• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Are new 3rd generation Glock 17 pistols no longer available? Why didn't they just stick with those?

That's my question too...

On a side note: Having seen several FNX and FNS guns go down at our lowly civvie range, I think they are an ergonomic, well made design, but not a well thought design. The FNS had more parts than a "combat" or defense gun should have. And yes, the guns were in the hands of competent individuals who regularly visited and I know their abilities.

Not a Glock fanboy (though I have a few), but I would trust a simple design like a Glock third gen over something complicated with extra parts that even seemed just thrown in like the FNS.

Yes, they have their followers (the FNs) but I am not a fan seeing their performance first hand. And yes, I understand that my sample size is only a few guns, rather than the sample size of 1 to a few of others. :D

Pinchaser

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    I know a lieutenant at District 13 up North. I emailed him yesterday about the ISP going to the FNX. Just got his reply: "Vet your source and don't believe everything you read on the Internet."

Does anyone actually KNOW that the ISP is going to the FNX or are you just reading the gossip on the Internet and spreading it here?

sharpetop

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    I've read somewhere that the Columbia, S.C. PD switched to FN in I believe 9mm. [I guess they are trying to support a local company.] It would be interesting to see how they like them and how they have performed.

TheReaper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2012
    Southeastern IN
    I know a lieutenant at District 13 up North. I emailed him yesterday about the ISP going to the FNX. Just got his reply: "Vet your source and don't believe everything you read on the Internet."

Does anyone actually KNOW that the ISP is going to the FNX or are you just reading the gossip on the Internet and spreading it here?

It's a fact.

Spazzmodicus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Jeffersonville, IN
    Amen Bro. Well said.

Interesting...and a slight derail here. I noticed a wall full of trade in FN 40 cals at Blythe's in Griffith the other day. Thought to myself, "Self, what dept. would issue FNX pistols in .40?"

Well, I hope the gun serves you guys and the rest of the ISP well! We can argue about makes and calibers all day long, and that makes for a fun banter on the forums, but in the end, we can all agree that the 2nd Amendment shall not be infringed and that we want those putting their asses on the line to get home to their families safely!

Spazzmodicus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Jeffersonville, IN
    Perhaps it's because Gaston has been busy with a divorce and the rigers of marrage to a hammer that is like 50 years younger than him and it has trickled down to and effected the buisness!:rolleyes:

Wow! I was unaware that Glock aired it's own soap opera. You guys are are probably in much deeper than you realize. That's not a good thing btw.:laugh:

CQB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 4, 2012
    Central North Forty
    Not sure about the mag release issue, but the ISP FNX 45's will be a decocker only, no manual

The FNX lever is both a safety and a decocker. I have no opinion as far as what's better or what ISP carries but I can see why they would consider the FNX 45. Can carry "cocked and locked" with an SA first shot -or- unlike a 1911, decock and its a DA first shot. Also carries 15+1 in .45 auto. Has a rail and changeable backstraps. It has a lot of favorable attributes as a service sidearm. Which is what it was designed to be. As for quality or reliability, I don't know. It is definitely a big gun.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KfYaP2QJFms

Last edited:

TheReaper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2012
    Southeastern IN

scootn103

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 6, 2013
    Surprised glock would not remedy the situation at hand since the majority of there sales are to law enforcement and military , I have heard Hk is in the running but can not verify the validity of that statement . They need something reliable period as to who ever pays for it .

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Wow! I was unaware that Glock aired it's own soap opera. You guys are are probably in much deeper than you realize. That's not a good thing btw.:laugh:

Between work drama/entertainment and internet (here) drama/intertainment I am cancelling my cable. These two are much better

Top Bottom