• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    WISH TV, IMPD PIO Officer, saying that the Southport Officer, saw the robbery suspect,

Was hit by the car, injury to his legs .....

4 year veteran .....

One in custody, looking for one suspect, in east district .....

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    The shooter in Lt. Allen's case made his court appearance today. The judge granted the Sheriff's motion to move him to DOC custody for "safekeeping." No bond, of course.

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I would think trying to run someone over with a car would be an indication of trying to kill them.

Fact dependent, and with what is admissible you must be able to convince 12 people who couldn't figure out how to get out of jury duty "beyond a reasonable doubt" for all elements of the crime.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Fact dependent, and with what is admissible you must be able to convince 12 people who couldn't figure out how to get out of jury duty "beyond a reasonable doubt" for all elements of the crime.

I've never even "tried" to get out of it.
    And yes, there'd be at least 1 anti-cop person who'd vote against it, just because it was an officer being hit.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

AIN'T that the TRUTH !!!!!

I think it used to be. I hear from more and more folks now days that see how ****ed up our legal system is though. A lot of us wouldn't dare shirk our responsibility to serve and help right that situation.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city

Jury duty is the highest civic duty and honor one has I believe. Anyone trying to get out of it just because they don't want to do it is a piece of crap

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    Jury duty is the highest civic duty and honor one has I believe. Anyone trying to get out of it just because they don't want to do it is a piece of crap

Yes and no, some don't like having their time wasted all so the defense lawyer can run out the clock on a last second plea deal.

The system is broken...

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

I wish we could be chosen for judge duty.

"Appeal? Denied! Next! Continuance? Okay fine. Court will recess for a 5 minute continuance of this case." ;)

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    The system has plenty of flaws. I kinda feel like the jurors in a case should have access to everything the Judge has in the case folder. I think too often there's info that isn't allowed to be brought up in court probably because someone feels it could sway the outcome or maybe some rule of law/court procedure etc. And I think a jury should be allowed to make a sentencing recommendation rather than just leave it in the judges hands to be decided. Too many judges are soft and put too much trust in the questionnaire (can't think of the proper name) that is done before the sentencing hearing.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Yes and no, some don't like having their time wasted all so the defense lawyer can run out the clock on a last second plea deal.

The system is broken...
    That's not up to them (the citizen). It's the legal process. If you are chosen you serve at their pleasure.
    There's lots of things i don't like but I have to do them

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    A lot of us wouldn't dare shirk our responsibility to serve and help right that situation.

I'm (mostly) joking. Sit in on jury selection some time and see the answers people give to try and not be selected. It's the most amusing part of jury selection. Actually, the only amusing part in a pretty boring process.

Top Bottom