• Status
    Not open for further replies.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Hillary Clinton today announced an $80m ad buy in key states (Florida, Pennsylvania, New Hampshire, Iowa, Nevada, Ohio, North Carolina and the Omaha market in Nebraska). Donald Trump is tweeting about the personal lives of morning cable television hosts that criticized him.

Thank you for your erudite, informative and agenda-free post.

You may rest assured that we will study it long enough to give it the careful consideration it deserves

Last edited:

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    Trump is now rumoured to be pivoting on his call for mass deportations. He's really trying for votes from moderates. Wonder how many people would get off the Trump train if he walks back his deportation talk?

Will Trump's Rumored Pivot on Mass Deportation Work? - Hit & Run : Reason.com

Does anyone actually think he is going to deport 11 million people?

Good luck with that.

Self deportation should be the strategy. No benefits, no free education, penalties for companies that employ illegals. The problem will fix its self.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Good luck with that.

Self deportation should be the strategy. No benefits, no free education, penalties for companies that employ illegals. The problem will fix its self.

Penalties on employers... as in legit jail time, would end it. Most illegals aren't drug dealing violent people. They're good folks who did what probably most people, even INGO members, would do. Deny them opportunities, and give them to the people who should have them, Americans, and they'll stop coming here.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

Good luck with that.

Eisenhower did pretty well with it. I fail to understand why, in an era which affords far great ease in tracking people, it can't be done now.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    So, giving this race some thought... and seeing how weak Trump is running this (fake) campaign... I imagine Cruz or Rubio would have pounded Clinton on this Clinton Foundation news. Every single opportunity that presents itself would have ad money spent on it, and fill the airwaves.

There were three situations over the weekend that were bad for Clinton... and Trump capitalized on none of them. It's absolutely inexplicable.

People that actually wanted to win, and be President... such as Cruz/Rubio/Paul/etc... I just can't imagine they would have squandered such amazing opportunities. Trump continues to behave like a person that isn't actually trying to be President. He's dropping efforts in extremely important swing states... and campaigning in the deep red states of Mississippi and Texas for some reason.

Someone explain this strategy without saying "he's waiting until later"... because that's just a baseless hope... the only hope left that anyone could possibly fathom for this behavior. In short, he's acting like a guy that donated to the Clinton Foundation.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    So, giving this race some thought... and seeing how weak Trump is running this (fake) campaign... I imagine Cruz or Rubio would have pounded Clinton on this Clinton Foundation news. Every single opportunity that presents itself would have ad money spent on it, and fill the airwaves.

There were three situations over the weekend that were bad for Clinton... and Trump capitalized on none of them. It's absolutely inexplicable.

People that actually wanted to win, and be President... such as Cruz/Rubio/Paul/etc... I just can't imagine they would have squandered such amazing opportunities. Trump continues to behave like a person that isn't actually trying to be President. He's dropping efforts in extremely important swing states... and campaigning in the deep red states of Mississippi and Texas for some reason.

Someone explain this strategy without saying "he's waiting until later"... because that's just a baseless hope... the only hope left that anyone could possibly fathom for this behavior.

Why is it baseless hope to suppose that someone who has made much of his personal fortune appearing on television understands the short attention span of the viewing audience?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Why is it baseless hope to suppose that someone who has made much of his personal fortune appearing on television understands the short attention span of the viewing audience?

Because it's just that... supposing. Guessing. Hoping. No one here knows a single thing that Trump is going to do.

The guesses are based on nothing, and backed by hope that he'll follow your campaign strategy. And honestly, I don't blame anyone for hoping it... because there's not much else to hope for at this point if you're a Trump supporter. It is literally the only way to justify continued support.... the hope that he'll suddenly do the right thing and start running for President.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Because it's just that... supposing. Guessing. Hoping. No one here knows a single thing that Trump is going to do.

The guesses are based on nothing, and backed by hope that he'll follow your campaign strategy. And honestly, I don't blame anyone for hoping it... because there's not much else to hope for at this point if you're a Trump supporter. It is literally the only way to justify continued support.... the hope that he'll suddenly do the right thing and start running for President.

Doesn't the assumption that he will not do so rest on an equally presumptuous foundation?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Doesn't the assumption that he will not do so rest on an equally presumptuous foundation?

When a guy consistently does the wrong thing over and over, without fail... then my assumption is that he will continue to follow that pattern.

The hope that he will suddenly stop doing the wrong things, and start doing the right things is not something I would bet on.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    When a guy consistently does the wrong thing over and over, without fail... then my assumption is that he will continue to follow that pattern.

The hope that he will suddenly stop doing the wrong things, and start doing the right things is not something I would bet on.

You are painting with an awfully broad brush so far as 'doing things you deem wrong' and following a definable pattern are not necessarily the same thing. I would have a hard time accepting such a premise as a default expectation given its subjective nature.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    You are painting with an awfully broad brush so far as 'doing things you deem wrong' and following a definable pattern are not necessarily the same thing. I would have a hard time accepting such a premise as a default expectation given its subjective nature.

Then we'll have to disagree here. I see countless missed opportunities combined with expressing statements that are, quite literally, retarded. His constant backstepping, flipping, and lying don't make me see him as a guy that's going to get it all together in the final month.

I anticipate a lot of disappointment in the coming months when he fails to live up to the expectations that his supporters have.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Then we'll have to disagree here. I see countless missed opportunities combined with expressing statements that are, quite literally, retarded. His constant backstepping, flipping, and lying don't make me see him as a guy that's going to get it all together in the final month.

I anticipate a lot of disappointment in the coming months when he fails to live up to the expectations that his supporters have.

As it now stands, I would say that more likely than not he will win. Even if he just plain sucks as a president, he will have still succeeded at breaking the establishment death-grip, thus opening the way for a candidate more of the sort we would really want in a later election cycle--something that just plain won't happen in the absence of his head-on collision with the establishment. Disappointment is a function of failure to have one's expectations met or exceeded. Given that I have modest expectations which I consider reasonable (and a damned sight better than anything one could reasonably expect from Hillary), I do not see myself being disappointed.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    As it now stands, I would say that more likely than not he will win. Even if he just plain sucks as a president, he will have still succeeded at breaking the establishment death-grip, thus opening the way for a candidate more of the sort we would really want in a later election cycle--something that just plain won't happen in the absence of his head-on collision with the establishment. Disappointment is a function of failure to have one's expectations met or exceeded. Given that I have modest expectations which I consider reasonable (and a damned sight better than anything one could reasonably expect from Hillary), I do not see myself being disappointed.

I'd prefer anyone to have won over Hillary, for the most part. My disappointment will be that this should have been an easily winnable election... and (in my opinion), the worst person possible was thrust upon us as the option. The least Conservative, least genuine, least suitable person was selected... and that all but ensured a Clinton win when it should have been anything but.

I'm also a massive skeptic when people say things. I'm not the type of person to line up behind a candidate blindly, and believe everything they say (and defend them). Trump's style of campaigning would never work on someone like me. I would have had no problem criticizing people like Cruz/Paul/Rubio, and I would have looked forward to it. No one is flawless.

But damn, why did they have to pick the one guy with the most flaws.

Hillary is going to be the President. I would have preferred anyone else, including an idiot like Trump. But it isn't going to happen, and the blame for that will never be placed where it belongs.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom