SWAT Team invades home and kills dog for a joint.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    do you still believe we will find weapons of mass destruction in Iraq? because thats about as far fetched as not realizing the prison system is a HUGE money maker for private companies. the war on drugs and our entire out of bounds Law Enforcement system is basicly the modern welfare program that was created during the great depression to build roads, bridges, monuments, dams, etc

yes there is something wrong with making a buck when its at the expense of freedom.
    making back tax dollars, lol, thats a sham. if the govt realizes it saved money, what do they do??? they go MORE overbudget the next time.

Are they doing it for less money than the Feds? If so, what's the problem?

It's no different than the Feds contracting someone to make uniforms or rifles, or jets or anything else.

They're just providing a service and would be a damn terrible business if they didn't turn a profit.

Now, if you can show me that the government would do it cheaper, then you'd have a dog in the fight.

Simply saying that a contractor makes a profit is no accusation, and certainly not a crime.

CCA was only founded 25 years ago, AFTER drug laws came into effect. So, it's not like they started the prison company, and THEN had the drug laws passed.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Are they doing it for less money than the Feds? If so, what's the problem?

It's no different than the Feds contracting someone to make uniforms or rifles, or jets or anything else.

They're just providing a service and would be a damn terrible business if they didn't turn a profit.

Now, if you can show me that the government would do it cheaper, then you'd have a dog in the fight.

Simply saying that a contractor makes a profit is no accusation, and certainly not a crime.

CCA was only founded 25 years ago, AFTER drug laws came into effect. So, it's not like they started the prison company, and THEN had the drug laws passed.

basicly the point being, is that the fact that its contracted is the thing that drives the system. the govt doesnt have the resources to do it all themselves. so they must make sure that it stays profitible for the contractors.

Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    Only thing I found in Iraq that I would consider a WMD is Wild Tiger. I've read this thread about twice now, and WOW does this thing go everywhere...

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Government tyranny killed Jesus Christ, and we are not called to submission by virtue of being Christian.

Romans 13:1

Everyone must submit himself to the governming authorities for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God.

The only time it is acceptable to break the law is if it goes against God's commands. Those being to worship God, to spread the good news that Jesus is the way to eternal life, to love each other, to not covet, to not steal, etc.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    basicly the point being, is that the fact that its contracted is the thing that drives the system. the govt doesnt have the resources to do it all themselves. so they must make sure that it stays profitible for the contractors.

So how did it work in the 220 years prior?

It was privatized, because private business can do it more efficiently and cheaper than the government.

I highly doubt there is some conspiritorial impetus keeping the CCA afloat.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    You aren't going to start chanting "Bush Lied, People Died" are you?

no, i think if people havent figured all that out already then they never wil.

i voted for bush, so i have no room to talk. based on the other 2 options (the almighty inventer of the internet, and Mr. flip flop full of poopy) i think i made the right choice at the time.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Something needed to be done, when a guy blatently breaks a treaty.

The mistake we made was hanging around.

Sadaam is gone, you guys sort it out, see ya later.

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    Only thing I found in Iraq that I would consider a WMD is Wild Tiger. I've read this thread about twice now, and WOW does this thing go everywhere...
    i love those things.
    2ishzef.jpg

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Only an absolute moron truly believes that crap.

But our country is made up of absolute morons now. Just look at their dear leader they elected. If facts are inconvenient, they just make up new facts. Everyone in the world knew Hussein had WMD. He used them on the Shiites, he used them on the Kurds and he used them on the Iranians. Everyone still thought he had them before the war, even the Russians, Germsns and French. They just wanted to keep talking instead of going to war. No one suspected that he had destroyed them without telling anyone (I believe that is the official story now). Some of the spooks said they stuff went to Syria before the war.

Tazman62

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    I agree I think it went to Syria. I knew a guy over there who flew night ops and said he saw all kinds of late night convoys making beelines for the border.

MinuteMan47

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    IN
    ... I've read this thread about twice now, and WOW does this thing go everywhere...

SUMMARY :

*American tax payers pay over $40 Billion dollars a year to "fight" "the war on drugs". The video in the OP shows those tax dollars hard at work(creating a military style invasion for marijuana)

*Once in prison, we pay $6.5 Billion a year to keep them there.

* We have privatized our prison system and created a $37 billion dollar industry by incarcerating AMERICAN CITIZENS on "drug charges".

*There are IN FACT lobbyists for CCA (Corrections Corporation of America), trying to pass laws to increase prison populations. **Nudging ATOmonkey*** More inmates equals more money.
    From the article- "Theoretically, more arrests mean more detainees, which means more money coming into the company."...(More from the source)

Is CCA trying to buy an immigration bill here similar to Arizona’s? | Nashville City Paper: Nashville's Online Source for Daily News

Just google "lobbyists for CCA" - I can't make this stuff up.

Last edited:

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    SUMMARY :

* We have privatized our prison system and created a $37 billion dollar industry by incarcerating AMERICAN CITIZENS on "drug charges".

At least now its making a profit, when it was run by the guberment it cost 3 times as much and was less efficient.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom