Tactical Response at it again. Dangerous and Unprofessional ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Maybe you should carry another gun then.
    That's Yeager's point, if you're not willng to drop your gun on the ground during training then you will not do so when a dozen of cops show up and tell you to drop your gun NOW.And you will end up shot by the police.

If you don't want any scratch on your "fighting weapon" maybe you should keep it in nice foam box, in your safe.

Couple of my brother's have been to Afghan and Iraq. I've seen pics of their guns and heard some stories.
    As scratched up as their weapons got, none of the scratches came from mistreating their weapon unnecessarily.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    All these 1911 fanboys not willing to drop their guns. :)

The point isn't that guns are tools and should be beat on. The point is that a fighting gun IS a tool. Which should be used and not worry about dings/scratches/gougues. You should know it inside and out. My favorite hammer isn't pristine and shiny. It's beat all to hell, from use and being inside a toolbox with wrenches and all sorts of odds and ins It's scratched, but it works.0 I'm pretty sure everyone is equating this analogy with gross negligence and care for a firearm. If you use a gun to train, it shouldn't look brand new. If you carry it, it shouldn't look brand new. Not saying that it can't look brand new, its just that more than likely it will get some carry wear.

index.php

A hammer is meant to strike objects. It's what it's designed to do.
    If you strike the edges, it spalls. A single spall should not be too bad. But repeated spall can cause the hammer to fail, causing shards to go towards your eye.
    So, do you intentionally strike your hammer so that it spalls? After all, a single spall will not likely cause the hammer to fail.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    All these 1911 fanboys not willing to drop their guns. :)

The point isn't that guns are tools and should be beat on. The point is that a fighting gun IS a tool. Which should be used and not worry about dings/scratches/gougues. You should know it inside and out. My favorite hammer isn't pristine and shiny. It's beat all to hell, from use and being inside a toolbox with wrenches and all sorts of odds and ins It's scratched, but it works.0 I'm pretty sure everyone is equating this analogy with gross negligence and care for a firearm. If you use a gun to train, it shouldn't look brand new. If you carry it, it shouldn't look brand new. Not saying that it can't look brand new, its just that more than likely it will get some carry wear.

You drop your gun. I see absolutely no reason to.
    I will not drop my CZ's so fan boy my butt.
    I have some 1911's with "Mega" patina and I will not "Drop" them either.

If the time ever comes that I have to put it on the ground it will not be dropped.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Fluke multimeters are built like tanks.
    Mine get's battered, gouged, scratched, even partially melted when I forget I shouldn't set it next to the liquid steel.
    That doesn't mean I'm going to throw it to the ground, or kick it with my foot.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Tools? Yes. But I don't treat any of my tools like garbage, whether it's a screwdriver or a gun.

I would be demanding a refund. But since I will never be one of their customers, that will never happen.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    You drop your gun. I see absolutely no reason to.
    I will not drop my CZ's so fan boy my butt.
    I have some 1911's with "Mega" patina and I will not "Drop" them either.

If the time ever comes that I have to put it on the ground it will not be dropped.

Not trolling, but a for semi-serious question. Are these your EDC? Or are these range/game guns? I understand having wallhangers/trophy guns. Those really aren't your "fighting" guns though are they? If you have an old heirloom gun, I understand not dropping it. But I also understand you probably shouldn't be traiing with an heirloom. If you are in a defensive shooting, the gun will be seized, and come back beat up from storage and neglect. I have guns that I wouldn't use as "a beater" as well. We're talking EDC here though.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I think I can speak for just about all of the "I'm not throwing my gun on the ground for a training exercise" when I say we are talking about our EDC weapon not a tropy gun.

I do not consider throwing my gun on the ground to be sensible training or normal training wear.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    This is a serious question and one much bigger than Yeager or Tactical Response.

Would you refuse to train with an instructor who did something stupid and had an ND? I wouldnt challenge you if you did. But it would rule out a lot of quality training. Travis Haley had one on video. Even Col Cooper had an ND in his office!

Ive never had an ND in over 30 years of shooting but in the same breath, id say that every time i handle a gun the potential is there and i need to handle it with that thought in mind. I do believe it can happen to anyone.
    If this is being reported accurately, this wasn't a negligent discharge. Intentional stomping of a loaded weapon on gravel is taking a known advertent risk without justification and so would be reckless, not negligent.

In many states, Indiana included, this is a criminal offense if someone else's property is damaged as it was here. See IC 35-43-1-2.

Calling this a ND and attempting to analogize from it is painting it as something completely different than what it appears to have actually been.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    I'm all for getting down and dirty. Ain't afraid to drop my guns...

But with a bunch of others around, and not 'necessary'? I can see other viewpoints... a blue gun may be better suited for it during training.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    This is a serious question and one much bigger than Yeager or Tactical Response.

Would you refuse to train with an instructor who did something stupid and had an ND? I wouldnt challenge you if you did. But it would rule out a lot of quality training. Travis Haley had one on video. Even Col Cooper had an ND in his office!

Ive never had an ND in over 30 years of shooting but in the same breath, id say that every time i handle a gun the potential is there and i need to handle it with that thought in mind. I do believe it can happen to anyone.
    You're right, it CAN happen to any of us.
    The problem is when we do things intentionally that raise the probability of bad things happening.
    Accidents happen. Negligence goes way beyond accidental!

Top Bottom