• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Thanks, guys. Now the DOT is here wanting to know why I started this trainwreck

You did the right thing sir!

While folks grumble and squirm a bit trying to cover the mistakes they know they are guilty of, they still hear the conversation and become more conscious of their sometimes dangerous behavior. The more we are around people handling guns, the more we run into those unfamiliar with safe handling. Accepting unsafe gun handling as normal is part of the problem.

A perfect example that education and repetition of gun safety rules work is the modern day standard of "finger off the trigger." Thirty years ago, everyone that picked up a gun did so with their finger on the trigger, not so now days. We still have some work to do on muzzle sweeping, but just the fact that we are discussing it is progress.:yesway:

Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    You mean in reference to what the Cubs did to the White Sox this year, right?

I have a friend that is a lifelong Cubs fan and we used to torment him by leaving brooms in his office. He never gave up rooting for them though. I don't actually have anything against the Cubs, I just enjoyed getting my friend wound-up.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    A perfect example that education and repetition of gun safety rules work is the modern day standard of "finger off the trigger." Thirty years ago, everyone that picked up a gun did so with their finger on the trigger, not so now days. .:yesway:
    I guess I'm not part of "everyone". Thirty years ago I picked up guns, and DIDN'T put my finger on the triggers!

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    You should keep your wallet in the breast pocket of your suit coat for its protection and your own.

I heard a rumor that keeping a wallet in the pocket of your suit coat will deflect a .22 bullet without even leaving a hole in the coat.

It's true!

I heard it from some guy who heard it from some guy!

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    See, I am a psychic (some say psycho)... See post 85... I knew that this would turn to a cop bashing thing.

Just pointing out the ludicrous assumption that any living thing a gun is pointed at will die.

Damn all that miles training I did having machine guns pointed at me.

jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End
    Many on here would go absolutely nuts going thru the old time infiltration course they had back in the '60's. I've no idea how they do it now.

Crawling on your stomach while live fire is going just above you.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    I hereby officially name this thread "SWEEPING WALLET".

I think Kirk 's usual comment is "Eez gon, eez not safe."

Please spare me your basic training stories or imply that because it happens at gun stores, and shows, that makes it ok.

It's NOT safe. It's not OK.

Four rules. Learn 'em, live 'em, love 'em. They'll save your life, kid. Literally.

jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End
    I hereby officially name this thread "SWEEPING WALLET".

I think Kirk 's usual comment is "Eez gon, eez not safe."

Please spare me your basic training stories or imply that because it happens at gun stores, and shows, that makes it ok.

It's NOT safe. It's not OK.

Four rules. Learn 'em, live 'em, love 'em. They'll save your life, kid. Literally.

YES SIR! Whatever You Say Sarge!:patriot::patriot:

KID????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? How little you know.:laugh:

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    SO, what does one do when following the 4 rules is not 100% practical or possible?

I am not so sure that sweeping the floor is any better, if the weapon did discharge it would most certainly ricochet somewhere bad.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    Well, Its obvious that every gun shop should have a room, 12x12, lined with armor plate. Every time you want to see a firearm in the case, all the other patrons will be rounded up and placed in that room, until your done coonfingering.

Your gonna get swept from time to time, if you hang out in gunshops. Make a habit of talking about it THERE, to the people who do it, instead of saying nothing, then coming home to ***** about it on the internet.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Evanlee11
    Top Bottom