• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Priorities USA (Pro-Clinton group) has started airing this ad. $5.4m behind it... airing in FL, NC, OH, IA, NV, PA, NH, CO.... and doesn't mention Hillary once (doesn't have to)

Thoughts?

Couple.

"Gold star" parents (which is a bit strange of a development to me - like, we now reward people who have children killed in combat with a gold star?) deserve respect, of course. Kinda like BLM, all military parents deserve respect. But forever? No matter what?

I'm sorry, but their loss is not a blank check. Although I can understand why they would wish it to be so.

Second, more politicization of personal tragedy. Yay. The resulting sad-face battle will be epic.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    New super PAC launching to support Evan McMullin’s independent White House bid

Hey, maybe he is legit. In which case... Good on him for trying.

CpXElnZWAAAtszb.jpg:small

Last edited:

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Resume padding, this is.

Kahlil Byrd, who served as chief executive of Americans Elect, a now-shuttered organization that sought to create a pathway for an independent presidential candidate in 2012, and Chris Ashby, a GOP campaign finance attorney who worked on that effort, are together launching a new super PAC called Stand Up America to support McMullin.

These guys are not established money. They had a PAC. It died.

So, they start a new PAC with a new guy, who can't win.

But, they've gotten a bunch of press.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Couple.

"Gold star" parents (which is a bit strange of a development to me - like, we now reward people who have children killed in combat with a gold star?) deserve respect, of course. Kinda like BLM, all military parents deserve respect. But forever? No matter what?

I'm sorry, but their loss is not a blank check. Although I can understand why they would wish it to be so.

Second, more politicization of personal tragedy. Yay. The resulting sad-face battle will be epic.

The Gold Star mothers is very old, not a new thing at all. It, and the Blue Star flag date back to WWI. When people actually had some respect for families that lost loved ones in war or had family serving. These mothers deserve respect, certainly more than a draft dodger like Trump deserves.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Resume padding, this is.

These guys are not established money. They had a PAC. It died.

So, they start a new PAC with a new guy, who can't win.

But, they've gotten a bunch of press.

Do the officers of the PAC get to pay themselves really spectacular salaries?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    RCP has HRC ~+10 in PA in a new poll, and it appears to confirm a trend of 2x the MOE there.

Now, it does capture all of Trump's bad week last week, and none of his efforts at rehab this week. So, there is room to close.

But, combined with being down in VA (and not even counting GA being close), he's got to play catchup in some of these key states. I think he's pretty much protected in his base, but the swing states should be getting attention soon.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Wow. If NC goes blue, that's even more trouble for Trump.

Will be interesting to see if Pence starts spending alot of time in the south.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/2015/PPP_Release_NC_80916.pdf

12% More Democrats polled, and just look at the wording of questions, and opinions.

Of course Hillary will be ahead in their skewed poll; don't fall into the media hype.

It's weird isn't it?
    Many of these polls do poll more demoncrats for some reason..... they just can't find Republicans or something?
    I can't figure out why the people who we know are working directly with the DNC would want to do that...... strange.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/2015/PPP_Release_NC_80916.pdf

12% More Democrats polled, and just look at the wording of questions, and opinions.

Of course Hillary will be ahead in their skewed poll; don't fall into the media hype.

It's weird isn't it?
    Many of these polls do poll more demoncrats for some reason..... they just can't find Republicans or something?
    I can't figure out why the people who we know are working directly with the DNC would want to do that...... strange.

That can depend on the methodology. If they were targeting more Dems, then it is a problem. If they were random sampling, and more self-reported as Dems, then it isn't necessarily an issue (assuming real randomness).

Here's what the doc says:
    Public Policy Polling surveyed 830 likely voters from August 5th to 7th. The margin of error is +/-3.4%.

80% of participants, selected through a list based sample, responded via the phone, while 20% of

respondents who did not have landlines conducted the survey over the internet through an opt-in internet

panel.

My issue is more with the opt-in internet sample - 1/5 of the entire sample. That's a huge assumption that those results can be reliable.

Regardless, while the exact percentages/MOE may be in doubt, the overall picture is that Trump is in trouble. Other regional polls support that.

He is not winning there.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    It's weird isn't it?

This election Republicans are having a hard time finding themselves.

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    Any poll can be skewed.

Why not look at things like Facebook Likes, Trump 22.7 million, to Hillary 15 million? I'd more inclined to believe that than some mainstream media poll.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Any poll can be skewed.

Why not look at things like Facebook Likes, Trump 22.7 million, to Hillary 15 million? I'd more inclined to believe that than some mainstream media poll.

Followers and likes can be bought. It seems those sorts of things could be even more "skewed".

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom