• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1861navy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2013
    My avatar is a wigwam, I built one several years ago that looked similar to it. I spend a lot of time in the woods, really into eastern woodland Native American culture as well. I also dream of living in one someday on several hundred acres of woods, so I thought it would be a good avatar/descriptive pic of who I am as a person.

bonkers1919

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    Columbus
    A veteran holding a United States Of America flag. He know's what the flag represents. He, along with many others, lived and died for what it represents.

Tester

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    In 2007 I had the awesome opportunity to take a 60 day tour of Western US and Canada on my Honda Goldwing. I spent about half of that time in Alaska. I had just left Alaska and had crossed the border between Chicken, Alaska and Dawson in the Yukon Territory when this juvenile grizzly hopped up on the gravel road from the ditch. It was a tense moment until I realized he was not concerned with me. Took a slight risk to get this pic as the camera was in the trunk and I had to dismount to get the camera. Took this standing behind the bike and leaning on the rear seat.
    That's a great story! Was your tour guided and were you carrying a high powered just in case?

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Used to raise Kingsnakes, and that's the only picture I have of one of my favorite ones crawling up my arm. The kids gave him a name when we first got him, but pretty soon, he became known as "Bitey", for obvious reasons. When he was little, it was an adventure to handle him, and even if you walked past his tank, you'd hear the "bonk.....bonk.....bonk" as he struck at you behind the glass. But, when he got big, he turned out to be a very nice and gentle snake, but he kept the name.

When the kids got older, we all kind of lost interest in breeding snakes. I don't miss the snakes so much, but pictures of them reminds me of a fun period when my kids were younger and I think of all the quality time we spent and all the laughs we had.

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I loved Bloom County/Outland. Plus, who doesn't love Bill the Cat?

How could ya read Bloom County and NOT love BtC???

For the record, my original one greatly resembles how I feel...and maybe how I look... when there's way too much blood in my caffeine system:

profilepic15804_2.gif_zps988qsn4v.jpg

Attachments

• profilepic15804_2.gif.jpg
      profilepic15804_2.gif.jpg
      7.1 KB · Views: 2

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    A photographer friend of mine was taking some pics of me for the guy who makes the rifle tripod I use. He used them in brochures and on his website.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Mine represents a philosophy of mine: Work smarter, not harder. When you are in over your head, hire a professional!

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    I am an inactive member of another forum, I still pop in every once in awhile. A few of us joined ANOTHER forum and some of us were subsequently banned with no explanation. So those of us who were banned started coming back as shill accounts and we would find funny animal avatars so we knew who was who. There was a penguin in a sailor outfit. Mine. Someone had a dog as a ballerina. Many of them were eventually unbanned and I decided to stay away, but still liked my avatar, so I brought it back.

Top Bottom