• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    If all you cop bashers can't get behind such a humble public servant such as our man gabriel, why then, I suggest that maybe you are all just dirty stinkin' cop bashers.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    You and I are both entitled to our own opinions, I gave mine and you gave yours.
    Yours is just as important to me, as mine obviously is to you.
    Doesn't bother me in the least, doesn't change my opinion.
    GFY ;)

You'd be mistaken, you see, because your opinion is very important to me. Your opinion supports willful violation of a man's rights. Your opinion supports use of police powers to create a subject out of a citizen. Your opinion means my freedoms are at stake on some level because chances are there are others who share your opinion, others who hold positions of authority, others who have power and will use it to advance their agenda based on that opinion. Your opinion is the basis to enslave the American people: when our rights are no longer considered sacred and inviolable, there is nothing that will stop this train running full steam and brake-less towards tyranny. When the people whose job it is to PROTECT those rights are the perpetrators of the violations against them, I care very much.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    It does have it's privileges. It's a great job. It is an exclusive club because most people don't have the courage or guts to do it.

Maybe you should work on curbing your paranoia.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: oh i think i just sharted myself alittle from laughing AT you so hard. i know guys like you. I think they masterbate in the mirror. what a life im missing. if only i had more guts. :rolleyes:

jboritzki

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 10, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I have tons of respect for our police officers (the ones that do their jobs and aren't pricks for no reason), but things like this does **** ya off. I've went through the same kind of thing in the past. I'm afraid I would not just let it go if it happened again. It's bad enough that regular people think that anyone who carries a gun is probably up to no good. It's even worse when it's a police officer.

ironjaw

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Indy Northeast
    Why run the serial number on the sidearm? Would that somehow indicate to the officers that he was or was not involved in a robbery? WHERE WAS THE PROBABLE CAUSE TO RUN HIS SERIAL NUMBERS? Why empty his magazine? THAT, in and of itself, is a serious indication that the officer has issues that need to be corrected.

Seriously...you accuse me of whining, but IMMEDIATELY jump to the conclusion that we are cop-bashing. Here's a fun-fact: IF police would do their job CORRECTLY, there would be no cause to ever discuss an issue like we have here in this thread. UNTIL that happens, issues like this will continue to be discussed so that those of us who are law-abiding citizens are aware of the behaviors of law enforcement personnel, and can alter our level of cooperation accordingly.
    I was pulled over (for speeding), the officer seen my handgun in the center console and asked if I had my LTCH. I said yes and that it was valid. He asked to see the serial #, took the # ,my id and my LTCH ran it, gave it all back and let me go w/ a verbal. I just politely asked why did he need my serial #, and he just stated that it was policy to run the # to see if it has "any history".

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: oh i think i just sharted myself alittle from laughing AT you so hard. i know guys like you. I think they masterbate in the mirror. what a life im missing. if only i had more guts. :rolleyes:

I've done everything I could to be one of those guys that masturbate in the mirror but I can't finish because I get creeped out by the eye contact. I could use some more guts as well. :(

About the police getting respect...I've got friends that I've known since oh about 26 years that are officers and some that I met in the past 5 years that are officers. These guys would still get my respect if they were cart boys at Wal-Mart. Respect isn't something you should give blindly. Respect the man and not the uniform.

I had an experience where ISP pulled me over based on vehicle description and the last few numbers of my plate matching the call. He came up with his gun drawn because of the type of call. Once he realized he had pulled over the wrong person he apologized and reached out to shake my hand. Told him to have a good day and he said the same(he saw my little pink paper when I pulled my driver's license out and didn't ask if I was carrying and didn't seem to care if I was). And yes, he did explain the type of call he was on and why he came to my truck the way he did. I've also had cops come up to the side of the truck with their hand on their gun while mine were on my steering wheel as soon as I put the truck in park and shut it off. Gave that officer my dl and he saw the pink piece of paper and just about **** himself. He came back to the truck and tried to take cover by the bed. It made me laugh because he asked where I was going in such a hurry(got pulled for a 38 in a 35) and I replied going to class, books on the seat. The last time I saw him around town was about 6 months after the interaction. He either moved on to a different department or realized he couldn't hack it.

Demo

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2010
    If you all would quit quoting our hero I wouldn't have to see his posts!

Super stud was the author of some lame OCing bashing when I first signed up. Been on my ignore list since then.

BTW Ranger- I have to disagree with this tax eater's mirror fetish. I'm betting it's more like Buffalo Bill in Silence of the Lambs... Instead of Super Cop we have Super Tuck.

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    You'd be mistaken, you see, because your opinion is very important to me. Your opinion supports willful violation of a man's rights. Your opinion supports use of police powers to create a subject out of a citizen. Your opinion means my freedoms are at stake on some level because chances are there are others who share your opinion, others who hold positions of authority, others who have power and will use it to advance their agenda based on that opinion. Your opinion is the basis to enslave the American people: when our rights are no longer considered sacred and inviolable, there is nothing that will stop this train running full steam and brake-less towards tyranny. When the people whose job it is to PROTECT those rights are the perpetrators of the violations against them, I care very much.

:laugh:
    Nice, s t r e c h !

I never once, in any single post, said even one word to defend what the cops did, or say I supported their actions in any way.
    I only expressed, what I "thought" might have been able to stop it before it happened.
    Your reading comprehension has failed you.

But you do make some really good points, about something or someone, just not me.

kissmyasst.jpg

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Nice, s t r e c h !

I never once, in any single post, said even one word to defend what the cops did, or say I supported their actions in any way.
    I only expressed, what I "thought" might have been able to stop it before it happened.
    Your reading comprehension has failed you.

But you do make some really good points, about something or someone, just not me.

kissmyasst.jpg
    hey panama whos the hot babe kissing you?

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Sorry to ready about the difficulties Son of Lib ... I think a large part of the problem ... is the general attitude of POLICY from TOP DOWN on IMPD ... starting w/ the Mayor ... (no guns in parks for OUR safety? yeah.) I have family that is LEO in another county ... they laughed at the ridiculous nature of IMPD per the following story - they could not believe how absurd the whole thing was for me

Several month ago I was in a wreck (3rd car - no fault of mine) while carrying and having just left the range/stores in Marion Co. - Per my understanding of Indiana Law - I notified the officers upon official contact that I had the weapon - that I had the gun and since I had to go in an ambulance to a hospital (CPZ) they "SECURED" it ... the officer at the scene said I could stop by 24/7 - show my ID and retrieve said 'secured' items ... HA! NO!

3 no 4 trips to IMPD later I finally had the whole thing and my ammo box back. Oh and 'just for my protection' and security - when I got it - after I was printed and background checked again - it was secured with a 3/8" thick zip tie, in a box wrapped with banded package tape and carried from IMPD offices by a Co.Sheriff across the street. I was instructed not to load it (remember I just left the city bldg - with only my bionic super bunny teeth to access the weapon) until I got to my car. and yes I had to go BACK for the ammo box and the cylinder for the weapon (older revolver where cylinder come out) on another day ... but this they could just let me carry out. ... oh and Since I appreciate the efforts of officers I know - I generally try to see and appreciate the effort of all of them - I said thanks and offered my hand for a hand shake - but the uniformed sheriff said he couldn't shake because policy didn't allow it ... all of this is IMPD POLICY ... glad I live outside Marion County.

So while I DEFINITELY think you have a complaint - and your rights were violated (and I think mine were too) - it could have been A LOT WORSE ... Keep us posted as to how it turns out. Maybe YOU can have a positive change on IMPD policy ...

OH - and 23Mar03 ... I like the way you put it. I'd rep that ... but I am not sure how yet. (or If I have any to give.) (yes I read through as much of the thread as I could)

"Brother" Bill

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Yeah, me neither :n00b: - a person that has a job automatically makes them 100% good guy

Not just having a job, but to actually be in the middle of doing one nearby?
    Come on, this person should have been treated as any other possible witness rather than a suspect.

Unless... this turned out to be a seriously elaborate plan to tie up ten cops while the real crime occurred elsewhere... :eek:
    (in which case they fell for it hook, line and sinker.)

+ no one lies to the police or tries to look innocent after a crime.

So how did they clear him of suspicion?

Checked for outstanding warrants and verified that the gun he just truthfully confessed to carrying wasn't listed as stolen?
    That he had a license to carry it?

How are any of these directly related to the matter they were supposed to be investigating?

And I'm sure they still suspected that he darn well did know that this was a check cashing place. Liar! No apology for you! :rolleyes:

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    snip
    I said thanks and offered my hand for a hand shake - but the uniformed sheriff said he couldn't shake because policy didn't allow it ... all of this is IMPD POLICY ... glad I live outside Marion County.
    snip

What kind of policy is that?? Can any officers out there explain the reasoning?

Top Bottom