• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • donnie1581

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 5, 2011
    Elwood, IN
    Just got done looking at the DNR site. I couldn't find any info on hunting license for squirrel. Am I missing it or do you even need one?

Never mind I found it. It's the annual license I would need.

Last edited:

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Calls have never worked for me. I just climb a tree stand and wait, lol.

^This ALWAYS works. Makes for a good backstop when you shoot too.:rockwoot:
    Hope these aren't too graphic.
    DSCN1080.jpg

DSCN1174.jpg

backfire

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 6, 2011
    I normally give them a break till the weather cools down. I do however carry when i go scouting for deer. So scouting seems to start for me around sept. I do like the early season chance. Remember high winds do not a good tree rat day make.
    Same here. A little too hot, muggy & windy for me to play in the woods just yet, but in another 2-3 weeks- it's game on! :rockwoot:

Heck, we've got so many of those little suckers running around in our backyard, I could make squirrell stew for the next month from just bagging those alone. Mmmmmmm!

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Yeah that always seems to be the way it goes. Go out to do a little deer hunting and see a crap ton of squirels, turn around and try to pop a few squirels and see a deer or two.:scratch: I think theyre on to us.

No doubt right!? Any time I hear someone refer to animals as "dumb", I pretty much figure they're not hunters. We know better.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Same here. A little too hot, muggy & windy for me to play in the woods just yet, but in another 2-3 weeks- it's game on! :rockwoot:

Heck, we've got so many of those little suckers running around in our backyard, I could make squirrell stew for the next month from just bagging those alone. Mmmmmmm!

I've got a very confident and chubby fox squirrel in my backyard. He was on the ground in the middle of my backyard at 0913, 1330, 1602. If he keeps it up, he is definitely in the stew if I can tag him with my bow.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Box traps can be made from scrap lumber in about 20 minutes...you can trap them in your backyard, and take care of them later.

The lazy way to hunt.

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    yeah ill give that a try. Ive been wanting to pick up a few calls but havent gotten around to it. What calls do you use and where can you get them? Ive looked at Gander a couple of times and didnt see any.

I use a distress call I picked up at Dicks. Off the top of my head I cant think of the name and I am not at home to look.

Top Bottom