• Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2009
    Dyer
    THE FLAG CODE
    Title 36, U.S.C., Chapter 10
    As amended by P.L. 344, 94th Congress
    Approved July 7, 1976

§ 176. Respect for flag: No disrespect should be shown to the flag of the United States of America; the flag should not be dipped to any person or thing. Regimental colors, State flags, and organization or institutional flags are to be dipped as a mark of honor.
    (a) The flag should never be displayed with the union down, except as a signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property.

Now, if you were in the military and fought for that flag, I guess I say you have a right to that opinion.

On the other hand, if you weren't in the military, you are showing MAJOR disrespect to those who are fighting and have died for what that flag represents.

Which are you?

Vietnam Vet. 1969-1975

I'm not going to get in a pi$$ing match with a Vietnam vet, I thank you for your service. BUT, if you can't see the following everywhere you look I don't know what to tell you:

(a) The flag should never be displayed with the union down, except as a signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property.

I've had the avatar since March 21, 2010. This country IS in extreme danger and without a MAJOR reversion with shortly cease to exist. You can call me a fear manger and bury your head in the sand if you wish.

Blind Squirrel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    In a van, down by the river
    I have been through many hours of training and have come to one conclusion. I don't want to survive the blast. If I am with in 100 miles of the blast I hope it goes off on top of my head.

We don't have the training, equipment or the government backing for us to survive such a blast.

The truth about such a blast is that the government gave up on us surviving such a blast. They don't even teach first responders on how to survive such any more. That is why it isn't taught in school any more.

The burns from the fire storm would over whelm the Hospitals that remained. Then there is the fallout. That is a really nice way to die. Look it up if you want to have some thing to dream about tonight that will wake you up.

Then after the blast and you survive because you lived past the danger zone. Then there is the after math of removing the top 6"of soil so you can plant food. Where will that equipment come form? Then the soil has to be prepared for growing with fertilizer and mulch. I have no Idea where you are going to get all that stuff. Will it be shipped in? How? The part of the country that survived will be fighting a war with the S.O.B. that dropped the bomb.

Then again I don't think that we will be doing much of any thing because who ever drops the big one isn't going to drop just one.

The area around Cincinnati is going to be toast. They make to much stuff for war. Washington D.C. is toast. The hole East cost is history, all the bases. There wouldn't be much remaining after the dust settles. That is why the government isn't doing any thing to plan for our survival. They don't know if even they will survive.

I have to agree completely. If you're lucky enough to live in an area deemed a low strategic asset then you might live.....a while. Otherwise the fallout, burns, starvation and nut jobs will kill you. Die fast or die slower..............end result, you're going to die from that kind of war.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    I'm not going to get in a pi$$ing match with a Vietnam vet, I thank you for your service. BUT, if you can't see the following everywhere you look I don't know what to tell you:

I've had the avatar since March 21, 2010. This country IS in extreme danger and without a MAJOR reversion with shortly cease to exist. You can call me a fear manger and bury your head in the sand if you wish.

I appreciate you changing your avatar. I really do.

I know units who were overrun and never gave up. Never lowered the colors.

I don't think we should give up so easily. We have a mess on our hands...I agree with you on that. But I'm not giving up on my country just because it is being mismanaged.

While there is hope, there is reason to fight.

Molon Labe

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2009
    Dyer
    I think the most common comment I have received is that people will "just die" if an event like this occurs. It isn't going to be that simple, even if an all out exchange took place. Most will live. If action is not taken you will succumb to the fallout, though. Probably excruciatingly over a matter of weeks. Please pay attention. I am only doing this to help.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2009
    Dyer
    I have to agree completely. If you're lucky enough to live in an area deemed a low strategic asset then you might live.....a while. Otherwise the fallout, burns, starvation and nut jobs will kill you. Die fast or die slower..............end result, you're going to die from that kind of war.

So, the morons stealing flat screens in the middle of thermonuclear war are going to pose a threat? You mean the ones bleeding out of their a$$es? They will cease to exist in 30 days. If you prepare you CAN survive, unscathed. Most are too busy watching Honey Boo Boo and DWTS to even think about preparing for a scenario like this one. This IS a survival forum, you know. Leaving this scenario out of your preps isn't the greatest idea with N Korea and Iran gaining nuclear and ICBM capabilities.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I think the most common comment I have received is that people will "just die" if an event like this occurs. It isn't going to be that simple, even if an all out exchange took place. Most will live. If action is not taken you will succumb to the fallout, though. Probably excruciatingly over a matter of weeks. Please pay attention. I am only doing this to help.

Ah don't get worked up about it. Your trying to help people and doing a great thing keep it up. The fact of the matter is that yes most people will just lay down and die just like they will lay down and hand in their guns. Even members here. Just like its your right to choose your avatar as you wish. Did I like it no, but does it make any of your info less correct? No

Maybe you need to issue midol to people who wanna watch your informational videos? And some vagisil. ;)

Looking forward to the next video!!

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    So everyone thats giving up.
    It coulda been a single event.
    Terrorist delivers a bomb on a ship.
    Or a rogue launch.
    There will be survivors that can make it, providing they DON'T go around getting fallout breathed or injested.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    If you are shielded from radiation by terrain, or far enough away (doubling the distance will quarter the rads) then you could very well live.
    Until you are assuming you won't, and you breath in radiation particulate, don't shield your skin from contamination, or eat radiated food.
    Yes, many people have survived from both Japanese blasts, and testing done by Uncle Sam on it's own people in tests.
    If you assume you are dead. You probably are.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I suspect that, rather than the general nuclear exchange some of you envision, one or more surface-delivered nuclear device explosions in major cities are a more likely scenario in today's world. If the current or future Administrations succeed in unilaterally dismantling our nuclear strike capabilities, we may indeed be the recipients of a general nuclear attack from Russia or China, but in the interim, one or more nuclear "terror" strikes seem more likely, especially if the Iranians and/or the North Koreans are allowed to develop and distribute nuclear weapons to their ideological allies.

A scientist named "Kearne" (IIRC) in cooperation with the Oak Ridge nuclear research facility published a guide to surviving a nuclear attack some years back (in the third quarter of the 20th Century). If you search for "surviving a nuclear attack" and "Oak Ridge Labs" you can probably find a PDF file of the publication. I've got a paper copy somewhere in the garage that I run across from time-to-time. It has quite a bit of DIY data on creating blast shelters (which can also double as tornado shelters in our neighborhood), DIY radiation detectors, air filtration, hand-powered air pumps, ect.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    And don't forget the risk of a "dirty bomb".
    It's not properly a nuclear bomb, it just spreads radioactive material

That one is easy to protect yourself from. The problem is the time between not knowing it was a dirty bomb if your close to the epicenter or downwind.

I want to mention that FEMA has REALY good info on what to do in preparing for, during, and after many types of disasters. Tornados, floods, earthquake, hurricane, flood, terrorist attack, bombing, chemical attack, nuclear attack, biological attack, ect. Go check it out. The more you know the better your chances.
    These are survivable events no matter what the uneducated tell you.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2009
    Dyer
    I suspect that, rather than the general nuclear exchange some of you envision, one or more surface-delivered nuclear device explosions in major cities are a more likely scenario in today's world. If the current or future Administrations succeed in unilaterally dismantling our nuclear strike capabilities, we may indeed be the recipients of a general nuclear attack from Russia or China, but in the interim, one or more nuclear "terror" strikes seem more likely, especially if the Iranians and/or the North Koreans are allowed to develop and distribute nuclear weapons to their ideological allies.

A scientist named "Kearne" (IIRC) in cooperation with the Oak Ridge nuclear research facility published a guide to surviving a nuclear attack some years back (in the third quarter of the 20th Century). If you search for "surviving a nuclear attack" and "Oak Ridge Labs" you can probably find a PDF file of the publication. I've got a paper copy somewhere in the garage that I run across from time-to-time. It has quite a bit of DIY data on creating blast shelters (which can also double as tornado shelters in our neighborhood), DIY radiation detectors, air filtration, hand-powered air pumps, ect.

Yes, you are correct. When I am done with my series I will have a "further information" thingy at the end. This is one of the publications I was going to suggest people read. In fact, it would be THE thing to read if you could only pick one. The purpose of the video is to give the basics to folks who are too lazy to read a 100 page book on surviving nuclear war.

Here is the link for my fellow INGO'ers:
    http://survival-training.info/Library/Nuclear/Nuclear%20war%20survival%20skills%20I.pdf

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    If you're not in the initial blast zone, chances are pretty good you'll survive for at least a while. A few precautions ,like sheltering, makes indefinite survival a prospect. I don't understand the lie down and die philosophy on a survival forum. I don't know if these are still available, but when I was in high school I ordered "Effects of Nuclear Weapons" from the National Technical Information Service which discussed weapon effects and defenses. It does not take a lot to shield from radiation. The biggest worry will be clean water and food. In Hiroshima, the streetcars were back running within 10 days, life went on.

Wreaver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Right over there!
    It's not something I've ever looked into and your information seems sound, but I'm sorry, I just can't take it seriously with the camo, helmet, and shades. I know in a previous comment you mentioned "brand" or character but I felt like it downgraded the whole video. But, that's just my opinion. Hopefully it draws in a bunch of views for you.

Top Bottom