• Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I'll help those wishing to step up.

Never Again is Now

Read the site carefully before donating to it.
    Glenn Becks charity only helps Christians, if you don't discriminate based on religious beliefs Rescue and Refugee Support | International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a good charity

Generally speaking, the Christian community in the Middle East has represented the economic and social backbone of these societies. Highly educated and successful, they have been university professors, engineers, bankers and administrators. Many are multi-lingual and well traveled. They are non-violent, non-sectarian and have been trusted for many years, employed in some of the most important positions in secular and Islamic regimes. Whatever country takes them in will be blessed by their contributions to society.

Source: The Nazarene Fund: Frequently Asked Questions | Glenn Beck

*not opposed to this particular charity, anything is better than nothing

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    (sp?)

I'll translate: "God is great." Arabic speaking peoples from all religious based on the Judaism model say this. Even those fighting ISIS now, say this. Do you disagree with the sentiment?

Spelling is difficult. This is a translation between languages that do not even share the same lettering system.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Read the site carefully before donating to it.
    Glenn Becks charity only helps Christians, if you don't discriminate based on religious beliefs Rescue and Refugee Support | International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a good charity

Generally speaking, the Christian community in the Middle East has represented the economic and social backbone of these societies. Highly educated and successful, they have been university professors, engineers, bankers and administrators. Many are multi-lingual and well traveled. They are non-violent, non-sectarian and have been trusted for many years, employed in some of the most important positions in secular and Islamic regimes. Whatever country takes them in will be blessed by their contributions to society.

Source: The Nazarene Fund: Frequently Asked Questions | Glenn Beck

Let your conscience be your guide. Just do something other than pressing this republican/conservative/Christian shaming stuff.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Yes! God is the reason for all this nonsense.

I'd say certain people's warped ideas based on a shared God of whom we all believe. Or better yet through false prophets.

Or, it could be free will. Religion is just an excuse. Remove religion, and I'm sure most of those people (people fighting, of all religions) would fight over something else.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Let your conscience be your guide. Just do something other than pressing this republican/conservative/Christian shaming stuff.

I'm a conservative*,republican christian , this isn't a political issue.

Edit: A Justin Amash/Thomas Massie conservative. As conservative is a bit vague.

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I'm a conservative,republican christian , this isn't a political issue.

You could have fooled me. If you feel like help needs to be provided and you think it's your job and not the government's, then... again, let your conscience be your guide.

tlandon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 13, 2014
    USA
    I'd say certain people's warped ideas based on a shared God of whom we all believe. Or better yet through false prophets.

Ok. Let me rephrase. Organized Religion is the cause of all this violence in the world. Or at the very least using it as a justification for their actions. And please dont include me when you say "ideas based on a shared God of whom we all believe. I for one do not "believe" in fairy tales.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    I'm not big on the "huddled masses.... give me your tired" argument

When the immigrants came into Ellis Island, they were admitted with requirements and expectations of self-support. Yes the US took the hungry and poor and gave them a CHANCE.

From what I'm reading, (and I will come back with links when I get an additional verified source) we are giving these refugees taxpayer-funded education, SS cards, cash, a Walmart gift card, and likely the ability to get more freebies when the government-sponsored job training doesn't work.

Whether or not we should take these refugees or other immigrants is a tough question; but things just aren't comparable to the days of Ellis Island.

Perhaps 'chance' is the word I was looking for in the Statue of Liberty portion, and what I alluded to in that other refugees in the past were fleeing a tyrannical entiity interested in controlling their homeland. This is different... As evidenced by some of the videos I had mentioned as well as general perception upon terrorist tactics. And my mind struggles with how we adapt to the difference. That very well may be 'close our borders' in the end, but I am not ready to jump o that bandwagon just yet is all.

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    I'm a conservative,republican christian , this isn't a political issue.

It's not? Then why are all the politicians taking a stance on their respective side of the fence? This is also a humanitarian issue, a financial issue, a public safety issue, a religious issue, a gender issue, a race issue, and unfortunately an American issue. But unless you are willing to take whatever person they send you into your home and provide for them, stop trying to demonize those who do not welcome them here. I pray you get a refugee that is truly in need and grateful for your help, but that is not a chance I am willing to take with my families life.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Ok. Let me rephrase. Organized Religion is the cause of all this violence in the world. Or at the very least using it as a justification for their actions. And please dont include me when you say "ideas based on a shared God of whom we all believe. I for one do not "believe" in fairy tales.

Fairy tales. You can have your opinions and belief's. That is your right.
    In that there are better ways to convey it.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Some would say atheism is a religion.
    Religions do not require a God/god.
    Look at Hinduism.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville

I donate thousands every year to our church. We support charitable organizations that work in prisons, foreign lands, all sorts of things. I just left the Operation Christmas Child packing party we have every year to send gifts to children around the world. Occasionally folks come looking for assistance, and we always provide it. The last two years we have donated to villages on the other side of the planet as a Christmas project. We recently raised money for a veteran in our community who can not work and who wears a permanent back brace but who is still waiting for the VA to get it together. And we are only about 30 members.

But I need to be more generous. I love being told by others who know nothing about me, usually liberals, how I should be helping someone else. And it's always the same thing: give money to the government, so they can use 3% of it to help, and the rest to mess up the good they are doing. Sorry, I'm not going to feel shame for not immediately rushing to the one option that poses the greatest risk.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    It's not? Then why are all the politicians taking a stance on their respective side of the fence? This is also a humanitarian issue, a financial issue, a public safety issue, a religious issue, a gender issue, a race issue, and unfortunately an American issue. But unless you are willing to take whatever person they send you into your home and provide for them, stop trying to demonize those who do not welcome them here. I pray you get a refugee that is truly in need and grateful for your help, but that is not a chance I am willing to take with my families life.

You're right I should have said it shouldn't be a political issue but politicans toe their party lines. I'm demonizing you? I tried to keep my responses as civil as I'd expect in return. disagreement isn't the same as demonizing.

tlandon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 13, 2014
    USA
    Fairy tales. You can have your opinions and belief's. That is your right.
    In that there are better ways to convey it.

Are you going to punish me again, Churchboy. You seem to do that when I hit a nerve with you. I will choose to convey my opinions and belief's any way I choose. Not the way you think I should.

Top Bottom