• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CombatRex

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 20, 2010
    NE side of Indy
    The vid was informative, though after 29 years of military service, I have come to the conclusion I would much rather be in a nuclear environment than a chemical biological environment.

:patriot::ar15:

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2009
    Dyer
    The vid was informative, though after 29 years of military service, I have come to the conclusion I would much rather be in a nuclear environment than a chemical biological environment.

:patriot::ar15:

I'd have to admit, chemical and biological are two of my very week points when it comes to prepping. I'd like to learn all that I can and someday do an informative video on both subjects. What do you mean by your statement?

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    I'd have to admit, chemical and biological are two of my very week points when it comes to prepping. I'd like to learn all that I can and someday do an informative video on both subjects. What do you mean by your statement?

It's easier to shelter against radiological that chem-bio.

tenring

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    Martinsville
    Last time I saw a list of targets, Indy was on the "B" list, but that was Russia pulling the trigger. Have no idea what it is now. Years ago there was a paper put together that said a nuclear war would have a 3-4 day window of advance notice, so someone labeled it "The Evacuation of Marion County to the Host Counties". I happen to live in one of those "Host" counties, and at the time did not find one person who would be willing to take in refuges' in such an event. Compassion and friendly faces would be hard to find!

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    First line of surviving a nuke as not to be at ground zero. ;)

Indeed! At ground-zero you will be 100% vaporized before anything from the blast, light, sound, blast-wave can travel from your nerve endings to your brain.

In other words, not only will you not know what happened, your body is incapable of letting you know.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2009
    Dyer
    Indeed! At ground-zero you will be 100% vaporized before anything from the blast, light, sound, blast-wave can travel from your nerve endings to your brain.

In other words, not only will you not know what happened, your body is incapable of letting you know.

Against, though, what happens if you are not at ground zero? You will have to either scramble to survive or eat a serving of instant lead poisoning.

usafmora

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    North Vernon
    From 1986 thru 1991 I was stationed at Malmstrom AFB Mt, and belive me that you wont last thru a airblast let alone the winter storm from the resulting effect. If any one is intrested then I can put some links to what Im writing about. I know I am new to this fourm but I can not work on and in a system them have someone give out false hope!

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    From 1986 thru 1991 I was stationed at Malmstrom AFB Mt, and belive me that you wont last thru a airblast let alone the winter storm from the resulting effect. If any one is intrested then I can put some links to what Im writing about. I know I am new to this fourm but I can not work on and in a system them have someone give out false hope!

Why would you not live through an airblast 60 miles away with a hill blocking the rads?

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2009
    Dyer

I would be interested in hearing what you have to say but I don't understand how I am giving out false hope using facts. A single bomb is very survivable, especially if it is an air burst. If you don't recall, we had over 40,000 people present at one of the NTS blasts and all of them lived through it.

usafmora

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    North Vernon
    Well were I worked there were at least 150 silos, and never does one go without the other ones. Then there are at least 150 from the bad guys heading our way so Id say that about covers most states! What did you think of the link that I posted above, was it intresting?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Well were I worked there were at least 150 silos, and never does one go without the other ones. Then there are at least 150 from the bad guys heading our way so Id say that about covers most states! What did you think of the link that I posted above, was it intresting?

North Korea probably won't be hitting us with 150 missles.
    A terrorist cell that gets hold of a few, probably won't get hold of 150.

Are you guys telling me that if you see a fireball a great distance away, you're going to pull your firearm out and "administer mercy" to yourself?

And what if that was the only bomb? And it turns out it wasn't that big as far as nukes go, but you didn't know that.

usafmora

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    North Vernon
    I guess Russia is our great friend nowadays? In the event of a full-scale nuclear exchange between the United States and Russia, given that the initiating nation would only succeed in guaranteeing a retaliatory strike, what is likely to occur is as follows. American nuclear missiles would likely target critical military facilities, to include ICBM production and storage locations, national-level nuclear stockpile sites, ICBM support facilities, and ICBM silos. This would virtually guarantee that the RVSN would not be able to be reconstituted for a potential second round of missile firings. The unfortunate side effect, of course, is that the aftermath of the initial full-scale nuclear exchange would likely be crippling to both nations, and utterly devastating to the rest of the populated world. Such is the crux of the concept of mutually assured destruction (MAD); neither nation would be likely to guarantee its destruction by initiating a nuclear exchange, but equivalent nuclear arsenals are maintained on both sides to prevent either side from encountering a scenario where a preemptive strike would be an attractive option. Internet is a great place. Night all.

Last edited:

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Last time I saw a list of targets, Indy was on the "B" list, but that was Russia pulling the trigger. Have no idea what it is now. Years ago there was a paper put together that said a nuclear war would have a 3-4 day window of advance notice, so someone labeled it "The Evacuation of Marion County to the Host Counties". I happen to live in one of those "Host" counties, and at the time did not find one person who would be willing to take in refuges' in such an event. Compassion and friendly faces would be hard to find!

That sort of wishful thinking (evacuate Marion County into the "donut counties") died out in the 70s and, because it was such a difficult conundrum, the whole subject was tacitly ignored by the Civil Defense/Emergency Management (now Homeland Security) community. This is why Kearne's book had a temporary resurgence in the 80s. Nowadays, the specter of a significant chemical weapon attack or an epidemic (either natural or man-caused) threaten to dwarf the effects of a single or even a couple low-yield nuclear terror devices emplaced in one or more of our major cities.

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    Well I live in Dallas. So i'm dead. Well unless I get to some sort of bomb shelter that can survive a direct hit, and that doesn't exist here.

Last edited:

Magnum

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 27, 2011
    North Indy
    Have you ever researched so called "Neutron Bombs" that have tritium added to them, somehow producing the effect of drastically elevating the radiation from the explosion while minimizing the blast? When I first heard about them I was fascinated and curious about the survivability factors. I haven't found information addressing that anywhere.

Top Bottom