• ...and so much more!
  • patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    My favorite way to cook squirrel is in a foil pan. Season squirrel parts with country bobs seasoning, and put in a pan with sliced onions and cover with bacon. put foil on top of the pan and cook over a fire until the squirrel is tender, usually around an hour or so depending on heat level. It could be done in an oven or grill I'm sure, we just usually make our on camping trips in the fall.
    This, I will try!

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    My boy said he was going out last night, I told him to put on his treated pants. He didn't want to and I told him not to cry about picking off ticks. He shot his bow instead.
    Don't discourage the boy! Ticks are just part of hunting. Clean up when you get home. Permethrin pants don't hurt none.1000002134.jpg
    Lotta sweating for a three legged squirrel this morning. .17 mach2 in the right side just behind his head out through the off shoulder. No saving that left front leg. DRT though. I feel younger somehow after that walk.

Last edited:

GMY

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2024
    Covington Indiana 47932
    I haven't hunted in years but when I did I used a Marlin 39A Mountie or a bolt action Mossberg 410, depending on what sort of woods I was hunting.

The last few years I hunted I gave them to an uncle who couldn't get out to the woods anymore.
    I can't hunt anymore, and miss it. With cancer and enthzema, It's hard to do anything. Used to use the 410 when the leaves were on, and the 22 when the leaves were off. I hope all of you enjoy hunting while you can...........

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I've got theCZ452 as well, a good shooter. Hope to get a squirrel or two with it. I'm not the hunter i used to be at 71........................
    I just put a 3-9 Leupold VX II on a CZ 452 American in .17 HM2 and rough zeroed it. I'll adjust the parallax down to about 40 yds and fine tune things a bit b4 I take it to the woods

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Where are you guys hunting? I like going to Hoosier national Park but I've only ever seen squirrels while camping, never while hunting.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Where are you guys hunting? I like going to Hoosier national Park but I've only ever seen squirrels while camping, never while hunting.
    Not sure where we will be going this year. But, years ago I hunted squirrels with my brother and a mutual highschool friend at Morgan - Monroe State Forest. Saw plenty of bushy tails in the trees back then. Hopefully we will get into some when we get out

Went with my son in law yesterday and taught him how to dial in the scope on his new .22. so now he's itching to get out in the woods

Top Bottom