• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    I still fail to see why a picture of a Glock 19 or a Remington 870 is necessary. State model and condition, problem solved. You're willing to meet a complete stranger to make a firearm transaction but you can't trust their ability to rate the gun's condition? How about asking specific questions before the meeting like "Does it have any faults or blemishes?" It seems like the picture thing is a big PITA for what should be a simple sale of a common gun. YMMV.

Because one persons version of "like new" is different than another persons?
    I just think it is a courtesy to post a photo of the item you are selling. It has been proven on eBay and Craigslist that items with pictures sell better than ones that don't. I would be more apt to look over an add that doesn't have a photo. I mean, if you are selling ammo, that would be borderline dumb to post a pic, but guns...hell yeah I want to see it.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008

I've seen many ads on INGO that say "NIB, only 200 rounds!" Apparently, people disagree on what "new in box" means.

I mean, if you are selling ammo, that would be borderline dumb to post a pic, but guns...hell yeah I want to see it.

When we first started pushing people to add pictures, ammo pics were the only thing they'd post without us asking them.

libertybear

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Morristown
    What was this all about?

Screenshot-4.png

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I just think it is a courtesy to post a photo of the item you are selling. It has been proven on eBay and Craigslist that items with pictures sell better than ones that don't. I would be more apt to look over an add that doesn't have a photo. I mean, if you are selling ammo, that would be borderline dumb to post a pic, but guns...hell yeah I want to see it.

Why would it be dumb to post a picture of the ammo your selling? I don't care what the item is, if I'm gonna buy something, I want a picture to see. No picture, then I'm not interested. Even though I've yet to buy and sell anything on the classifieds yet.

libertybear

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Morristown
    The rules are posted as a sticky in each of the classified forums. They were bumped individually to ensure they're seen by people that only visit one sub-forum.

I guess that would explain it then. I didn't notice they were all in different forums until you just pointed that out.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    This thread gets my vote for best of the day. Amazing how such a trivial update generates so much discussion and hysteria.

You have no idea. Remember when the minimum post count was raised from 10 to 50? Forty measely posts? You'd have thought the world was ending. I watered my lawn for two weeks on the tears generated from that change.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    You have no idea. Remember when the minimum post count was raised from 10 to 50? Forty measely posts? You'd have thought the world was ending. I watered my lawn for two weeks on the tears generated from that change.

What size of lawn are we talking about here?

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Thank gawd. Not another moobs picture. ;)

:lmfao: This thread gets my vote for best of the day. Amazing how such a trivial update generates so much discussion and hysteria.

I need to work on my photography. If it were better, there would be no doubt. Hers are much nicer than mine.

And mine are pretty darned good :D

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Why would it be dumb to post a picture of the ammo your selling? I don't care what the item is, if I'm gonna buy something, I want a picture to see. No picture, then I'm not interested. Even though I've yet to buy and sell anything on the classifieds yet.

Yeah, that.

That surplus 7.62x54r could have been dug up on some hill in the Urals or something.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I understand the need for rules to keep things in some form of organization and uniformity. The only thing I don't understand is why you can't ask the seller a question in the classified thread. If you have a question many others may have the same question and if you have to send a PM to ask said question the seller would be getting a lot of PMs with the same question. Starting another thread to ask a question about an ad in the classifieds is crazy to me. There would be all sorts of useless threads taking up band width and causing confusion IMO. All this could be avoided by allowing pertinent questions to be asked. It could be limited to asking a particular question once per thread/item. It's your forum and you can set the rules, I just don't understand the touchiness in regards to the Classifieds. :twocents:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I understand the need for rules to keep things in some form of organization and uniformity. The only thing I don't understand is why you can't ask the seller a question in the classified thread. If you have a question many others may have the same question and if you have to send a PM to ask said question the seller would be getting a lot of PMs with the same question. Starting another thread to ask a question about an ad in the classifieds is crazy to me. There would be all sorts of useless threads taking up band width and causing confusion IMO. All this could be avoided by allowing pertinent questions to be asked. It could be limited to asking a particular question once per thread/item. It's your forum and you can set the rules, I just don't understand the touchiness in regards to the Classifieds. :twocents:

You CAN ask the seller a question in the thread. The answer needs to go into the top post or wait 24 hours to answer. It's not about organization and uniformity. It's about unscrupulous people doing anything they can to sidestep the rules and bump their ads early. If we don't narrowly define what's considered a bump and what's not, then we're having to constantly delete off-topic conversation.

You should probably go back and read the rules a little more carefully. There's nothing in there stopping you from asking an on-topic question related directly to the sale of the item.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    I said borderline...I could go either way on that one

Top Bottom