• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    C'pn Morgan: ... still a NO GO inside; parking lot SHOULD be OK - But Not 100+% sure ... only about 98.5 ... based on my IANAL reading. Asked Rep Lucas, but not gotten a response. He's busy getting it done.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Senate Repbulicans Tweeted that SB169 and SB 229 are in Rules committee - this mean VOTE this after noon. I would imagine they are or will be in House Rules committee at/near same time and This will get done. ....

Stay at it. folks.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    Senate Repbulicans Tweeted that SB169 and SB 229 are in Rules committee - this mean VOTE this after noon. I would imagine they are or will be in House Rules committee at/near same time and This will get done. ....

Stay at it. folks.
    That is good to hear. Why didn't they announce they were hearing those bills? I didn't hear any mention of it as they were going to recess.

poppy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2012
    South of Indy
    Just received a phone call from Matt Doerr, senate aide to sen waterman. He says the bill will pass but still tweaking the roaming verbage. Also said that possession in locked vehicle as it stands in proposed bill will remain in current bill.

rbMPSH12

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2012
    Lawson was removed from the conference committee because she would not sign off and was replaced by Rep. Mayfield. House in recess until 4:30.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Just got this update from my Se, Jim Arnold (D) and voted in favor:
    Guns on school property
    Controversial legislation gained approval that will now allow individuals who legally possess a firearm to keep it in a motor vehicle parked in a school parking lot as long as the firearm is locked in the vehicle out of plain sight. Under current law, it is a felony to possess a firearm on school property. However, with the passage of SEA 229, this penalty is eliminated as long as the firearm is locked in the trunk, glove box or out of plain sight in the vehicle. If persons in legal possession of a firearm leave the firearm in plain view in the vehicle while on school property, they would be charged with a Class A misdemeanor.
    In addition, SB 229 allows law enforcement agencies to sell confiscated firearms to the general public at auction. Only individuals who are lawfully allowed to own firearms could make purchases. Proceeds from these sales would be used by the agency for the purchase or maintenance of firearms, ammunition, protective vests, and other law enforcement equipment. Another provision provides that a firearm scheduled to be destroyed be sold to a salvage company where it can be dismantled for parts, scrap metal, recycling, or for resale as parts for other firearms.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Got this from Sen. Arnold today:

Dear Mr. Stockman,
    Thank you for your support for Senate Bill 229, gun buyback. You will be happy to know that Senator Arnold supported the bill. Senate Bill 229 ultimately received legislative approval by both chambers and is referred to the Governor for his consideration. I would encourage you to contact Governor Pence since he reserves the right to veto legislation.
    Thank you again for your active participation in the legislative process. If you have any questions or concerns regarding any public policy considered this session, please let me know.
    Sincerely,
    Michelle Moody - Legislative Assistant
    Office of Senator James R. Arnold

I replied that I knew that and I sent an email that day thanking him for the vote. Pretty cool for a (D).

Sincerely,

James Arnold
    State Senator
    Indiana State Senate

Top Bottom