• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Son of Liberty

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Post the name of the officer so we can get his side of the story.

There are no sides, how I said it to you is exactly how it went down, its not like I said they beat me and there is some quarrel about wheather I was resisting.

Its just wheather or not they violated my rights by searching me and taking my weapon, and running it's numbers, even thought I gave them all of my documentation.

Son of Liberty

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    It does have it's privileges. It's a great job. It is an exclusive club because most people don't have the courage or guts to do it.

Maybe you should work on curbing your paranoia.

Your right we are all scared little puppy dogs.
    What is funny is that I go into places all the time that the brave IMPD folks rarely if every visit. And if they do go, its with an overwhelming amount of firepower.

Im not sure of this, but looking at the amount of manpower they send to the calls, I would believe I have a higher chance of being killed on my job than a cop.

Last edited:

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Your right we are all scared little puppy dogs.
    What is funny is that I go into places all the time that the brave IMPD folks rarely if every visit. And if they do go, its with an overwhelming amount of firepower.

So plus try to swing a little less.

Im not sure of this, but looking at the amount of manpower they send to the calls, I would believe I have a higher chance of being killed on my job than a cop.

It's good that they have the man power to send multiple units to calls. A lot of county officers do everything alone and could wait 45 minutes for back up if they need it.

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    It does have it's privileges. It's a great job. It is an exclusive club because most people don't have the courage or guts to do it.

the guts or courage? it takes 12 cops 2 canines the swat team and the eye in the sky to respond to a fight in the sandbox. i remember when cops really were tough they had to be. but now with all this officer safety im all askeered those days are gone. maybe im too old and things have changed but i still know the difference between a brave man who does whats right and a punk that says you will respect my authority because im the po po

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    can hope that you do see the outcome for what it was, A robbery call was received by 911, dispatched to the police officers, investigated, and everyone went home safely.

But, at some point, the officers changed from "investigating a robbery" to checking the papers of a repairman who happened to be nearby. As someone else mentioned, in the 5 minutes or so that it took the police to get there, it should have become rather obvious that a robbery hadn't actually previously begun. Logic would dictate that since it was the middle of the day and business was open, there most likely was not a person trying to cut through the roof to gain entry. It seems like the police went into "let's detain this guy, disarm him, unload all of his magazines, and check out his papers to see if he's guilty of anything." Meanwhile, if there HAD been a robbery in progress, these guys are wasting time with the landlord's repairman! I mean, seriously, running the numbers on his handgun to see if it was stolen??! Did they run the numbers on all of his repairman-type equipment, which was undoubtedly worth many times more? How about the VIN on his repairman truck?

Everyone went home safely. Only one person's rights were trampled, and only a little in the way of taxpayer money was wasted.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    :rolleyes:

I must have missed the part where the police did something wrong. As stated above, he was at the scene of a possible burglary with a firearm. The mere fact that he has a permit means absolutely nothing. Once he was run and the situation was straightened out, his sidearm was returned (left for him to retrieve). You can all whine about his rights being violated, but guess what, they weren't.

Why run the serial number on the sidearm? Would that somehow indicate to the officers that he was or was not involved in a robbery? WHERE WAS THE PROBABLE CAUSE TO RUN HIS SERIAL NUMBERS? Why empty his magazine? THAT, in and of itself, is a serious indication that the officer has issues that need to be corrected.

Seriously...you accuse me of whining, but IMMEDIATELY jump to the conclusion that we are cop-bashing. Here's a fun-fact: IF police would do their job CORRECTLY, there would be no cause to ever discuss an issue like we have here in this thread. UNTIL that happens, issues like this will continue to be discussed so that those of us who are law-abiding citizens are aware of the behaviors of law enforcement personnel, and can alter our level of cooperation accordingly.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA

Courage? CHECK. Guts? CHECK. Political Connections? Political Connections? Hmmm...guess I'll need to work on that one. :dunno:

Top Bottom