• ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    well, since everyone else is having fun at the girls' expense...
    Anytime. :D

Ewww, just ewwww.

By INGO standards, he's just been *****-slapped, maybe twice. Nothing remotely close to abuse.

IANALEO, but I do think some LEO have an SOP of questions for any/every stop. People talk too darn much and these questions are the means by which real criminals usually incriminate themselves. It just sucks that (a) the law-abiding don't know how to keep their mouths shut and (b) such questioning renders all stoppees guilty until proven innocent.

And I'd be detained for stock piling!

I would like an honest answer to this one too. I've never been stopped when I've had a firearm on my person, but I've never had a bit of problem with WWAG calls either. Not a single one.

and just how does "eo" feel about this???? (don't forget to use the space bar on your big all caps announcements!)

please don't take it personally, it's just the child in me that giggles everytime i see that acrostic. i also discovered in jr. high school that all you need is an extra "r" to turn analogies into something you write in to penthouse forum about. "i always thought these stories were made up, but then one night...."

Last edited:

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Ok before I put in my :twocents: please know that I don't mean this in any way to be offensive to you or any other person.

That being said, personally I think it's simply because you're a woman that you're treated differently by LEO's. Now I can't speak for all LEO's, but I know there are some that hold sexist attitudes towards women, and some that have problems with women carrying a gun and badge. The LEO's that you encountered probably didn't and don't consider you as much of a threat as they'd consider a man.

Does that help answer your question at all?

of all the posts in this thread that I do not agree with, this one in at the top. your conclusion is arbitrary and without basis. I think mrsgungho would back me up on this. she knows I would give her the same attention I would give a man in a similar situation, and I don't think I'm in the minority on that.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    of all the posts in this thread that I do not agree with, this one in at the top. your conclusion is arbitrary and without basis. I think mrsgungho would back me up on this. she knows I would give her the same attention I would give a man in a similar situation, and I don't think I'm in the minority on that.

I will freely admit I will show you less attention, than what I would demonstrate towards a Woman... ;)

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Hey, PKendall...how old are you, anyhow?

cougar2.jpg

PKendall317

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Mooresville, IN
    I didn't know I could've gotten it at 18, I thought I had to be 21.

I take that back. I did know I could've gotten it then as one of my friends at the time already had one and he was around my age. I just didn't see the point in having the LTCH and not being able to purchase one for myself so I didn't bother with it at the time.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    -2 I am sure that you think you are doing the "right" thing, but unfortunately the law is not on your side for this. Terry v. Ohio case law states that an Officer must have probable cause or reasonable suspicion to search someone. This reasonable suspicion must be based on "specific and articulable facts" and not merely upon an officer's hunch. Indiana Code states that it is illegal to carry a firearm unless you have a LTCH. So an Officer has to have reasonalbe suspicion to believe you have a gun on you, then he must ask to see said LTCH. And remember, Indiana is not a must inform state, so really the OP didn't have to tell the Officer about the handgun. If the LTCH is presented, all questioning must stop to the firearm, because it is no longer a crime for the person to have the firearm. If the Officer does confiscate the firearm for any reason, by Indiana Code, the Officer cannot return the firearm to the individual. The Officer must present a hand receipt confirming confiscation, and within 3 weeks must testify before a Judge the reasons for the confiscation, and if the owner can have is property returned. I understand your feelings for the "slightest threat," but if that is such a problem for you, I would suggest you consider not getting out of bed. Ever. Because the "slightest threat" presented by a LTCH is ALOT less threatening than just taking your life in your own hands by driving I465 around Indianapolis. Because if you do your research, you would be hard pressed to find a LTCH holder that ever physically assaulted an Officer.:twocents:

An apples or oranges comparison of Terry to the IC.

Terry is applicable to a temporary situations only, pending further investigation. The meaning of the Terry ruling is to protect persons from unreasonable searches and seizures aimed at gathering evidence.

Terry applies to reasonable suspicion, not probable cause, that the person has committed, is committing, or is about to commit a crime and has a reasonable belief that the person "may be armed and presently dangerous."

While there are few instances in which a LTCH holder has committed a crime upon a LEO, there have been a number of legitimate instances in which a LTCH has been revoked for the legitimate cause of a serious crime. However, I'm also aware of the number of LEOs that have been arrested and convicted for serious crimes, and believe if a LTCH is to be routinely or semi routinely disarmed under Terry, there is enough evidence for LEOs to be treated similarly.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I take that back. I did know I could've gotten it then as one of my friends at the time already had one and he was around my age. I just didn't see the point in having the LTCH and not being able to purchase one for myself so I didn't bother with it at the time.

You could have bought one yourself, just not from an FFL dealer. Could have mom, dad, aunt, or uncle purchase one from an FFL and give it to you.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo

You could have, just not from an FFL.

PKendall317

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Mooresville, IN
    You could have bought one yourself, just not from an FFL dealer. Could have mom, dad, aunt, or uncle purchase one from an FFL and give it to you.

Again I was aware of that, but there was no way in hell my parents or any of my family members would've purchased a gun for me. My parent's are't liberal (am still trying to figure out if my Dad's a conservative democrat or a conservative republican) they aren't really big on guns. I just recently got out the two old. 22's that my Dad bought years ago back when Sears sold them.

Top Bottom