Tactical Response at it again. Dangerous and Unprofessional ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    This whole angle of "you have to drop it because when the Police show up that's what they are ordering you" is sort of an antiquated thought process. Most agencies teach/instruct Officers to give the order of "put the gun down" due to they don't want a ND (remember a lot of thugs use Hi Point, Lorcin's and such).

As far as if they show up while your still engaged in the deed could the word "drop" come out? Sure, but at that type thats the least of your concerns.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    @Expatriated I wholeheartedly agree with you about not reaching for a falling gun. That goes for a lot of other things, like heavy objects. But as with most things, I just don't drop stuff on purpose.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    This is fun!
    After this can we excuse away other morons........like Hitler.

I'll start - Hitler wasn't bad, he was just misunderstood. :)

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    This is fun!
    After this can we excuse away other morons........like Hitler.

I'll start - Hitler wasn't bad, he was just misunderstood. :)

He was trying to make a point. Sure, maybe he went too far, but sometimes you have to do that to make a point. A point everyone already knows, but somehow needs reminded of in an extreme way.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    He was trying to make a point. Sure, maybe he went too far, but sometimes you have to do that to make a point. A point everyone already knows, but somehow needs reminded of in an extreme way.

And most people didn't know that his famous Hitler salute was actually caused from his bad shoulder twitching. He was just too embarrassed to admit it.
    Everyone just did it back to him and it kinda caught on.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    Just figured I would quote this, in case you are on his ignore list

If you don't like his style, don't take his classes. Don't like his message and media presence, work on your own so you can overshadow him.

Style? So, this is a style now? Which style is this? Moronic numbnuts style?

Look, there is joint and several liability in the gun culture. If some Tactical Practical Bearded Wonder wants to do something stupid, it should not be associated with guns.

One does not need dangerous recklessness of stomping on gun to accomplish any goal. It is simply stupidity masquerading as marketing.

Even Yeager disavowed stomping on guns. It's stupid. Don't do it. Don't defend it.

I don't think a ND in a training environment is a big deal.

Classic.

"Oh noez, the bad guy just broke the 180 rule and he's actually pointing his gun AT me. He can't do that! That violates the 4 Safety Rules. Stop it, bad guy!"

A complete misunderstanding of the Four Rules. I expect nothing less.

How many haters on here actually move around when shooting?

Ah, the INGO Rabbit Run. The danger did not come from moving from shooting, it came from someone stomping on a gun.

In short, I'm saying 99% of you haters are one dimensional and have no idea what James Yeager is trying to instill in his "fighting" classes.

Marketing buzz.

Perhaps if you could check your preconceived notions about gun safety you might just learn something about gun handling.

When your argument is a tautology, you need to pack it in and quit the field. Stop defending moronic practices just so you can be a special snowflake or tactical or some other silly desire.

Look, there are Four Rules; follow them. Guns can discharge without fingers on triggers.

There is no logical reason to stomp on guns. If you do, you hurt the entire gun culture.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    james-yeager-e1457660640182.jpg

I don't have a dog in this fight, but I can't help to die laughing at the pic running atop of the CryBully story

ol' poke

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    I always found Yeager posts and videos to be as much as entertainment as of valuable training. Now it's just absurd. I doubt I would have ever taken a TR course, but after his 'explanation' of this incident I will definitely not. Instead of blaming everybody for everything, he should just "grow a pair" and man up to the problem. The guy just doesn't get it, and I seriously doubt he ever will.

Expatriated

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 22, 2013
    I always found Yeager posts and videos to be as much as entertainment as of valuable training. Now it's just absurd. I doubt I would have ever taken a TR course, but after his 'explanation' of this incident I will definitely not. Instead of blaming everybody for everything, he should just "grow a pair" and man up to the problem. The guy just doesn't get it, and I seriously doubt he ever will.

I can certainly see your point of view, but to me, he handled it better than Travis Haley handled his. It's on video, we all saw it, and he claimed it wasn't an ND. After he's on video admitting it's an ND.

At least no on at TR tried to pretend it didn't exist or claim it was on purpose, Yeager claimed it from the beginning, even though it wasn't him that did it.

I'm not defending Tim, the ND, or whatever technique he was trying to explain. As I posted earlier, I would have fired him. But, it seems like ND's have been handled a lot worse after the fact and received a lot less criticism.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Yeager hid the ND until he was forced to admit it happened. Then his admission boiled down to "**** you"

Yeah, he was much better.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Yeager hid the ND until he was forced to admit it happened. Then his admission boiled down to "**** you"

Yeah, he was much better.

Yeah, not sure how one could say this was "handled better". Had a student not turned it in, TR was never going to report it.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    At least no on at TR tried to pretend it didn't exist or claim it was on purpose....

@ 4:27, does he really say, "We do it all the time...." then proceed to explain what happened?
    Didn't Yeager say that it was on purpose - the throwing of the loaded firearm on the ground and stepping on it? They do it "all the time"?

It sounded to me like the "problem" was that it hit a vehicle that was in the wrong place. That's not really taking responsibility for creating the situation.

Top Bottom