• ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Are you going to punish me again, Churchboy. You seem to do that when I hit a nerve with you. I will choose to convey my opinions and belief's any way I choose. Not the way you think I should.

You seem to be reading something into his statement that I don't see.
    Or are you just poking a bear?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I donate thousands every year to our church. We support charitable organizations that work in prisons, foreign lands, all sorts of things. I just left the Operation Christmas Child packing party we have every year to send gifts to children around the world. Occasionally folks come looking for assistance, and we always provide it. The last two years we have donated to villages on the other side of the planet as a Christmas project. We recently raised money for a veteran in our community who can not work and who wears a permanent back brace but who is still waiting for the VA to get it together. And we are only about 30 members.

But I need to be more generous. I love being told by others who know nothing about me, usually liberals, how I should be helping someone else. And it's always the same thing: give money to the government, so they can use 3% of it to help, and the rest to mess up the good they are doing. Sorry, I'm not going to feel shame for not immediately rushing to the one option that poses the greatest risk.

We're doing something similar to that Operation Christmas thing too. But I'm not sure if that's the exact name. Yeah and then there's the food pantry, Bertha's Mission, volunteering with the Lion's Club, etc. and like you, the more you do, the more you wonder if you shouldn't be doing more. Just because one declines someone else's pet project doesn't mean they're not helping out on anothers'.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Are you going to punish me again, Churchboy. You seem to do that when I hit a nerve with you. I will choose to convey my opinions and belief's any way I choose. Not the way you think I should.

So, now you want to call me names. This is and will be on you not me.
    You call out a lot of folks and belittle their beliefs. I simply ask you to use a filter as you are not the only one in this discussion and you are coming in a bit late.
    You got popped for your own actions sir, nothing I did.
    Now, do you want to hash this out in open forum or will you please put a lid on the attitude. Simple as that.

Choose wisely as you pursue this.
    Churchboy....arent you cute tonight.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

I would sincerely suggest you rethink this post. Is stepping on toes really what is called for?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    "Hey you....bear ****er...."

tumblr_m9k621fdMK1ry5v76o7_500.gif

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville

Classy. My guess is the petty Churchboy will offer you a cheeseburger and an opportunity to get to meet over a meal. But you may not get the chance. He isn't the only mod in this thread.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Ok. Let me rephrase. Organized Religion is the cause of all this violence in the world. Or at the very least using it as a justification for their actions. And please dont include me when you say "ideas based on a shared God of whom we all believe. I for one do not "believe" in fairy tales.

Not a student of history 'eh?

Top Bottom