• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    In this scenario would you have felt better if rather than shove his hand in his back pocket and take his wallet and both his weapons away, he say, asked for permission before doing so? Or had asked (politely) to see his LTCH and used less forceful means in securing the firearms?

Btw, did you take policing with Captain Allender?

How about telling him his headlight was out and call it a day. His firearms had nothing at all to do with the stop.

PKendall317

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Mooresville, IN
    yes i had policing with Captain Allender, and no i would feel better if the police officers would have not done anything to them and let the guy stay in his car, if anything the officer should have asked for his LTCH and from then on via Richardson V. State all questions regarding the guns should have stopped, there was absolutely no reason for the officer to put himself and the guy into harms way by stepping out of the vehicle, everyone would have been much safer if they had stayed where they were.

Ok, I understand your reasoning. I THINK i'm starting to remember you now I just can't put a face to a name. I'm sure we've had other CJ classes together though.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    of all the posts in this thread that I do not agree with, this one in at the top. your conclusion is arbitrary and without basis. I think mrsgungho would back me up on this. she knows I would give her the same attention I would give a man in a similar situation, and I don't think I'm in the minority on that.
    I would expect to be treated the same because I'm a person that is unknown.
    Older than *me*, you goofball.
    You're still a whippersnapper.
    When you look like this, call me.
    Oh yeah :naughty:
    I do look like that... ;)

BS

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    In this scenario would you have felt better if rather than shove his hand in his back pocket and take his wallet and both his weapons away, he say, asked for permission before doing so? Or had asked (politely) to see his LTCH and used less forceful means in securing the firearms?
    No. No. No. No. NO. NO. NO. NO.

Clear?

Once the OP decided to admit to having weapons on him, all that should have been required is to see his LTCH and that should have ended the questioning about the gun. There is no reason to take his property. What about that is confusing. It is illegal. Don't do it.

The gun was much safer in its natural environment (holster). It amazes me how many people use the "officer safety" excuse. I would be much more worried about the guy that didn't tell me he had guns, than the guy that did that had absolutely no obligation to do so.

PKendall317

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Mooresville, IN
    Anyone think it's strange this officer had back up on a simple stop for a headlight out.

Maybe. I've heard of officers driving by when another officer makes a stop and pulling over to offer their assistance if. The question on my mind is did the original officer request backup or did they both just happen to be in the same place at the same time?

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Maybe. I've heard of officers driving by when another officer makes a stop and pulling over to offer their assistance if. The question on my mind is did the original officer request backup or did they both just happen to be in the same place at the same time?
    It's BG... Not exactly a thriving metropolis for officers to be spread among.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    ATM hit it on the head. Neither the gun nor the ltch should have ever been an issue. Just the blowing of kisses as the OP drove away.

Top Bottom