• ...and so much more!
  • RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    I know of no Christian that thinks if I go cut off some other guy's head for not believing as they do.
    Wrong century perhaps? Sorry... I had to state the obvious.
    And I do agree with later comments, that atheism is a religion of it's own. Please don't get me wrong here.
    IMO There is no one religion that is greater than any other... sorry to let anyone down.

When I was a kid we'd argue batman vs superman vs spiderman vs hulk... not much different today imo.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Wrong century perhaps? Sorry... I had to state the obvious.
    And I do agree with later comments, that atheism is a religion of it's own. Please don't get me wrong here.
    IMO There is no one religion that is greater than any other... sorry to let anyone down.

When I was a kid we'd argue batman vs superman vs spiderman vs hulk... not much different today imo.

I'll tap out after this: We'll just have to agree to disagree.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    I'll tap out after this: We'll just have to agree to disagree.

It's all good. I shouldn't have 'dug'. I'm not atheist, nor do I subscribe to any religion... Not sure what I am really. I'm sure it's some sort of 'religion' since it is a belief, however self induced. Just calling it like I see it. Doesn't mean I am more right than you. I'm just asking and offering my opinion, which is no greater than anyone else here. We're all free thinkers, and I am open to other's thoughts and opinions.I try not to cram my views down someone else's throat. And I've watched you do the same. Much respect (for whatever that is worth) your way I assure you.
    'agree to disagree?'... I've done it many times. No need to tap out.

ETA: I'll add that you're the only one who's offered to match donations to your beliefs. I cannot discount such a belief as fool hearty.

Last edited:

98cirrus

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Goshen
    I certainly do not relish the idea of offering an enemy an easy way into our country.

With that said, I think that there are many far easier ways to gain access to our country than our refugee asylum program. We are not Europe, refugees cannot simply walk directly across our borders. In order to enter our country as a refugee they must gain approval first.

With a British, German, Dutch, or French passport an un-compromised radical can walk right into the United States on a tourist visa, and then disappear into the ether. With a little planning a radical with a less-desirable passport can stll gain access to the US with a student or work visa.

I would rather live in Indiana than in Syria, today...tomorrow, whenever. It doesn't seem unreasonable to me that there are people in Syria that feel the same way. Our government offers a "right way" to do this.

I have no problem with this. A lot of good people are going to have an opportunity to improve their lives, and the lives of their progeny. If a few undesirable characters are able to manipulate the system and gain access the country in order to do harm I do not see that as an indictment of the asylum program. Rather, I see that as an indictment of the human condition, and of religion specifically.

Indiana has a history of accepting refugees from "enemy" countries. We took thousands of Soviet refugees at the height of the cold war. Those refugees become earnest Hoosiers. I think the Syrians will too, if we let them.

I really disagree. I'm trying to remember the Soviet dissidents who slaughtered 120 innocent men women and children, when they were sitting in restaurants? I can't seem to recall. Paulf, you will have to remind me on that one. (Don't remember an Englishman or a Frenchman, German or a Dutchman either.) What do you all think of Paulf. He wants us to mimick the policies of France and let in more Middle Easterners. Can't you look at where that got France? It's wreaking havoc over there. I guess as long as it's someone elses innocent family or country that lost loved ones, then Paulf is ok with it. It's ok to make the same mistakes, in the interest of Pauls generosity. He's superior too, because he's concerned about the feelings of the Syrians, and that makes him enlightened too. I know we have taken alot of great people into this country over the years, and they have helped us a ton. We can continue to do it, but not with people inclined to destroy us. (I'm trying to think of all the Muslin Charities that are doing good all over America for all Americans, that have been set up over the great history Mr. Obama claims we have with Muslims going back to the colonies?) I'm also trying to think of all the great Muslim employers, creating work for thousands of happy American employees. Maybe Paul could remind us who they are.
    We don't owe foreigners the same courtesies we owe Americans. We don't owe it to anyone to let them in to become Americans. We the people need safety first and foremost. The government of France is at least temporarily, a government that can't protect it's citizens. Our head of FBI just got done saying they/we have too many Middle Easterners to watch and somre are slipping throught the cracks already, but good old Paul wants to bring in some more? So we won't be far behind France if this is allowed. Paulf says it's ok, they wana come bring em here and they will be like other immigrants. Well how does he know the future? And we have a very questionable administration right now doing the vetting process. I don't trust Mr. Obama to send anyone back at all. They already tried to tell us it was just "3 year olds" and they would all be vetted, but we know now that their documents were mostly purchased, and noone knows anything about their backgrounds. A flat out lie. Norway just had 3 teenaged girls raped by vetted Syrian refugees. I don't really understand the Pauls. Actually, my opinion, anyone who thinks it's ok to unleash the potential of these people on other fellow Americans should be ashamed.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    No religion is a religion? Having no faith requires faith? Hmmm.

To look around the world we live in and believe deep down in your heart, that everything you see is made of stuff that exploded into being spontaneously, 14 billion years ago?

To know that all of this is a totally random cosmic fluke?

To be absolutely sure of that requires something.:dunno:

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    To look around the world we live in and believe deep down in your heart, that everything you see is made of stuff that exploded into being spontaneously, 14 billion years ago?

I think I see what you are getting at, but please understand: A lack of belief in gods (atheism) does not automatically equate to belief in the "big bang" theory of cosmology.

I can't speak for other atheists, but speaking for myself: I don't know exactly how the universe got its start...and I haven't lost any sleep over it so far. It really just doesn't matter to me...I'll never know for certain, and it doesn't affect my day-to-day functions in the least.

I got where I am spiritually by trying to answer persistant questions I had...I don't pretend to know any answers for certain.

You have either crafted a strawman for the purpose of argument, or you believe in one...either way, your statement does not hold weight.

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    They certainly proselytize worse than a Jehovah's Witness.

Yeah, sure.

I have never been disturbed in my home by an atheist asking to spend a few minutes talking about the good news of...nothing. Mormons, JWs, Catholics, and Baptists have all tried this tact.

I have been raved at by every manner of "Christian Street Preacher", never by an atheist though.

Atheism holds a mirror up to the religious. We point out the ridiculous and dangerous things that believers say and do. Sometimes believers don't like what they see, and some will lash out at atheists. Meh.

Last edited:

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I got where I am spiritually by trying to answer persistant questions I had...I don't pretend to know any answers for certain.

You and me both.:dunno:

I don't know ****. But I find it at least as likely that deity is responsible for all of "this", as it is likely that it all just went poof, and was here.

Your lack of belief and willingness to admit that you don't know puts you somewhere on the agnostic atheist end of the spectrum. I am probably closer to the agnostic theist end.

My assertion that atheism requires faith is meant for the militant, proselytizing atheists who absolutely know there is no god and actively seek to tear down the beliefs of those who do.

I actually admire their "faith", the same way I admire those who possess faith in a religion. I must be nice to know.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan

Who is absolutely sure of ANYTHING? Science is still working on the origin, it is far from answered. 14 Billion years is such a large number that most of us have a hard time grasping the shear size of that timeline. It is time enough for evolution to work, science has proved it and I have no reason to doubt it.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I really disagree. I'm trying to remember the Soviet dissidents who slaughtered 120 innocent men women and children, when they were sitting in restaurants? I can't seem to recall. Paulf, you will have to remind me on that one. (Don't remember an Englishman or a Frenchman, German or a Dutchman either.) What do you all think of Paulf. He wants us to mimick the policies of France and let in more Middle Easterners. Can't you look at where that got France? It's wreaking havoc over there. I guess as long as it's someone elses innocent family or country that lost loved ones, then Paulf is ok with it. It's ok to make the same mistakes, in the interest of Pauls generosity. He's superior too, because he's concerned about the feelings of the Syrians, and that makes him enlightened too. I know we have taken alot of great people into this country over the years, and they have helped us a ton. We can continue to do it, but not with people inclined to destroy us. (I'm trying to think of all the Muslin Charities that are doing good all over America for all Americans, that have been set up over the great history Mr. Obama claims we have with Muslims going back to the colonies?) I'm also trying to think of all the great Muslim employers, creating work for thousands of happy American employees. Maybe Paul could remind us who they are.
    We don't owe foreigners the same courtesies we owe Americans. We don't owe it to anyone to let them in to become Americans. We the people need safety first and foremost. The government of France is at least temporarily, a government that can't protect it's citizens. Our head of FBI just got done saying they/we have too many Middle Easterners to watch and somre are slipping throught the cracks already, but good old Paul wants to bring in some more? So we won't be far behind France if this is allowed. Paulf says it's ok, they wana come bring em here and they will be like other immigrants. Well how does he know the future? And we have a very questionable administration right now doing the vetting process. I don't trust Mr. Obama to send anyone back at all. They already tried to tell us it was just "3 year olds" and they would all be vetted, but we know now that their documents were mostly purchased, and noone knows anything about their backgrounds. A flat out lie. Norway just had 3 teenaged girls raped by vetted Syrian refugees. I don't really understand the Pauls. Actually, my opinion, anyone who thinks it's ok to unleash the potential of these people on other fellow Americans should be ashamed.
    Playing right into the fear mongers hands I see.

Top Bottom