• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tmccorkel

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    Chesterton
    So, I was watching the AR/AK lovechild episode and thought about the Ruger SSR-556. Wasn't that out long before Red Jacket "created" it? I also thought there was a thread on here that discussed it, but now I can't seem to find anything..

shootfirst

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2012
    But seriously though when is the last time you sat down and watched tv and felt that it wasn't drama soaked bs?! If it isn't yet it will soon be.. sad to say.

Martin Draco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    So, I was watching the AR/AK lovechild episode and thought about the Ruger SSR-556. Wasn't that out long before Red Jacket "created" it? I also thought there was a thread on here that discussed it, but now I can't seem to find anything..

There have been AR piston retro kits on the market for quite some time now. All Red Jacket actually manufactured for that rifle was the upper and lower, which you can buy off the shelf. They just ordered parts and put the gun together, which at least 50% of us here can and have done. They tried to make it look like it's so original and a "game changer". The reason for the hurdles during the assembly process were due to the fact that he had that special olympiad, Kris, do it. Will probably gave him the project to make him feel good about himself and figured "Hey, even THAT Dum-Dum can't screw this up!". Rather than try and re-invent the wheel, the security company should've just purchased some POF's, LWRC's, or HK416!

They are trying to inject to much story line and drama in this show. The show's primary demographic is MEN! They reeeeeally need to cut out all the kissy, grab a$$, butter cup, crap and over the top emotional BS, and build actual innovative guns. If they don't do that or can't find a way to make guns entertaining for more of the viewing public, they might as well scrap the whole show.

Before the show Red Jacket was good at making and working on AK/Saiga based weapons and making suppressors. They were never any kind of innovators. They basically copied ideas from other companies like Tromix.
    How those swamp hillbillies got there own show is beyond me!:twocents:

jb28

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Triggers on the military channel thats a good show, mostly about the history and evolution of combat weapons.
    I agree, one of my favorite shows, also Future Weapons is a good one. At least they're factual and absolutely no BS Soap Opera SH**.
    :yesway::ar15::rockwoot:

BLA

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Brown County
    Do they even have a FFL since they only modify weapons not sell them....It was funny to watch it through the season on netflix ....got worse and worse

Plinkuh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    Steph, what can I say, a hot mess.

jpykvd.jpg

Yep, super hot :):

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I see someone else posted the pic... removed.

Anyway, Will needs to decide if he wants to make money from being a soap opera actor or making guns. He's severely damaged the reputation of his gun business with the television show.

Before the show people used to talk favorably about their gunsmith work. People sought them out for their AK builds, they had earned a pretty good reputation in that market prior to the television show debut. Today, you have to search high and low for a favorable comment about their shop or their guns in the gun community. Most gun owners now write them off as "asshats".

I can't say that I blame them. The temptation of easy money by taking a television gig is hard for some folks to pass up. Becoming instant celebrities is appealing to many people, even when it comes at the cost of their own reputation. Apparently the Hayden's aren't too concerned with how the gun community views them, they were willing to swap us out for fans who know little or nothing about firearms that like to watch the train wreck that is reality television.

Last edited:

El Guero

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2011
    Nw Indiana
    i left the show some time ago, when the drama start, now is much going on with the lovers, craying and pink guns that turn into crapy show like OCC.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I remember when the show first started and over on the saiga forums I got blasted for saying that the show was a terrible ideal and makes Will look like some iconic reckless redneck. Prior to that I had a lot of respect for him, and even at that time I did, I just did not like what the show was doing.

Seems like it's going to end up the same as all the other discovery channel soap operas, and Will, in-turn, will keep it going to make a buck at the cost of the entire gun community's image.

I wouldn't give them my business simply on those grounds.

NiceGuy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 22, 2011
    Are they related to the jerks who make motorcyles? Seems like these shows are more about the idiots who run the shops than the product. BIG waste of my time.

padawan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    N/A
    I watched the first three episodes and decided it was intended for Walmart gun counter employees.

I wouldn't compare the SOG people to a Walmart gun counter employee. There is actually a well informed lady at the Lafayette Walmart gun counter that knows her ammo quite well.

The sad thing is the RJ people actually dont understand that the show is moronic. It is their lives.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    So, based on that read, I'm a bit confused...

Are they or are they not going to produce personal defense weapons for the Para-Military/Energy Security Sector based on what was shown in the last episode of last season or just remain a civilian custom weapon shop? :dunno:

Sounds like the answer to your question is "Yes"

Top Bottom