• ...and so much more!
  • patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I thought the game itself was a fantastic battle of two excellent defenses.

It is ironic, IMHO, that in winning a second SB ring as the starting QB for a team that won via defense, Manning completely eviscerated the idiotic arguments that he wasn't "elite" because he only had one SB ring. Is Manning more "elite" now, because of last night's game? Of course not. He was the G.O.A.T. before last night's game, and he remains the G.O.A.T. regardless of the outcome of last night's game.

As for the commentators: I'm pretty sure Mike Carey thinks Carolina won the game.

And that was one of the worst renditions of the National Anthem I've ever heard.

Thought the lady did a fine job of respecting the song. Her vocal chops are up there with some of the best. Quitcherbichin.:rolleyes:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Just my opinions, but I'm glad Cam got beat... He needed to be humbled by all that stupid show-boating he likes to do. Couldn't have been better as he needed to be taken down a notch. They have a good team but have not faced a defense like Denver all year. Take him down a notch and maybe he'll show a little more respect for his opponents.... As far as Lady Gaga goes, when I saw she was singing the national anthem, I cringed... I was very concerned... I was extremely pleased with her presentation. I thought it was very professional and proved she has an amazing voice. I personally have never listened to anything she sings and couldn't tell you a single song. I still won't listen to her type of music, but I was impressed to say the least.

+1, despite being signed originally by UF, and then going to Auburn (2 teams that have a special place in my heart). I've never liked Cam Newton. He a guy that hasn't figured out what class is. He can whoop it up on the field, and celebrate when he's winning (which I have no problem with), but he acts like a spoiled child when he's not winning. He's a punk.

But I'm glad they didn't give Manning SB MVP. I was really wondering if they might do it simply because it's him, despite how he played.

Kut (remembers Dominic Rhodes getting screwed out of the MVP when the Colts won the SB)

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    He can whoop it up on the field, and celebrate when he's winning (which I have no problem with), but he acts like a spoiled child when he's not winning. He's a punk.

I listen to Bomani Jones on ESPN radio a lot. Maybe you should give it a listen cause you are clearly a racist who doesn't understand black culture.:laugh:

Crbn79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 4, 2014
    Indianapolis, North
    My main problem was that she sang it at about half-tempo. It was drawn-out, performance art. Otherwise, she was dressed well, hit all the notes, and didn't add grace notes, trills, runs, etc.

It showcased the obvious musical talents of Hendrix. Very impressive talents, but showcasing talents is not the purpose of the National Anthem.

Are you aware that the singer is signaled to speed-up or slow down tempo to make the end of the Anthem meet up with the Fly-over?

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Are you aware that the singer is signaled to speed-up or slow down tempo to make the end of the Anthem meet up with the Fly-over?

I thought she was too fast and that's what the extra, "the brave", was for.

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    Respect/honoring of flag >>>>>>>>> timing of flyover

I thought Gaga did a great job of not only singing the Anthem but of respecting the song and the flag. Performance looked like she was proud to be there and proud of what she was doing.
    She spent part of the time with her hand covering her heart and I saw very few of the players and people on the side line with their hands over their hearts.:dunno:

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    12651071_1130764503630737_9041980401176241120_n.jpg

HamYankee

Expert
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Jan 24, 2014
    Hendricks County
    I thought it was an outstanding game, considering it was low scoring. I was happy with the outcome.
    I didn't catch all that Black Panther crap during the show, but I find it despicable the NFL would condone it, which they clearly did. They aren't stupid.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana

I think that looked a lot worse in super slow motion than it really was. As a former player (college level) when there is a scrum for a loose ball like that, and bodies all over the place, diving straight down is actually a really tough move to do, especially when the ball is still moving unpredictably. What I saw was him clearing his legs from the guy diving for the ball and preparing to dive for it himself. The slight jump backwards to clear his legs made it look like he was pulling back from the play (which maybe he was).

Now I say this, he may have already given up at that point and didn't want to risk injury, and if so, then that is a different issue. I think if that ball had squirted forward after 94 was on it, that it would have been right where Cam would have landed. Just my $.02

Top Bottom