• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    While I am at it, I think you should make a rule that says ANY ad that is listed must be accompanied by a genuine photo of the item for sale. Stock photos don't count, unless it is a rifle stock, or soup. No exceptions.

And how bout they use their own pics. I've seen a gun I sold a little while ago change hands three times, now, and each ad used the pics I took to sell the gun in the first place LOL.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    another step to censorship.I got by fine without you,But i hate to see it get to that.If i was a part of the in crowd no problem.But since nobody here knows who i am or what i have it's your loss.Thanks for the short time on here.

That seems a little extreme. Especially given the fact that folks have free access to 10,000 people to buy and sell their goodies.

This thread just reminded me that I need to run to the WTB ad I just placed and add my location, before a mod sees it and I get censored!

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    :ugh: I don't have anything for sale.

You could list that XD45. Given that it's not an XDm, and therefore a worn out older generation gun, you may have to drop the price a bit, but I'm sure you could move it. I'll trade you Cathy's new Bersa.

For goodness sake, don't tell her I just said that!!!!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    While I am at it, I think you should make a rule that says ANY ad that is listed must be accompanied by a genuine photo of the item for sale. Stock photos don't count, unless it is a rifle stock, or soup. No exceptions.

I still fail to see why a picture of a Glock 19 or a Remington 870 is necessary. State model and condition, problem solved. You're willing to meet a complete stranger to make a firearm transaction but you can't trust their ability to rate the gun's condition? How about asking specific questions before the meeting like "Does it have any faults or blemishes?" It seems like the picture thing is a big PITA for what should be a simple sale of a common gun. YMMV.

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Actually, what would be/would have been very helpful is if people gave a decent description of their ad to begin with and quit requiring people to ask questions about it. Being on your blackberry is no excuse. You can wait until you get home or to a computer to place your initial ad (in most cases).

Give the barrel length. If you know how many rounds have been through it, post that. If you are adding accessories, then post that. I am not sure why it's so difficult to post an ad with all pertinent information.

Someone asked if you had to use the template we suggested, NO, you do not but something similar will help make sure you have all information necessary. Putting everything in a paragraph is hard for people to read as well. People read better in short sentences.

Top Bottom