• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Amattern

Expert
    Rating - 97.1%
    66   2   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Terre Haute, IN
    your probably one of the people who speed,run red lights, cut people off and do everything else stupid behind the wheel. but as long as your sober its ok if you kill someone.

Obviouly by your comment you have no idea who I am. You have no ground to stand on by making those statements about me. I believe the people who break the law deserve to be caught and brought to justice. I drive responibly I have to keep a clean driving record or I cannot go into the field I'm studying so no all your above statements are completely false.

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    Obviouly by your comment you have no idea who I am. You have no ground to stand on by making those statements about me. I believe the people who break the law deserve to be caught and brought to justice. I drive responibly I have to keep a clean driving record or I cannot go into the field I'm studying so no all your above statements are completely false.
    So then, why are you supporting the cops that were violating the law, while condemning the law abiding citizens?

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009

Okay. Who are you? :dunno:

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    i hope that is true. i hope you are a safe driver. ill post my my dmv report on here. will you?

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    At no point did these cops step out of there boundries. Except when they were violating the laws of the state that were sworn to enforce, and the rights of the citizens they are sworn to protect.

They were assigned to work the check point and they were doing their jobs.
    So were the guards at Auschwitz.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    These guys got exactly what they deserve. the checkpoints save many lives. Get one of your family memebers of loved ones hit and killed or even injured by a drunk driver and I bet your outlook will change. If these men where not under the influence all the would have had to do is show ID and they would have been on there way instead they had to be arrogant *********$ and ended up in cuffs. At no point did these cops step out of there boundries. They were assigned to work the check point and they were doing their jobs.

I'll bet it won't. For one fundamental reason you and the other high-minded control freaks don't seem to understand: laws don't actual prevent the bad behavior. They act as a means to legally dispense with a punishment that often involves the loss of a freedom, which, by the grace of our FF, requires a due process. So for me the law doesn't exist to stop anything because I'm not naive enough to think that it actually will.

And I believe the laws ought not to be written in an effort to enforce compliance with a morality to which they may not subscribe. The actual act of driving while intoxicated violates no one's rights. Punish the act of at-fault collision and take the circumstances into consideration on sentencing, but don't blow smoke up my ass and tell me that laws prohibiting it will actually prevent it.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    Drunk driving victimless? Not so certain I can agree.

Cannot a drunk driver be seen as a reckless act in of itself.

Say I climb to the top of a parking garage, take out a pistol and shoot into a rush hour crowd, no one and no property is damaged. Is this not like drunk driving?

Who is the victim is this theoretical crime then? :D

Not sure what a "jbt wannabe" is?

JBT = Jack Booted Thug, AKA Nazi, AKA Your typically overaggressive, know-it-all, jackass armed law enforcer (which isn't all police officers, JBT is a category of its own).

bassplayrguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    Here's how you end this debate. Quit taking the lazy, unconstitutional way of catching drunks... by setting up checkpoints that treat everyone like they are guilty.

Instead, get out there and pull over people swerving.

Wow, what a concept.
    This would require actual police work and probable cause. What do you need someones license for if you are checking sobriety???? Can a leo please explain how my DL is going to tell you the amount of alcohol I may have had to drink???? No, it is just a ploy to search through your info. Should be illegal search. No different than going door to door and running people for being home. Total b.s. I almost landed in jail at one of these checkpoints last time I went through for "having an attitude." My response to him, if you wanna do the paperwork then let's go, otherwise I will be on my way if you don't mind.

bassplayrguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    Who is the victim is this theoretical crime then? :D

JBT = Jack Booted Thug, AKA Nazi, AKA Your typically overaggressive, know-it-all, jackass armed law enforcer (which isn't all police officers, JBT is a category of its own).

These guys got exactly what they deserve. the checkpoints save many lives. Get one of your family memebers of loved ones hit and killed or even injured by a drunk driver and I bet your outlook will change. If these men where not under the influence all the would have had to do is show ID and they would have been on there way instead they had to be arrogant *********$ and ended up in cuffs. At no point did these cops step out of there boundries. They were assigned to work the check point and they were doing their jobs.
    Actually you are wrong. I witnessed my mother being shot to death by a drunk guy with a gun and I don't look at gun owners as bad people or people who drink as bad people. I am a holder of a lifetime LTCH and carry daily. I even drink on a rare occasion. So being affected by this first hand I can tell you that I don't think violating a person's rights just for being out on the road to "save lives" should be allowed at all.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I almost landed in jail at one of these checkpoints last time I went through for "having an attitude." My response to him, if you wanna do the paperwork then let's go, otherwise I will be on my way if you don't mind.

An American with inalienable rights and a spine. A formidable combination.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    This would require actual police work and probable cause. What do you need someones license for if you are checking sobriety???? Can a leo please explain how my DL is going to tell you the amount of alcohol I may have had to drink???? No, it is just a ploy to search through your info. Should be illegal search. No different than going door to door and running people for being home. Total b.s. I almost landed in jail at one of these checkpoints last time I went through for "having an attitude." My response to him, if you wanna do the paperwork then let's go, otherwise I will be on my way if you don't mind.
    Actually, when I am conducting a DUI investigation, I ask for your DL then while you are getting that I will ask for your registration. It is a divided attention test. I could care less about the license or registration. Under the influence, a person is not able to divide their attention. I ask for the DL and they start looking. Then I ask for the registration while they are still looking for their DL. They will switch from looking for the DL to looking for the registration. Instead of geting hte DL then grabbing the registration. I have worked 150-200 DUI's so far in my career. I worked DUI task force outside of my regular shift for several years. Check pOints are "dog and pony" shows. We never got much from them. We would have 15-20 officers working grant money OT to man a checkpoint and at the end of the night...maybe have 4-5 DUI arrests to show for it. When we were allowed to raom the city with 15-20 officers, we would have at least 15 DUI arrests if not more. The checkpoints were mandated by the Feds as part of the grant money they give us to work overtime doing DUI's. They mandate 1 checkpoint a month durning the summer months. I like working DUI's and they extra OT money allowed my wife to stay home with the kids when they were small.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    It seems messed up, and violating your personal liberties to be pulled over or stopped in a checkpoint. But, to me, its a small price to pay to lower the risk of being killed by someone who chooses to drive while drunk.
    I dont care if someone wants to risk their lives by making poor choices, but please leave me and mine out of that decision.

nawainwright

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    New Hampshire
    it concerns me all the LEO's that commented on the video on the Police website.....no one seems to care about the citizen's rights at all. Its all about the officers being "professional" and the drivers "deserving it" for some reason. Apparently disagreeing with the Po-Po is justification for arrest now and a significant chunk of the LEO population seems to think thats just fine and you better get ready to get assaulted in prison.....ridiculous.

Top Bottom