• ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Kirk said:
    It is helpful in that it creates a hook for more viewers to expand the gun culture.

I like the idea of more folks getting interested in firearms but I don't want more interest in NFA. I'm not finished collecting stamps just yet and the more applications that show up, the slower I get mine back!:D

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    Alright, puffery (boasting of your business) aside, dog, does anyone on the show look like they put in time with a history book?:laugh:

Agree and disagree.

It is helpful in that it creates a hook for more viewers to expand the gun culture. It is less than helpful as no disclaimers are inserted as to what really happens on the range, or in filling out of forms.

I suggest the show create one of those pop ups like on VH1 years ago. We'll make it rhino's head with a quotation bubble.

Scene III, part I:

Red Jacket Employee: "We're a gonna test this raffle gun. It ain't never been done before."

*bloink* [rhino's head appears on screen]

Rhino's quotation: "This was was attempted by Filipino gunsmiths during World War Two."

[gunfire]

And cut.

I can here the theme song now "pop up rhino"

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    I'm strangely attracted to the owner's daughter.:dunno: She has a weird voice though. I think her dad would be an A-hole to work for. I watch the show just to see what kind of weird crap they come up with, like the alligator kill-stick. That was cool.

Stephanie is pretty easy on the eyes, but a little hard on the ears. They do have some other nice looking female types working in the place, but they never made it on camera last season.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    +1

Not to mention that from the show it pretty much appears that you walk in and they will make you a machine gun, SBR, Suppressor or SBS and you are on your happy way.

I have even had people at gun shows tell me they thought they could buy a suppressor and take it with them because they saw if on SOG's.

They had an episode where some guy was pissed when she told him he had to wait 3-4 months for NFA to go through.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I like the idea of more folks getting interested in firearms but I don't want more interest in NFA. I'm not finished collecting stamps just yet and the more applications that show up, the slower I get mine back!

We wouldn't have to wait if we moved suppressors to Title I and implemented Kirk's Federal Collector's License regime.

*bloink* [pop up rhino head]

"Kirk is correct!"

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    We wouldn't have to wait if we moved suppressors to Title I and implemented Kirk's Federal Collector's License regime.

*bloink* [pop up rhino head]

"Kirk is correct!"

there has to be a way to make the pop up rhino happen

just his head quoting unrelated random facts

kind of like his text messages:)

insanemonkey

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Lake County
    I have seen I think one episode and some random clips. Never been impressed. i am not a gun smith and I do not claim that I could do better. My issue is that they do not seem to make anything that is of any use. The twin m16 thing on a boat. Just get a 249 or 240. They were made to do what you are looking to do. Which is sustained fire power.

They also make gun owners look dumb and appear to only make toys for law enforcement to waste tax payer dollars on. It would be interesting to find out how many of their "inventions" are used in really situations. I don't think I would want to trust my life to a one off, untested weapons system.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    We have to remember, the show is about all the random stuff they do for fun. The shop's bread and butter is suppressors (and other NFA and class III stuff) and general gunsmithing. Not exactly "made for TV drama".

Besides, half the odd-ball stuff they do is someone else's idea. They are just paid to make it. The rest is because they have the time and money to play with.

If you had the time, money, and skills to make a 3xM-16, wouldn't you try it? :ar15:

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I have seen I think one episode and some random clips. Never been impressed. i am not a gun smith and I do not claim that I could do better. My issue is that they do not seem to make anything that is of any use. The twin m16 thing on a boat. Just get a 249 or 240. They were made to do what you are looking to do. Which is sustained fire power.

They also make gun owners look dumb and appear to only make toys for law enforcement to waste tax payer dollars on. It would be interesting to find out how many of their "inventions" are used in really situations. I don't think I would want to trust my life to a one off, untested weapons system.

So, if you where in his situation, and someone wanted dual M16's for mounting on a small boat. You would tell them to get a M249 or M240? You would not make it far in buisness then. If a customer asked me to build them something, and I could build it, and it was tested and knew to be safe. I damn well would do so. The point of a buisness is to make money. You also have to figure something else. They are only alloted so much time for the show. You do not see 99% of what goes on. Do not be so quick to judge!

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    We have to remember, the show is about all the random stuff they do for fun. The shop's bread and butter is suppressors (and other NFA and class III stuff) and general gunsmithing. Not exactly "made for TV drama".

Besides, half the odd-ball stuff they do is someone else's idea. They are just paid to make it. The rest is because they have the time and money to play with.

If you had the time, money, and skills to make a 3xM-16, wouldn't you try it? :ar15:

^this^ People come in with ideas of what they want. Often wanting more than one built $$$$$$. Red Jacket does that for them. How many places can you walk into, and ask for integrally suppressed AK, or a silenced shotgun? I do not know about you, but I want to see something unique. Not them doing general gunsmithing, or selling class III items!

woundedyak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2009
    SouthSide
    LAME! everything is obviously scripted more then the first season and everyone went hollywood. Typical I guess. I see this eventually turning out like Orange County Choppers in someway.

dowalker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Tampa FL
    Watched this for the first time tonight. Thanks for the posting here!. Can be strange at times, but I like it. Will have to look and record some of the older episodes!
    Doug

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I watched all of last season's shows. Loved them all. They do some fun stuff and I'd love to have the talent, shop and money to do some of what they do. If you're taking this too seriously, maybe it's time to turn off the TV and find a hobby.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    The taking it too seriously comments are all well and good until you're sitting in front of a jury after using an AR15 to defend your home. The attorney holds up the AR15 you used and the only other time many of the Jury members have seen one is when they watched someone on SOGs shoot a car with one and it blew up.

Or a political candidate is using gun control as a platform and uses images from SOGs to demonstrate why "assault" rifles are dangerous and should be banned outright.

I don't care what they make. I don't care about their script. I could care less about anything to do with that show except for them portraying the firearms that we all know and love in a horrible light. While you and I may understand the limitations and capabilities of these weapons, someone with no exposure outside of television and movies doesn't know any better.

They vote and sit on juries.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Google the daughter....she was in playboy...

I did. Wrong Stephanie Hayden, one of the "nude celeb" sites has her picture, but if you check her birthdate and the date the Playboy video came out, she was 14 when it was released, lol. (1998)

However, go to imdb.com and it lists a different Playboy documentary released in 1995, making her 11 at the time... But it does credit her for Sons of Guns and a movie in 2005, so I think they've got 2 women combined.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Stephanie is pretty easy on the eyes, but a little hard on the ears. They do have some other nice looking female types working in the place, but they never made it on camera last season.

Nope. Looks like a snaggle-toothed racoon.

Top Bottom