• Status
    Not open for further replies.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I am in limited agreement. I support doing so absolutely. It would definitely reduce the problem, but I am not convinced that the opportunities for, well, private work in form of a transaction directly between the illegal and the end user would stop. I am also not convinced that there isn't an incentive when we have courts ruling that the children of illegals who don't speak English are legally entitled to translators on the public dime, and assorted other factors which would encourage them overstaying the point most of us would consider them welcome. Further, even if it reached a point at which there is little to no incentive to enter the country illegally, that doesn't mean that there is any incentive for them to go back either.

Two different problems. Kut is trying to get his finger in the dike and stop any further leakage.
    Deny the ones that are here work and transfer payments/public assistance, perhaps criminalize (at least to the extent of fines) giving 'aid and comfort'. Make it painful to stay.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    why do you hate freedom and love hitliary

Because when punctuation and capitalization are less important than sophomoric misspellings and bold font, this country is beyond the point of return.

Something something off my lawn.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    smack-370x229.jpeg

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Two different problems. Kut is trying to get his finger in the dike and stop any further leakage.
    Deny the ones that are here work and transfer payments/public assistance, perhaps criminalize (at least to the extent of fines) giving 'aid and comfort'. Make it painful to stay.

Yes, but it is tantamount to stopping Patton at the Elbe, and having the Cold War to show for it.

raptrbreth

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    New Palestine

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    His period comments to Megyn Kelly and calling others pigs is usually what is referenced.

Ah, I had forgotten about that one. He says so many things, it's hard to keep track of it all.

On a larger scale, I think the subject of alienating women is probably pretty low on the list of things I think about when I think of him. They were sort of one-off lines, easily forgotten. But, I'm not a woman... maybe those resonate a little more with them, I could see that.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Here's another problem: Melania is hot. And #3 (chronologically).

This is generalizing, but the women who tend to be politically active tend to not like respond positively to those things.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    No link but just heard on the radio Bernie has decided to start his own politically oriented foundation. Maybe he's learned from Hillary and has his eye on a newer, better, bigger, vacation home, somewhere.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    No link but just heard on the radio Bernie has decided to start his own politically oriented foundation. Maybe he's learned from Hillary and has his eye on a newer, better, bigger, vacation home, somewhere.

Nah. I despise Bernie's political persuasion, but I believe his intentions are honest (yet still offensive to us). I see nothing wrong with him spending $.5M (or financing it) on a vacation home. I am not one to tell others what they can and cannot buy.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Nah. I despise Bernie's political persuasion, but I believe his intentions are honest (yet still offensive to us). I see nothing wrong with him spending $.5M (or financing it) on a vacation home. I am not one to tell others what they can and cannot buy.

Oh believe me I don't begrudging him or anybody else buying one but I do enjoy the hypocrisy of a self-acclaimed 99%er living and now maybe wheeling and dealing like a 1%er. :D

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth

Bernie Sanders' New Group Hits Major Trouble on the Launchpad - NBC News

It seems staffers are resigning in droves already over Bernie's choice to bring in a guy to run things who is known to be a big dark money donation kind of guy.

There is also a lot of infighting over the strategy of how to reach people (TV vs. online).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom