• RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Saw that :(
    Also caught the comment from a rep (during the School building safety SB344) stating "Didn't we just pass a bill to allow 18 year olds to bring guns to school?"

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    With all due respect to a state official... the gentleman to whom you refer obviously wanted to score a point or two against SB 229, because if he asked that question, he wasn't paying attention: They're going in reverse order, meaning they wouldn't even have gotten to 229 yet, and the school safety bill referred specifically to natural disasters; in fact, the usual focus of "school shootings" :runaway: was specifically disclaimed.

The term "dumbass" comes to mind, but to use that in reference to a state official would be disrespectful. You all know I'd never be disrespectful to someone like that, right? Right? :whistle:

Blessings,
    Bill

Saw that :(
    Also caught the comment from a rep (during the School building safety SB344) stating "Didn't we just pass a bill to allow 18 year olds to bring guns to school?"

BuckCreek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2013
    ARGH!!!!! I've been listening for an hour and a half... they got to SB 229 and Rep. Eberhart passed for discussion today! <grrr>

I'm not yet sure what's happened, but I'm going to try to find out.

Edit:
    Apparently all is well. They're going to discuss it during the break, but it will come for a vote today (deadline for Senate bills on Third Reading)
    I'm told that delays like this are not unusual if there are still some "jitters" among some of the Representatives.

Thanks Bill! Keep up the good work. Looking forward to any updates you might have.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Thank for listening BoR - I had to 'step away' for a moment - darn work 'thing' interfering. ...

Last Thursday - several - passed for discussion and then they went back at the end of the day; or said they'd get to them today.
    I would expect that's what they were doing. - get thru the easy ones - (i.e.: expecting comments or another attempt to amend) ... SMH

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Speaker Bosma ended with - they'll be back to get to these in about an hour.

Also SB 4 passed the house w/ an amendment which I believe adds LT hunting / fishing license for sale by DNR again. not cheap; but yay.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Speaker Bosma ended with - they'll be back to get to these in about an hour.

Also SB 4 passed the house w/ an amendment which I believe adds LT hunting / fishing license for sale by DNR again. not cheap; but yay.

I am keeping an eye on this one as well. It doesn't really effect me enough that I care a ton, but I sure would like the lifetime just so I don't have to mess with a bunch of individual licenses all the time. Would be worth the expense.

A 7.62 Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Shreveport, LA
    Rep. Linda Lawson up for discussion. Sound like she up to opposite it? Not too possessive yet. She's circling the airport, yet to land the plane

EDIT: Opposed. Very silly reasons to be.

A 7.62 Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Shreveport, LA
    Rep. Vernon Smith now up. Very shaky sounds in his voice. He's more than likely going to oppose the bill. Especially when you start with, " I didn't want to get up here and damage my A+ rating with the NRA"

His argument is also silly. Paraphrased of course "Well, people don't think when their angry. If they have a gun in their car, they may just go get that gun."

Top Bottom