That didn't last long. ABC Cancels Roseanne after tweet about Obama aid.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    “You know, Ivanka, that’s a beautiful photo of you and your child, but let me just say, one mother to another, do something about your dad’s immigration practices, you feckless c---!”

Samantha Bee's vicious attack on Ivanka shows double standard compared to Roseanne treatment, say critics | Fox News

Can you imagine if someone called one of Barack's daughter a c***?

Ari.jpg

Can anyone advise where on the Richter scale the "C-word" falls, especially in comparison to "monkey?"

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    “You know, Ivanka, that’s a beautiful photo of you and your child, but let me just say, one mother to another, do something about your dad’s immigration practices, you feckless c---!”

Samantha Bee's vicious attack on Ivanka shows double standard compared to Roseanne treatment, say critics | Fox News

Ari.jpg

Can anyone advise where on the Richter scale the "C-word" falls, especially in comparison to "monkey?"

And boy do girls HATE that "C" word.
    Just the sound of it is like pure hate.... dripping off the tongue.

Vicious Attack!

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I changed the post that references the federal facility. It now clarifies the obvious point that it is only my opinion. Somehow I think this won't be satisfactory but it was worth a shot.

I think satisfying people is a futile goal.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

Can you imagine if someone called one of Barack's daughter a c***?...

...Can anyone advise where on the Richter scale the "C-word" falls, especially in comparison to "monkey?"

What if Wanda Sykes made the "Planet of the Apes" comment instead of Roseanne?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

:n00b:
    I'm not defending Samantha, because I find her distasteful along with all of John Stewart's protegés, however:
    1. Those were kids, not grown adults active in the politics of the WH.
    2. C*** may be highly offensive, but it's not racist.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I think people are burying the lede on this.

What percentage of Americans actually know what "feckless" means? WAY more people know the "c" word.

And yeah, I think some care needs to be taken in terms of equating people who say offensive words. POTUS can use ... colorful... language, too.

Make no mistake: if I were the boss of the "c" word lady, I'd fire her. That's not appropriate in any business setting. But there's a difference IMHO to using offensive language and revealing offensive character. Roseanne is in the latter. I'm not sure about the "c" word lady's character.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Let's see how freedom-loving we all are...

Anyone think Sam Bee should be fired?

Edit: To clarify... Not as "what do you think should be done"... but what you would do, as someone uninvolved, what you want to be done.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011

What percentage of Americans actually know what "feckless" means? WAY more people know the "c" word.

And yeah, I think some care needs to be taken in terms of equating people who say offensive words. POTUS can use ... colorful... language, too.

Make no mistake: if I were the boss of the "c" word lady, I'd fire her. That's not appropriate in any business setting. But there's a difference IMHO to using offensive language and revealing offensive character. Roseanne is in the latter. I'm not sure about the "c" word lady's character.

No Freckles. Duh.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    We would hear crickets.

Now apply that logic to the "C U Next Tuesday" comment.

I thought we were all familiar with the (in my view) understandable double standard as to the use of the "N" word. Same thing.

Edit: To clarify... Not as "what do you think should be done"... but what you would do, as someone uninvolved, what you want to be done.

Without knowing, or having any idea how to predict what $$ effect this may have, I have no idea. She was hired to say offensive things and I would imagine that she will until it's no longer profitable to have her doing that...which, if I were in TV, is how I would look at it.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Oh [GLOCK] off!

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Without knowing, or having any idea how to predict what $$ effect this may have, I have no idea. She was hired to say offensive things and I would imagine that she will until it's no longer profitable to have her doing that...which, if I were in TV, is how I would look at it.

That's pretty much how I see it. This is what she does. It wasn't off-the-cuff, it was written and approved for a taped show. They aired it because they wanted to air it.

She and TBS have both "apologized".

I'd think some people here should look at it... and realize it's probably better if she's on TV continuing this sort of thing up to 2020.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I don't know. In what way am I involved. What's the relationship? In what way does she reflect on the corporate character that I may want to project?

That's definitely one of those "it depends" questions.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I don't know. In what way am I involved. What's the relationship? In what way does she reflect on the corporate character that I may want to project?

That's definitely one of those "it depends" questions.

Mostly referring to the loud twitter conservatives screaming about "DOUBLE STANDARD" and saying she should be fired for it.

Top Bottom