Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Someone -- probably a Trumper -- edited his Wikipedia page. It's gone now. But it said:

some trumper on wikipedia said:
    Treasonous membership in Never Trump movement

In 2016 McMullin was bamboozled by Liberal Media Elites into taking up a Sham Candidacy in order to hurt Donald J Trump's pursuit of the Presidency.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    This election is getting hilarious. Well, except for the serious part. And that makes it sad. It's sad and hilarious at the same time.

The powers that be seem to be throwing every curveball they can to influence us away from a certain candidate. So many shenanigans with no other purpose other than to divide the vote even further.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The powers that be seem to be throwing every curveball they can to influence us away from a certain candidate. So many shenanigans with no other purpose other than to divide the vote even further.

Or maybe the purpose is to offer a better alternative.

Even some Trump supporters say they're only backing Trump because there's no one else.... but now... someone else joins the fray... and I don't see anyone suggesting support behind him yet.

Another candidate will never be allowed, period. Doesn't matter who it is... anyone would only serve to hurt the precious. Jesus Christ himself would be attacked from all sides if he offered himself up for nomination.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

This is what happens when people push societal norms too far. People dig in on both sides. More us/them. More vitriol. Those circumstances are the only reason Trump is popular.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011

If this is the GOPe, we are in even worse shape than I thought.

I'm sure he's a nice guy, and a good American, and all. But this... this... is head-scratchingly bad. The man has no chance.

I see this more as a guy frustrated with the situation, which I totally understand, trying to take matters into this own hands. If anything, this is the media trying to invent another bogeyman to see what Trump would do.

Heck, I'd have a better shot than this guy. And I'd suck as a candidate.

Another candidate will never be allowed, period. Doesn't matter who it is... anyone would only serve to hurt the precious. Jesus Christ himself would be attacked from all sides if he offered himself up for nomination.

If Jesus Christ would run, I'd have serious concerns over why He waited so late in the game. I mean really. The whole "you know not the hour" stuff would suggest that when He does come, it won't be too late.

Although, now that you mention it, a Clinton-Trump presidential race might actually be a sign of the Second Coming....

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Or maybe the purpose is to offer a better alternative.

If that were so, it would have to have been done while it was still possible to get on the ballot in enough states to have a mathematical chance of winning, thus disproving the notion that offering a better alternative is a realistic motive.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    At this point, it may be difficult to distinguish between act of desperation and padding one's resume.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    If that were so, it would have to have been done while it was still possible to get on the ballot in enough states to have a mathematical chance of winning, thus disproving the notion that offering a better alternative is a realistic motive.

Perhaps it's an attempt to push the choice of President to the House of Representatives... assuming he could do enough damage to keep everyone from getting 270.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Perhaps it's an attempt to push the choice of President to the House of Representatives... assuming he could do enough damage to keep everyone from getting 270.

What would that gain you? As I understand it, even if it does go to the House, they're bound to select from among the top 3 finishers. Unless that 3rd guy/gal happened to be a choice that could be made without burning the country down, I would still think Hillary or Trump would be the most likely selection.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    What would that gain you? As I understand it, even if it does go to the House, they're bound to select from among the top 3 finishers. Unless that 3rd guy/gal happened to be a choice that could be made without burning the country down, I would still think Hillary or Trump would be the most likely selection.

Maybe... depending how much money is behind this new guy... and how much everyone really dislikes Trump/Clinton.

"Let's throw all our resources behind this guy... lock up the vote... and bring him in to avoid the other two." Literally buying the Presidency.

Dunno, we can only speculate. It seems like an odd time to jump in... but the "big donors" behind him add more questions.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Does this guy have a book coming out like the last guy?

Maybe he made a bet that he could increase his twitter followers 10x in a week?

This is the candidate for all the libertarians who are afraid their guy might actually win.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Maybe... depending how much money is behind this new guy... and how much everyone really dislikes Trump/Clinton.

"Let's throw all our resources behind this guy... lock up the vote... and bring him in to avoid the other two." Literally buying the Presidency.

Dunno, we can only speculate. It seems like an odd time to jump in... but the "big donors" behind him add more questions.

It isn't an "odd" time - it is the wrong time. Money can't buy a time machine (at least not that we know of).

If this was a legitimate hail mary by a legitimate candidate with legitimate backing, it would've come before the convention.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    It isn't an "odd" time - it is the wrong time. Money can't buy a time machine (at least not that we know of).

If this was a legitimate hail mary by a legitimate candidate with legitimate backing, it would've come before the convention.

Odd in that it doesn't make a lot of sense.

Who is putting money on this horse, and why? Seems like a weird way to burn some cash.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Odd in that it doesn't make a lot of sense.

Who is putting money on this horse, and why? Seems like a weird way to burn some cash.

What cash? :) Right now it feels more like guerrilla marketing for name recognition.

Kinda pissed I didn't think of it. :D

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Priorities USA (Pro-Clinton group) has started airing this ad. $5.4m behind it... airing in FL, NC, OH, IA, NV, PA, NH, CO.... and doesn't mention Hillary once (doesn't have to)

Thoughts?

[video=youtube;PQTIb0QaDPc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQTIb0QaDPc&feature=youtu.be[/video]

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    She lied...

578d77d41c68996235401f92_1280x720_F_v1.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter