Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Gary Johnson could snatch the election away from Donald Trump ... or Hillary Clinton | OregonLive.com

Johnson and Weld could snatch up the entire enchilada. Thank goodness there is a sane alternative.

Johnson IS the chimichanga in this race. Clinton and Drumpf are the Taco Bell Burrito's of the political world. Go with them and all youget is the runs and indigestion.

Of course that is subjective. Your douchebag could pull it off over the other douchbags. In an alternate universe. I kinda think the people who know how to play the system will likely pull this out. Your douchbag may play a role in determining the outcome, but the outcome will be one of the two main party candidates.

But you're welcome to dream big.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    So here's a fun game. If you were the Director of the Libertarian National Committee (I'll pause now while you consider the irony of that position even remotely being available)...

... would you try to win just 1 state? I mean, that in itself would be huge. Rather than get 15% of everywhere and end up with nothing, wouldn't it be a bigger deal to get 51% of 1 meaningful thing?

Which state would you try for? And, I guess if this gets traction, maybe it would be better to go into the Libertarian thread.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    So here's a fun game. If you were the Director of the Libertarian National Committee (I'll pause now while you consider the irony of that position even remotely being available)...

... would you try to win just 1 state? I mean, that in itself would be huge. Rather than get 15% of everywhere and end up with nothing, wouldn't it be a bigger deal to get 51% of 1 meaningful thing?

Which state would you try for? And, I guess if this gets traction, maybe it would be better to go into the Libertarian thread.

Well, if I were Nicholas I don't know that I would try that strategy, such as it is. Too many other states rely on the candidates for ballot access. And, the LNC has almost nothing to do with how the candidates run their campaign. This would be more in the bailiwick if the Johnson campaign, not the LNC. That said, it wouldn't be a terrible strategy if it resulted in throwing the race into the house for them to decide the winner. As hated as Clinton and Trump are they might very well hand it to a proven ex-governor and tell the Trumpkins to go **** themselves, the country was more important. If the strategy didn't result in throwing it to the house I see little value in it.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Well, if I were Nicholas I don't know that I would try that strategy, such as it is. Too many other states rely on the candidates for ballot access. And, the LNC has almost nothing to do with how the candidates run their campaign. This would be more in the bailiwick if the Johnson campaign, not the LNC. That said, it wouldn't be a terrible strategy if it resulted in throwing the race into the house for them to decide the winner. As hated as Clinton and Trump are they might very well hand it to a proven ex-governor and tell the Trumpkins to go **** themselves, the country was more important. If the strategy didn't result in throwing it to the house I see little value in it.

Doubtful. The House will still be in control by one of 2 parties. And neither will shrink from using their power to put one of their own in the office. Your only hope will be...nah...there is no hope.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Doubtful. The House will still be in control by one of 2 parties. And neither will shrink from using their power to put one of their own in the office. Your only hope will be...nah...there is no hope.

This is true. I think it'd be better for Johnson to do as T.Lex said, go for actually winning even one state. If Johnson wasn't such a anti-religion putz he could probably make headway in Utah. But I think the Mormons don't like him any more than Trump.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    This is true. I think it'd be better for Johnson to do as T.Lex said, go for actually winning even one state. If Johnson wasn't such a anti-religion putz he could probably make headway in Utah. But I think the Mormons don't like him any more than Trump.

Probably in several other states as well.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

I know that "We could win it all" is the brave face they're putting on for potential Lvoters, because they have to. What I don't know is if they believe it themselves.

I think 15% would be the most sensible goal at this point in development of the party and have the most lasting effects

I certainly would not begrudge them any votes on the way to 15 that do not end up throwing the election to the Mordor candidate

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    OK..conventions are over...let the battle begin....will you vote for HRC?

I can't in good conscience vote for Mrs. Clinton. Her VP is a big time friend of the "Muslim Brotherhood", just like she is and our very own Andre' Carson. I get it.

This ain't my daddy's democrat party....it's more like my insane sexually confused pathetic lying cousins party.

So no.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I'm voting to put her behind bars, where she belongs.

jUjwOVc.jpg

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Nope. Never. That woman won't ever get an ounce of support or respect from me.

Those who are supporting her and will vote for her won't have the guts to actually say it on here. They'll just troll threads and talk bad about Trump every chance they can.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom