• ...and so much more!
  • stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Basically this is the context of their speeches:

"Think of the children! They aren't gun owners, so there should be no gun close to them."
    "People get mad, people shoot people." I think he forgot to add thugs in there.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    With that said: what's our next hurdle?

It was amended - so back to the Senate - which can accept the changes - or most likely - conference committee to get 'conformed bill' that

BOTH house and senate must than approve that version.

I have a screen shot of the vote ... who voted for / against.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I just posted up in the 2014 legislative session thread. Next step is the conference committee... One Representative and one Senator from each party, for a total of four people, to hash out any differences in the Senate and House versions passed. There is still opportunity for some bad amendments... we are not home free yet. Keep up the pressure, and I'll let you all know who the conference committee members are as soon as I know.

Blessings,
    Bill

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I just posted up in the 2014 legislative session thread. Next step is the conference committee... One Representative and one Senator from each party, for a total of four people, to hash out any differences in the Senate and House versions passed. There is still opportunity for some bad amendments... we are not home free yet. Keep up the pressure, and I'll let you all know who the conference committee members are as soon as I know.

Blessings,
    Bill

What are the odds of these so called "bad amendments" being added?

Kokomo1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Can anyone help me define this part of the law? (I'm not expecting a definition that will stand up in court.)

Redefine “school property” to only include property of the school and not other buildings that might be connect to the school by a parking lot

Example #1: School FFA organization has a farm plot adjacent to school. Long edge of parcel directly adjoins (large) parking lot which adjoins school on the other long edge. Would carrying on the FFA plot with no students present be legal?

Example #2: FFA owns a parcel of land several miles from school. Students are of course occasionally on this land for school sanctioned activities. Could I carry when students are not present? What about if a students drops by to check on the crops?

Last edited:

dprimm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Just West of Indianapolis

Blessings,
    Bill

Who do we contact for this part?

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    If the school shares a parking lot with a Walmart, the parking lot is not "school property." Under current law, it is off-limits because of the fact that it is the lot for a school.

Kokomo1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    If the school shares a parking lot with a Walmart, the parking lot is not "school property." Under current law, it is off-limits because of the fact that it is the lot for a school.

Ah, we are not talking about school owned property that doesn't have a school building. That makes more sense. I guess I was over thinking it.

Top Bottom