• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Yep...kinda like watching Orage County Choppers (or what ever they call it now). It was cool when it was pretty much Sr. and Jr. building cool bikes in that old shop. Once they made them mulit-milionaires and started scripting the drama (with acting worse than WWE wrestlers) I quit watching.
    Speaking of which.... looks like next week is some sort of retarded "gun with motorcycle handlebars". :rolleyes:

The guns and custom work are kinda neat. Not something just anyone can bolt together. All the "drama" and BS can go, though.

mshogren

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 20, 2010
    Arcadia
    I was barely able to tolerate last night's episode.

Like the US military would really consider an AK sniper rifle...NOT! They already have better options in service...

And firing an arrow out of a gun, wow that was original...

This show is doing nothing to help the image of the gun buying / using / carrying public!

Mark

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    Yep...kinda like watching Orage County Choppers (or what ever they call it now). It was cool when it was pretty much Sr. and Jr. building cool bikes in that old shop. Once they made them mulit-milionaires and started scripting the drama (with acting worse than WWE wrestlers) I quit watching.

Funny you say that...It looks like, from the previews, there is a collaboration gun in the works with OCC:facepalm:

schoolmaster

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2009
    All the episodes I have watched so far have been pretty good. I have learned a lot about old guns too. I'll be watching the new series just to see what they dream up next.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    All the episodes I have watched so far have been pretty good. I have learned a lot about old guns too. I'll be watching the new series just to see what they dream up next.

You mean how Arisaka ammo is almost impossible to find?

Norma Ammunition 6.5x50mm Japanese Arisaka 156 Grain Alaska Round Nose Box of 20 - MidwayUSA

HORNADY CUSTOM SPIRE POINT RIFLE AMMUNITION - Brownells

Yeah..... they're some real geniuses over there. =/

Oh, and I also learned that a good gunsmith who's building a "1000 yd sniper rifle" sets headspace by measuring the butt-end of a live cartridge sticking out of the chamber. =( Fail!

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    I can't watch that show anymore. :noway: It just flat-out makes guns and gun owners look like the snaggle toothed hillbillies that the anti-gun left purports that we are. Crap blowing up all the time is tedious and stupid.

Why can't there be a "reality" show that follows the S&W and Glock shooting teams? How about the lives of the top shooters who come to Camp Perry each year to compete? I have met so many great people due to my firearms hobby; former military, police, and civilian who are very dedicated and skilled. God forbid that non-shooters get a positive image of us.:n00b:

spitfire51

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Why can't there be a "reality" show that follows the S&W and Glock shooting teams? How about the lives of the top shooters who come to Camp Perry each year to compete? I have met so many great people due to my firearms hobby; former military, police, and civilian who are very dedicated and skilled. God forbid that non-shooters get a positive image of us.:n00b:

They make these shows for the viewing public at large, and the viewing public wants the drama and the staged conflicts and the stuff blowing up that shouldn't. I doubt many non-shooters would be interested in anything actually realistic

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Last season they did some realistic builds an were fun to watch, but what there doing this season so far is just stupid. Like next week with a machine gun with handle bars, I mean really! I want to see stuff that that might acually have a real use

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    I can't watch that show anymore. :noway: It just flat-out makes guns and gun owners look like the snaggle toothed hillbillies that the anti-gun left purports that we are. Crap blowing up all the time is tedious and stupid.

They do it's called "Top Shot"

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Well, as I said previously, if you think you can do a better job. Then start your own business. If not, all I hear is talk!

OK I'll play. I'm an 07/SOT. Here are some things I would never do (in no particular order):

1. Fire a harpoon shotgun in a shop full of people.
    2. Fire a machine gun loaded with blanks in the shop to watch my employees jump on TV.
    3. Port a shotgun starting at 6 inches from the breach to achieve a suppressed result that is still not hearing safe by about 12 dB.
    4. Show a house, cars, etc being blown up by small arms fire without disclosing that it was explosives that actually did the blowing up.
    5. Test fire an arrow from a shot gun for the first time by putting on a kitchen mitt and hiding most of the rest of my body behind a cinder block wall
    6. Do the above with my daughter standing right next to me.
    7. Use a radio shack mic 6" from the barrel of the muzzle of a weapon and call that sound reduction testing.
    8. Let a celebrity customer test fire an incomplete, untested, and unproven explosive arrow.
    9. Call a shrowded barrel suppressor integral.
    10. Catch a grass field on fire with a Ma Deuce.
    11. Shoot in a situation where I knew a grass field could catch on fire and not have the fire department there first.

Do I need to go on?

jason765

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Henry County
    the red jacket, american chopper collaboration is just the network trying to use the popularity of Sons Of Guns to breath life back into American Chopper, they also did a Deadliest Catch, American Chopper collab. Discovery is trying to get people to watch AC, but nobody cares. That show has been dead in the water for years

Ryninger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Newburgh
    The 1000 yrd AK, okay neat to watch. It was a pet project, but not a game changer. Nor will it generate any "military interest." I don't recall them actually showing it shoot at to 1k yards, unless my DVR cut that part off.

Harpoon shotgun, I shook my head the whole way through on that one... 1st off, my bow shoots over 300 fps, not really gaining anything there. My arrows are also 1/2" longer than theirs. Rather than strip off the plastic fletching, use feathers and actually get some stabilization. Cant see how there would be consistency with that setup. Hell at 20yards she shot what, 3" lower than fer first shot.... The test firing had already been mentioned.

IUBrink

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    As much as I like the show...it is ALL scripted. Didn't we just see the chopper gun created last season, and now they are going to be making it "all over again" for Sons of Guns? The acting is nothing short of them looking down at their lines on the book in front of them, lifting their head, and delivering it in the most monotone voice ever.

Don't get me started on Top Shot. The host is an annoying bastard and good shooters get voted off all of the time all because of alliances. Someone told me that the last season was nothing but military sticking together and voting off everyone else.

.452browning

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    If you want good gun TV go to Outdoor Channel on Wed nights.

I also prefer 2 other channels. still watch sons of guns just for the fun of it.

Outdoor Channel
    Gun Nuts
    Impossible Shots
    American Rifleman
    Gun Stories
    Shooting USA
    Gallery of Guns
    Best Defense
    Babes with Bullets

Sportsman Channel
    Gallery of Guns
    Guns & Ammo
    Handguns
    Modern Rifle Adventures
    TAC TV

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Last night was the first time I ever heard them mention NFA paperwork. I also Like how everything is ready "Saturday."

I will give them credit for the explosive arrows where they mentioned several times that without the proper licensing it's highly illegal. And mentioning that the arrow dude couldn't take the arrows with him, he'd have to shoot them with RJ present as RJ had the license.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    I also prefer 2 other channels. still watch sons of guns just for the fun of it.

Outdoor Channel
    Gun Nuts
    Impossible Shots
    American Rifleman
    Gun Stories
    Shooting USA
    Gallery of Guns
    Best Defense
    Babes with Bullets

Sportsman Channel
    Gallery of Guns
    Guns & Ammo
    Handguns
    Modern Rifle Adventures
    TAC TV

I wish I could get either of those channels. Unless I step up TWO tiers of programming, I can't get them.

I'm not spending an extra $50 a month just to get the outdoors channels, as much as I'd love to...

Last edited:
    Top Bottom