• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    10Ring is still going as far as I know. He's driving down and camping though. JVE is carpooling with me & will be helping the other hats but not shooting.

I have plenty of 5.56mm and will bring some tracer too just to see what the drop looks like at long range.

Mudcat

Sharpshooter
    Dec 5, 2009
    Warrick county
    10Ring is still going as far as I know. He's driving down and camping though. JVE is carpooling with me & will be helping the other hats but not shooting.

I have plenty of 5.56mm and will bring some tracer too just to see what the drop looks like at long range.

Where is he camping at? Contact me about camping at the range we will be there saturday night camping and shooting until we give up, we have lights. but no one is camping on friday as far as I know.
    You guys staying on saturday you are more than welcome to hang out and shoot with us after the official Appleseed event ends. We can shoot until midnight. Just let me know. I will be shooting in the KD on saturday too.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    10Ring is a former Marine so just look for a muddy fox hole somewhere on the range. :patriot:

Mudcat

Sharpshooter
    Dec 5, 2009
    Warrick county
    Understand, but he cannot camp unless a member is there. I am that member or one of them anyway. No problem with camping actually we have ablast camping at the Appleseeds at Red Brush, just need a heads up. We can be there friday and saturday night if someone is going to be there.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    I booked friday night at the motel manor. Can't get up at 3am saturday to make it there, shoot all day, then drive back 3.5 hrs, with this cold still lingering. though it'd be a great excuse for my suck ass shooting. Hopefully will get all packed tonight, and get down there around 10pm or so tomorrow night. see you all saturday.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    We will be zeroing at 25m and then doing a box drill. So I would just zero at 25. That is what we are doing.

Dang it, just zeroed it in at 100 yards tonight. :facepalm: oh well needed to test the loads anyways.

Almost packed and ready to go...getting anxious and nervous. Can't wait to see what's in store for us tomorrow.

jve153

Expert
    Nov 14, 2011
    bargersville, in
    hop, thank you for the ride, was a great time, i think you need to sell the 14.5 inch AR, they are very innacurate, and definately not good enough to shoot that far. come on, you had THREE shots out of the black. :bowdown:
    rayne, was nice to see you on the range as always. glad to see you got things sorted out and NAILED that 400 yard target.

Last edited:

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    It was a very humbling experience for me. Never having shot over 100 yards prior to this event, I wasn't expecting much. JVE (and other pit workers) thanks, and I apologize for making you guys tape up paper to find out where my rounds were going.
    TechRes, Jake, and the young lady whom I grilled with a gazillion questions, thanks for being patient.
    It is still soaking in as I pour over the data I collected...
    I know my scope mount is way too low. and in hindsight it is the one inconsistency I experienced during the event (Trying to get a proper sight picture through the scope).
    How in the world I go from a submoa group @ 300 yds (3 shots, in cadence), to 'can't get on paper' @ 200 or 400 is very frustrating.
    But I learned a wealth of information, and that is invaluable! Thanks everyone!
    Great shootin Hop!

jve153

Expert
    Nov 14, 2011
    bargersville, in
    robby, was nice meeting you this weekend. glad to see you are still learning from the information yesterday. good marksmanship is a journey, not a destination. we in the pits were learning from everyones target that was shooting by analyzing groups, movement of groups during sighters and changes in positions. we would then talk between us what we thought the shooter was doing.

Mudcat

Sharpshooter
    Dec 5, 2009
    Warrick county
    Thanks everyone I had a hoot. After being in Appleseed for 5 years this was my first time actually shooting a KD event. Lots and lots of great data to work with. The crews in the pits really make it nice. I don't have to go down range between each string to see where I hit. A big Huzzah to the pit crew!
    Kind of bummed I didn't get all my rounds off on the seated stage now, I guess a 39 will have to do until next time. I could blame the equipment but what it all comes down to is that it is most always the shooter and I will just have to persist to get that perfect score.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    hop, thank you for the ride, was a great time, i think you need to sell the 14.5 inch AR, they are very innacurate, and definately not good enough to shoot that far. come on, you had THREE shots out of the black. :bowdown:

C'mon man... the scope was too high for you (as you ringed steel at 400 yd.) I think he should give it to me instead. :)

Top Bottom