to See a Third Party On the Debate Stage | RedState

according to a Quinnipiac poll, Johnson sits with 10% of the vote. Not quite the 15% he needs to achieve the debate stage. Despite his numerical shortcoming, however, people really want to see Johnson behind a podium next to Trump and Clinton.

According to the poll, a whopping 62% of voters want to hear what Johnson has to say. Strangely, when it comes to party alignment, the Democrats want to hear Johnson more than the Republicans do, with 60% and 56% respectively.

As the age group decreases, the desire to see Johnson speak increases as well. The youngest group of voter, 18-34, would very much like to see Johnson on stage with 82%. Even the older groups have a high desire to see Johnson on stage, none of them dropping below 60%, with the exception of the 65+ crowd at 43%.

https://www.qu.edu/news-and-events/quinnipiac-university-poll/national/release-detail?ReleaseID=2375

Here's the poll, which also doesn't have a lot of good outlook for Trump in-general.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    If Johnson gets on stage, then I want to see that Green Party wackadoo up there too. If you put the right wing votesnatcher in, you need the left one too -fair and balanced.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    If Johnson gets on stage, then I want to see that Green Party wackadoo up there too. If you put the right wing votesnatcher in, you need the left one too -fair and balanced.

I think 2016 is different. The poll shows younger liberals want Gary more than Republicans. I think those misguided liberals who may not know or care what Johnson is about just want to stick it to both current candidates... and throw their vote behind the next-best one. There are FAR more angry Sanders supporters than "NeverTrump" voters.

2016 is going to be more Liberals going for Libertarian than GOP, I believe.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I think given the inherent imprecision of polls to decide things like qualifying to be in a debate, why not use some other measure of candidate plausibility. Candidates who are on the ballot in every state should be on the debate stage, regardless of polling.

I don't give a **** about balance. If the crazy earth worshiper lady were sane enough that every state would put her on the ballot, ya, okay, let her debate. How serious is a candidacy that can't even get half the states to put her on the ballot? Last I checked, she's at 23 states, and those are mostly the bat **** crazy ones.

This time, Johnson does appear to have a much more serious candidacy than he had 4 years ago. And though I would rather not have him as POTUS, I'd take him over Hillary. (please don't misconstrue that as an endorsement)

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I think given the inherent imprecision of polls to decide things like qualifying to be in a debate, why not use some other measure of candidate plausibility. Candidates who are on the ballot in every state should be on the debate stage, regardless of polling.

I'd be down with something like that.

Heck, I'd even be willing to say that someone who was on the ballot on enough states to hit 270 EC delegates should participate.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I think 2016 is different. The poll shows younger liberals want Gary more than Republicans. I think those misguided liberals who may not know or care what Johnson is about just want to stick it to both current candidates... and throw their vote behind the next-best one. There are FAR more angry Sanders supporters than "NeverTrump" voters.

2016 is going to be more Liberals going for Libertarian than GOP, I believe.

Is this to say that young lefties just want to smoke dope?

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I'd be down with something like that.

Heck, I'd even be willing to say that someone who was on the ballot on enough states to hit 270 EC delegates should participate.

This. If you have a (mathematical) shot at winning, let's hear what you have to say

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Yeah, tell that to Meg Ryan!

They probably made those changes in honor of Goose's memory.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom