0   0   0
    Tell me about the rig! Sharp lookin'
    DSCN1174.jpg

Matt52

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    My favorite question in regards to squirrel hunting is....You use a shotgun?? Is their any meat left?? Then you have to explain to them about different shot sizes. I use basically pheasent loads with number 6 shot and a full choke to get them ones way up the tree and if one pops up close I just aim for the head and save the meat.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I am planning on going out with my father in law over the weekend (hopefully).

I've never been hunting before, and am looking forward to trying my hand at cooking some of em up :)

Matt52

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    SHOTGUN?!?!?!? Blasphemy!:noway::D

I like finding their little eyeball between the leaves and puttin that little 40 gr pill right in there.:rockwoot:
    Yea thats fun too. I like seing them shaking the leaves and just aiming for the center of the movement and rollin them out with the shotgun. I do like taking my 17hmr out after deer season and wacking some.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    My wife refuses to eat any wild game, I find it delicious. Anyone know of a recipe I might be able to get her to try? I was thinking about making the legs kind of like BBQ chicken wings, but I haven't eaten any since I was a kid; so I don't remember if the flavors would mesh well...

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    My wife refuses to eat any wild game, I find it delicious. Anyone know of a recipe I might be able to get her to try? I was thinking about making the legs kind of like BBQ chicken wings, but I haven't eaten any since I was a kid; so I don't remember if the flavors would mesh well...

I love to do a full body fry, just like I would with fried chicken.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    I've heard from a few folks that the best way is to wrap em up in foil, throw in some salt, pepper, and natures seasoning and slow cook it over coals until the meat falls off the bone. I haven't had it so I can't speak to it.

I think it would be great to get a sticky going of wild game recipes tho! :rockwoot:

bushcf

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2012
    Terre Haute
    Went this morning, bagged two within 2 hours. Stayed out another two hours with no such luck. It gets past those few cool morning hours and they stop moving as much.

Plus the heat/drought hasn't bothered the tree cover this year. Used a .22 this morning, may need to use the ol' 12GA to clear some holes in the canopy next time.

KJW

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Lamb's Crossing
    I'm lucky to have 160 acres of woods with fox squirrels. My neighbor shot 3 with his old 16 gauge today. I like using my Ruger 10/22 with a tactical solutions barrel and volquartsen trigger. I was getting 3 shots in a single hole rested at 30 yds and 1/2" groups at 50 yds last week when I checked its zero. Can't wait to go out, but realize the leaves will add to the challenge.

pkoko

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2011
    Any specific clothing requirement for hunting squirrels? Is an fluorescent orange vest sufficient?

Dargasonus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    Haven't gotten a chance to go..all packed and ready for the day tomorrow!

Marlin 60 in my arms and my Mark III on my waist!

Couple of my favorite pics of last year:

75MPP.jpg

O24fP.jpg

Top Bottom