• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Indy East Side
    I've been a Mac fan since my father brought home the portable black and white screened unit. I use them to this day for work and personal. This is a sad day for his family, Apple and all else who enjoy the wonderful communication technologies we use today. Rest In Peace, Steve.

G_Stines

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 2, 2010
    Central Indiana
    Though I was never a fan of Apple, I'm STILL very sorry to see Steve Jobs die at such a young age after suffering like he no doubt did.
    My condolences to those who knew him personally.

Those are my sentiments. Although I always found Mac computers to be an over priced commodity, I just never bought the product, I never bashed it. The iPod and iPhone have made them quite a bit, and those I do enjoy. I send my condolences to his family and friends.

And they also disappointed with no iPhone5 release

I dislike apple's pricing structures and how proprietary everything is. Can't help but respect Jobs from an entrepreneurial standpoint though

I am unsure as to what you mean by iPhone 5, but the they never put out a new model without improving the previous first. 3G led to 3GS, 4 led to the 4S that will be released on Oct 14. It has upgraded processors and a personal voice activated assistant inside. Found here:https://www.apple.com/iphone/

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Went to play a video that showed all of the things that Steve Jobs has accomplished, but it wouldn't play on my iPod cuz it was Flash. Now I know nothing of what he has done, but I do know one thing he hasn't... irony...

RIP

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    Wow, this is such a sad day. I've been an Apple fan since my IIe with a whopping 64K of memory back in 1980. I grew up watching Steve and Steve (and that other guy who quit right before they went big time). I worked at Apple and even got to meet Steve once. The guy was simply a god among mortals on this world. He did things and made things happen that we can only dream about. Think of how far computing has come in the past 20 years and then realize that Steve personally drove most of it. Without Steve, we would still be using green screen monitors and only a keyboard.

"And there may be no greater tribute to Steve’s success than the fact that much of the world learned of his passing on a device he invented. " — President Obama

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    "And there may be no greater tribute to Steve’s success than the fact that much of the world learned of his passing on a device he invented. " — President Obama

I said the exact same thing the second I found out.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Never really been an Apple fan, and hated the Macintosh from its release, but I respect the guy. Him dying just rips the heart out of everything I've ever been. RIP, man.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    A few people seem to be a bit overly dramatic. Sure, feel for his friends and family but Apple FanBois rejoice...Apple will move on and be fine. A god among mortals? Really? He worked with people to come up with a product and found the market segment that responded well and ran with it...that made him a smart business man but a god? Really...?

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    A few people seem to be a bit overly dramatic. Sure, feel for his friends and family but Apple FanBois rejoice...Apple will move on and be fine. A god among mortals? Really? He worked with people to come up with a product and found the market segment that responded well and ran with it...that made him a smart business man but a god? Really...?

I guess you need to be an entrepreneur to get this part. We're not like regular people, we strive to see a need and fill it. The truly gifted entrepreneurs know what you want BEFORE you want it. Steve was fantastic at this. Look at the iPhone and how it changed smartphones. No more crappy screens, no more stylus and menus. A smartphone that regular people could use. Look at the iPad and how it has changed education. I know of 5-6 schools alone that are throwing out their textbooks and going all iPads.

Yes, I stand by my words. Sure I may be a bit dramatic but he was a personal hero of mine. He built a computer out of circuit boards and WOODEN keys in his garage to start Apple with. His creations made the world a different place. And not many people on this planet can say that.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I just found out that Google added a link to Apple.com on the Google home page with Jobs dates.
    I never seen that done for anyone else.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I guess you need to be an entrepreneur to get this part. We're not like regular people, we strive to see a need and fill it. The truly gifted entrepreneurs know what you want BEFORE you want it. Steve was fantastic at this. Look at the iPhone and how it changed smartphones. No more crappy screens, no more stylus and menus. A smartphone that regular people could use. Look at the iPad and how it has changed education. I know of 5-6 schools alone that are throwing out their textbooks and going all iPads.

Yes, I stand by my words. Sure I may be a bit dramatic but he was a personal hero of mine. He built a computer out of circuit boards and WOODEN keys in his garage to start Apple with. His creations made the world a different place. And not many people on this planet can say that.

I dont it's really too early to say anything about the iPad and education, this thing is brand new.Plus it will not take over books, I hope so anyway.

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    I dont it's really too early to say anything about the iPad and education, this thing is brand new.Plus it will not take over books, I hope so anyway.

Even if the iPad itself doesn't take over education totally, look at how it's driven the evolution of the classroom. No more boring textbooks, now you get interactive learning. No more heavy backpacks, you can fit everything on your iPad.

In 5 years the American classroom will be a completely different place to learn. Right now I can walk into any of my kids' classrooms and they look almost identical to what I grew up with and I'm in my mid 30's. No changes at all. I see a BIG change coming and the only company that could successfully push that change forward is Apple.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Even if the iPad itself doesn't take over education totally, look at how it's driven the evolution of the classroom. No more boring textbooks, now you get interactive learning. No more heavy backpacks, you can fit everything on your iPad.

In 5 years the American classroom will be a completely different place to learn. Right now I can walk into any of my kids' classrooms and they look almost identical to what I grew up with and I'm in my mid 30's. No changes at all. I see a BIG change coming and the only company that could successfully push that change forward is Apple.

I never found textbooks to be boring.Generations of students got well educated with them, I dont think that high tech devises will change many things and be a huge revolution.That's not a magic device that will turn lasy kids into geniuses.
    If you dont want to lean you wont learn, book or iPad wont change that.
    The most important thing in a class room has always been the teacher, im more for paying the teachers more instead of wasting money to by iPads for every kid in the classroom.

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    I never found textbooks to be boring.Generations of students got well educated with them, I dont think that high tech devises will change many things and be a huge revolution.That's not a magic device that will turn lasy kids into geniuses.
    If you dont want to lean you wont learn, book or iPad wont change that.
    The most important thing in a class room has always been the teacher, im more for paying the teachers more instead of wasting money to by iPads for every kid in the classroom.

Ok. Having seen students being engaged and being married to a special Ed teacher I see things differently. Students that could never focus on a textbook nor could they even sit still long enough to absorb material are now able to engage their brains with interactive material that stimulates their brains in ways that were impossible before these devices.

If technological progression is bad why are we all not shooting muskets? After all they worked fine for a long time. Why do we need anything more than that?

Top Bottom