• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • historian

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    SD by residency, Hoosier by heart
    I thought letting the play stand was the right call. The whole point of review is that you defer to the field if there is any doubt.

I thought the Panthers made a lot of dumb mistakes (offside, false start, and the delay of game). Both sides made a lot of stupid mistakes (unnecessary roughness, personal fouls, etc.). The only good foul was the facemask that prevented the Panther touchdown and only lost a yard.

I think the Panthers lost because they played a traditional game. They only ran a handful of play options and all but one were straight up the middle. The one that wasn't up the middle went for 14 yards or so. Denver doesn't have an offense. I think I could throw better than Manning at this point in time, and the Panthers played a really good Defensive game (any other year they would have won with five sacks, two fumbles, and an interception). The Panthers need to rethink their O-line. Cam looked exhausted by the middle of the second quarter and I would have written the game off for them if it wasn't for their defense.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    There have been some truly poorly officiated games; I didn't think this was one of them. The calls were pretty consistent. Both teams have aggressive defenses, that excel at rushing the passer and shutting down receivers. The officials seemed to call both sides fairly with respect to line and DB holding.

Yeah, I didn't have a problem with it, overall. Both sides got calls.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    The Anthem should be sung by all. The person should not perform the anthem, but lead the singing of. I'm sick of people not singing along to it. YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO SING ALONG TO IT!!!! :ranton:

Then it should be a song that people can sing along with instead of a tune that likens to one created by a trolling 1st year music student.

I can't find a video of it, but in one of the playoff games this year - I think it was Packers @ Redskins - an Air Force officer sang the Anthem, and I thought her rendition was one of the best I've ever heard.

The fact that you have to dig into the archives to find an example of it being sung "correctly" makes my point.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    The fact that you have to dig into the archives to find an example of it being sung "correctly" makes my point.

Not really. Culture is changing (more people today like the National Anthem being "performed", and have no knowledge or appreciation for the history or etiquette of the National Anthem). I'm just resisting the culture change.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Until they got to the flashbacks I didn't know who the halftime entertainment was and had never heard their music before other than Bruno Mars from one of the last few super bowls. I asked the GF who the black chick was and when she told me it was Beyoncé my response was that I always thought she was supposed to be some kind of raving beauty. Of course to each their own I guess.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    It touched the ground but I thought the player had control of it when it did. These things have a tendency to even out over the course of a game. There was a call later (I can't recall now what it was) that went against the Broncos that got Carolina a first down that I thought was a bad call. The losers and the fans of the losers will point to missed calls and complain. I guess it's part of the greiving process.

It was definitely a catch and I agree about the calls tending to even out over the course of the game. Wasn't poorly officiated, just that one call was botched terribly.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    Yeah, I was actually impressed with the Anthem. In years of the performer doing whacky runs and changing the words, I thought her performance was well done. And, as a bonus, she was dressed rather tastefully, compared to some of her normal wardrobe choices.

I thought it was great. She sang her arse off, hit EVERY note, and only added a couple for good measure.:dunno:

Tell me, how do you feel about the Jimi Hendrix version? Just curious.

I was really surprised by how good it was. I watched it with my 20 year old son and he thought it was good as well. Neither of us are fans of hers. I mean it wasn't an A but a solid B+ easily IMO.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I thought Gaga did great. She is a classically trained singer and it showed. You want to hear her talent, listen to the duet she recorded with Tony Bennett....one of my favorites. They are very good friends as well.

Jsomerset

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 31, 2016
    Somerset
    All I know is I won 200 match sticks from my nephew because he failed after the game during interview. I pissed him off when I commented on his on field exploits of looky at me shimmy shake finger pointing bull. Then during his pregame interview when he said football has never seen anyone like me. Told my nephew its all fun and games till he looses just wait, hes just another punk is what I said I think. So the wager was he would be just as humble a looser as a showboat as when winning. Anyway thanks Cam!

ziggy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Fort Wayne area
    I expect the Panthers, and especially Cam, spent too much time drinking beer and reading about how all of the money was on them and everybody knew they were going to win. People who spend too much time reading that stuff tend not to prepare as well as they should.

Last edited:

Snipercop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    SS Indianapolis
    Just my opinions, but I'm glad Cam got beat... He needed to be humbled by all that stupid show-boating he likes to do. Couldn't have been better as he needed to be taken down a notch. They have a good team but have not faced a defense like Denver all year. Take him down a notch and maybe he'll show a little more respect for his opponents.... As far as Lady Gaga goes, when I saw she was singing the national anthem, I cringed... I was very concerned... I was extremely pleased with her presentation. I thought it was very professional and proved she has an amazing voice. I personally have never listened to anything she sings and couldn't tell you a single song. I still won't listen to her type of music, but I was impressed to say the least.

Dockem

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    W Indyanner
    I am disappointed that in the post game, Peyton Manning did not announce that he was going to Disneyland. Only the 2nd time in 37 years that a player did not make that announcement/commercial after the game.

:dunno:

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Yeah, I was actually impressed with the Anthem. In years of the performer doing whacky runs and changing the words, I thought her performance was well done. And, as a bonus, she was dressed rather tastefully, compared to some of her normal wardrobe choices.
    I was impressed too. She sang the Anthem properly and with respect. She dialed back her ego and over the top persona to perform the Anthem.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I am disappointed that in the post game, Peyton Manning did not announce that he was going to Disneyland. Only the 2nd time in 37 years that a player did not make that announcement/commercial after the game.

:dunno:

You're actually disappointed? I'm glad he's not selling people on that miserable place.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    It touched the ground but I thought the player had control of it when it did. These things have a tendency to even out over the course of a game. There was a call later (I can't recall now what it was) that went against the Broncos that got Carolina a first down that I thought was a bad call. The losers and the fans of the losers will point to missed calls and complain. I guess it's part of the greiving process.

You could see the ball still moving when it touched the ground and moved even more before he got a good grip on it. Close but the right call IMHO.

Top Bottom