• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mtgasten

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Aug 23, 2011
    Greenfield
    Purple? Not at all. A lot of people who frequent gun forums need to grow up and accept the awesome responsibility that comes with our right to carry.

The cops in this scenario, given the description provided by the OP, did nothing wrong.

so seizing someones property ILLEGALY,which is a violation of our fourth amendment rights, is doing nothing wrong? unless ive missed something along the way...how is that NOT doing something wrong?

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Purple? Not at all. A lot of people who frequent gun forums need to grow up and accept the awesome responsibility that comes with our right to carry.

The cops in this scenario, given the description provided by the OP, did nothing wrong.
    What was the RAS or the PC for taking the Weapons?!

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I do look like that... ;)
    selleck-bald-eisenhower.jpg

Jake46184

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Indianapoils
    A lot of young people on a gun forum on a Friday night....

The Founding Fathers could have done us all a favor by adding common-sense limits to the right to keep and bear arms. We have so many kids today carrying guns who have no clue whatsoever as to what their rights truly are and what responsibilities they have while exercising the right.

Educate yourselves regarding your rights, your responsibilities, and what is codified regarding your interaction with law enforcement. To the educated, those of you who come here and whine about your "rights" are truly annoying. Even more, you are a part of the problem that threatens the rights of all of us. If you're going to carry a gun, learn the rules that come with it. Again, AS EXPLAINED BY THE OP, nothing improper happened in this traffic stop. EDUCATE YOURSELVES.

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    What I think started this. Sheeple see guy walk out of sore and unlock his big bad "assault" weapon and calls in suspicious activity. Officers look for reason (headlight out) to pull over suspect vehicle. Conclusion: Check your lights often to make sure they work.
    On another topic brought up. Youtube Joe Walsh "I.L.B.T.s" and Ivan Biggar and the D Cups "Bras on 45"

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Wow. As explained by the OP he was disarmed for no reason whatsoever. So, you are saying anyone that you pull over is getting disarmed and removed from their vehicle for no reason besides ¨Officer Safety¨ ?

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green

The Founding Fathers could have done us all a favor by adding common-sense limits to the right to keep and bear arms. We have so many kids today carrying guns who have no clue whatsoever as to what their rights truly are and what responsibilities they have while exercising the right.

Educate yourselves regarding your rights, your responsibilities, and what is codified regarding your interaction with law enforcement. To the educated, those of you who come here and whine about your "rights" are truly annoying. Even more, you are a part of the problem that threatens the rights of all of us. If you're going to carry a gun, learn the rules that come with it. Again, AS EXPLAINED BY THE OP, nothing improper happened in this traffic stop. EDUCATE YOURSELVES.

I am speechless...

Just WOW...

mtgasten

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Aug 23, 2011
    Greenfield

ok so enlighten us, stop giving cryptic code and banter and tell us exactly how it is alright, because as i read it (and trust me i am educated) the 4th amendment clearly states that we have a right to be secure in our persons places and effects, from unreasonable searches and seizures, and no warrant shall be issued without probable cause supported by oath or affirmation, and describing the place to be searched or the person or things to be seized.

so once again please tell me how this isn't in violation of that? I'm truly interested.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin

Sounds like you should take a bit of your own advice. I suggest starting HERE.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    OK men (and wimmins), time to forget this loooooong week. Drink what you have and smoke 'em if you got 'em (and if you are not in a public place in Indianapolis.)

My medicine of choice tonight is Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy. On this hot/humid evening, it is really hitting the spot.

What's your brew of choice tonight?

I'm hoping this is his excuse for trolling.

aikidoka

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    Hammond
    -2 I am sure that you think you are doing the "right" thing, but unfortunately the law is not on your side for this. Terry v. Ohio case law states that an Officer must have probable cause or reasonable suspicion to search someone. This reasonable suspicion must be based on "specific and articulable facts" and not merely upon an officer's hunch. Indiana Code states that it is illegal to carry a firearm unless you have a LTCH. So an Officer has to have reasonalbe suspicion to believe you have a gun on you, then he must ask to see said LTCH. And remember, Indiana is not a must inform state, so really the OP didn't have to tell the Officer about the handgun. If the LTCH is presented, all questioning must stop to the firearm, because it is no longer a crime for the person to have the firearm. If the Officer does confiscate the firearm for any reason, by Indiana Code, the Officer cannot return the firearm to the individual. The Officer must present a hand receipt confirming confiscation, and within 3 weeks must testify before a Judge the reasons for the confiscation, and if the owner can have is property returned. I understand your feelings for the "slightest threat," but if that is such a problem for you, I would suggest you consider not getting out of bed. Ever. Because the "slightest threat" presented by a LTCH is ALOT less threatening than just taking your life in your own hands by driving I465 around Indianapolis. Because if you do your research, you would be hard pressed to find a LTCH holder that ever physically assaulted an Officer.:twocents:

So when officer friendly took my firearm, then after giving up on his claim that I couldnt OC with the license berated me about choosing to OC, he was supposed to keep my firearm? He threatened to do so when I wanted to reload in their presence since IMO a scene had been created by them but he was by law supposed to keep it?

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    So when officer friendly took my firearm, then after giving up on his claim that I couldnt OC with the license berated me about choosing to OC, he was supposed to keep my firearm? He threatened to do so when I wanted to reload in their presence since IMO a scene had been created by them but he was by law supposed to keep it?

Yes. REad the Seizing property without a warrant statute.

Top Bottom