• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Or, they could fight for their own country instead of depending on foreigners to do it for them.

After doing a bit of reading/research etc I have come to the conclusion that like our Hispanic neighbors these people are seeing an escape to the utopia we have created from hard work. They are on the gravy train.

Now, this being said, I am absolutely positive there are trouble makers in their midst.

If I am wrong my response will be swift and apologetic. If I am right, which I have strong feelings about yhis, I will be the 1st one to go "Neener Neener Neener".....:p

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    First, NOWHERE did I say that this applied to anyone here; and for the record, I was asking based on what I have noticed outside of this forum. I simply asked a very generalized question to invoke thought... again.

Second, strictly playing devil's advocate... how could you possibly know that? Do you have the donation history and housing history of every person on this forum?

Regardless, there are plenty of people across America who DO fit the description, and I'm genuinely curious as to what makes THIS group of people rank so much higher than all of the others that they've been exposed to throughout their lifetimes. SOMETHING about this is motivating people to donate and open their homes who have never been motivated to do so before; and there has never been a shortage of people in need. I find it intriguing.

Ranks higher than who? Do you have an example?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    After doing a bit of reading/research etc I have come to the conclusion that like our Hispanic neighbors these people are seeing an escape to the utopia we have created from hard work. They are on the gravy train.

Now, this being said, I am absolutely positive there are trouble makers in their midst.

If I am wrong my response will be swift and apologetic. If I am right, which I have strong feelings about yhis, I will be the 1st one to go "Neener Neener Neener".....:p

Oh, so it's a competition to see who says it first? Game on.

On second thought, I'm going to concede now, noticing your 71K posts while I'm not even out of the 4 digit range yet.

Ranks higher than who? Do you have an example?

With all our homeless and downtrodden, why focus on THOSE particular homeless and downtrodden? I think that's the message.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles

Every my gun goes BANG, I'll just sing, "Praise the Lord, and pass the ammo".....

https://video.search.yahoo.com/vide...mozilla-004&hsimp=yhs-004&hspart=mozilla&tt=b

Last edited:

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    I'd be trying to get out of that region. Surrounded by militant religious zealots and ruled by a dictator.

I like to think I'd die to protect MY home, family and country. Some may call it a fools death, but I'd rather die for a just cause than live a life knowing I did nothing to defend my homeland.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    I'd be trying to get out of that region. Surrounded by militant religious zealots and ruled by a dictator.

I like to think I'd die to protect MY home, family and country. Some may call it a fools death, but I'd rather die for a just cause than live a life knowing I did nothing to defend my homeland.

I guess it depends what you are fighting for. In the US, we keep going down the path farther away from principles our country was founded on. America is about those principles, not a piece of land. So if my fellow citizens are happy with the changes and I can find a place I would fit in better, I would consider leaving. But if there were other citizens willing to fight for the principles, I would go down fighting.

I haven't been to Syria.

From what I do know of the Arab culture (and it's mostly thirdhand), their support of government and leadership tends to blow with the winners. These are not likely to be the folks so pledge their life, liberty, and sacred honor. That may be why the typical INGO member has trouble getting behind them.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Really? I'll fight for my country like the Founding Fathers and those that ACTUALLY BUILT THIS COUNTRY.

Those that will abandon their own country will do little for ours.

Actually it's only fair to note that our country was built by folks that left theirs.... That said (and importantly) the refugees that have done the best here in America have been the ones that came to jump in, join the culture , and become Americans. I'm all for helping the refugees - but I'm not sure that relocating them halfway around the world to a completely foreign environment is the best way to accomplish that. Something more local , is , in my opinion, a better idea.

Baditude

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    SE Indianapolis
    So for all those who think we should take them in I have a couple thoughts / questions:

At some point their numbers will outnumber the hosting country see above video what is happening in Germany, Netherlands, Sweden.

What is the critical population point where their way of life / culture supercedes yours? Meaning the teachings of Islam overrule the constitution and your religious freedom why do you think it can't happen here, has our county not fundamentally changed in terms of liberty in the last 20 years?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    So for all those who think we should take them in I have a couple thoughts / questions:

At some point their numbers will outnumber the hosting country see above video what is happening in Germany, Netherlands, Sweden.

What is the critical population point where their way of life / culture supercedes yours? Meaning the teachings of Islam overrule the constitution and your religious freedom why do you think it can't happen here, has our county not fundamentally changed in terms of liberty in the last 20 years?

I can only assume they are ok with throwing homosexuals off buildings and stoning women to death for being raped.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Actually it's only fair to note that our country was built by folks that left theirs.... That said (and importantly) the refugees that have done the best here in America have been the ones that came to jump in, join the culture , and become Americans. I'm all for helping the refugees - but I'm not sure that relocating them halfway around the world to a completely foreign environment is the best way to accomplish that. Something more local , is , in my opinion, a better idea.

Something more local would be my preference too.

Top Bottom