• ...and so much more!
  • Mr.Guido

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2010
    Central Indiana
    can anyone tell me , how many vendors ?
    rough idea , was it like the old shows at the armory used to be or was it far less ?
    I'd prefer to go to this show than the 1500 .

Gungho_1989

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    SE IDPLS
    Thanksgiving weekend.
    Friday from 12-6?
    Saturday 8-5
    Sunday 9-3.

:banana: hehehe and I will be there at the show. Unfortunately The wife will be up at the inlaws that weekend.... without me, :woot:

I mean umm :crying: I'll miss all the stimulating conversation and Family time but alas sacrifices must be made from time to time,

I agree it was great meeting up and chatting with everyone!

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    :banana: hehehe and I will be there at the show. Unfortunately The wife will be up at the inlaws that weekend.... without me, :woot:

I mean umm :crying: I'll miss all the stimulating conversation and Family time but alas sacrifices must be made from time to time,

I agree it was great meeting up and chatting with everyone!

If you had listened to me, you would have heard me say we NEVER go up north on Thanksgiving. I know that one time a year is torture for you and it feels like you have to go a million times a year, but please focus. WE DO NOT GO THERE FOR THANKSGIVING!!!

Gungho_1989

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    SE IDPLS
    can anyone tell me , how many vendors ?
    rough idea , was it like the old shows at the armory used to be or was it far less ?
    I'd prefer to go to this show than the 1500 .

There was us, the knifelady and Bradsknives, not sure what the rest were doing around there, just hanging out I guess. :D

Honestly though I could only venture a guess butt the deck was full from end to end not a free table to be seen.
    I think it may shape up to be a pretty decent show from both sides of the table as time goes by.

Gungho_1989

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    SE IDPLS
    If you had listened to me, you would have heard me say we NEVER go up north on Thanksgiving. I know that one time a year is torture for you and it feels like you have to go a million times a year, but please focus. WE DO NOT GO THERE FOR THANKSGIVING!!!

I will have to book the whole month then. :ugh:

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    It was a great show. There were a lot of tables and a lot of people. Pretty much anything you could want was there. Of course it was no 1500, but I think it was the second best show I have been to this year.

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    All I can say is it was a good show and I had a great time. I got to meet several members of :ingo: which was a great pleasure. I will be at this show again in November on the Thanksgiving weekend. This time the show is a 3 day show just like the 1500. Please make note of that and always tell a freind. We need to keep these shows going. We have to do our part to support our promoters and our vendors so our shows will continue. So if you want to know how a show is all I can say is you need to be there first hand. Be supportive :twocents:

Houdinih

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    In a Van Down By The River
    I went to check it out on Sunday, it was worth the $5 to walk around. I did notice an improvement compared to the show in Feb. The room was filled from end to end with vendors. The vendors were friendly and had fair prices. Maybe because of it being Sunday but every vendor that had a product I had an interested in was willing to adjust price and make a deal to sell their product. One vendor was telling me that the promoter was going to open up the other hall for the next show because he could have filled it up with vendors. I was disappointed in the amount of people there to buy, the place wasn't empty but there was less than 50 people there around 1pm. We need to support the show so the vendors will return. I will try to attend the next show as long as it doesn't interfere with deer season. I don't know how they pick dates for the shows, but Valentine's Day and Mother's Day are not good dates to draw a crowd, unless you have a very understanding female companion. Most of the time it just extends the Honey DO! list. Definetly worth it!:D:rockwoot:

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    I was a vendor at the show, so I might be a bit biased. I thought the selection and quality of merchandise was as good as any small show I have done in the last year. There was very little "flea market" items and the few vendors that had them won't be back because the promotor will won't allow it. I'm really excited about this show getting re-established...it has the potential of becoming a excellent show like it use to be 15 to 20 years ago.

I'll be there again Thanksgiving weekend as this show will be a 2 1/2 day show with the extra 1/2 day being Friday afternoon. :yesway:

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    Yes it was a low turn out. But when it gets more established I think attendance will go up. No matter we must continue to be supportive to ensure future shows.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    203   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Ron happy belated b-day, sorry I missed it this weekend. It was always a good show in the past, in fact it is the show I "cut my teeth on" growing up. As a 17yr. old kid walking around, of course then I didn't have any money, but I still enjoyed it. That was the day when you could find HK 91's and 93's for 500.00 to 600.00, and an SP1 AR was around 400.00 at the time. Those days are long gone. Anyway I do hope it gets re-established as it is only 20min.'s from my house.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Ron happy belated b-day, sorry I missed it this weekend. It was always a good show in the past, in fact it is the show I "cut my teeth on" growing up. As a 17yr. old kid walking around, of course then I didn't have any money, but I still enjoyed it. That was the day when you could find HK 91's and 93's for 500.00 to 600.00, and an SP1 AR was around 400.00 at the time. Those days are long gone. Anyway I do hope it gets re-established as it is only 20min.'s from my house.

I hope it takes off as well. We need to talk it up and spread the word. I didn't know the show was happening until I came across this thread. But then I do live in a cave....

citizenkane

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    I remember it as the first show I ever went to also. I remember my Grandfather taking me when I was just a little kid, maybe around six or seven. It used to be in two rooms and spill out into the hallway.
    Good times....

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    203   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I remember it that way too, and it drew a good crowd, and of course there was no such thing as an "Assult weapons Ban". They were everywhere, and not much interest in them either, not until they were banned, did everybody have to have one.

Top Bottom