So your gunshot incapacitated the perp, now what?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    mortal_kombat_finish_him.png

Kidding.:):

Honestly, I don't care if he's screaming bloody murder and I could possibly help. I'm not touching that sack of **** with a ten foot poll. He knew of the occupational hazards before breaking in to my house.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    mortal_kombat_finish_him.png

Kidding.:):

Honestly, I don't care if he's screaming bloody murder and I could possibly help. I'm not touching that sack of **** with a ten foot poll. He knew of the occupational hazards before breaking in to my house.

I thought about posting one of those pictures too. Actually did a google search for em

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I will add my :twocents: to the, "I would not touch them", count. If they were doing something bad enough for me to shoot them, then their only help will come from 911.

Nothing is cut and dry like that. You could shoot someone because in the moment you were in fear for your life, then you find out it's mistaken identity and you wouldn't have shot them with that knowledge. Still going to watch them bleed?

It really comes down to whether you deem that person to still be a threat or not. There are real instances where you can tell that the person is no longer a threat.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    According to your profile, you work at a gun store. I'll do well to avoid that store after this comment. :noway:

I can only assume that there are police officers that frequent where he works. I wonder why he deals with terrorists.

Someone should let his boss know about this thread.

Chalk me up to never stepping foot in that store either...I'd also venture to guess we have a few more members that would join in on the boycott until that guy is gone.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Someone should let his boss know about this thread.

Chalk me up to never stepping foot in that store either...I'd also venture to guess we have a few more members that would join in on the boycott until that guy is gone.

What store is that?

lrahm does in fact have hob nail boots, I believe they are of the Converse brand:D

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I'm not trying to get him in trouble at work, I'm just saying that his comments are enough for me not to ever shop there. I don't want to chance him being the one helping me out, knowing he believes I'm a terrorist and is going to try to cheat me as a matter of routine business. His comments are his alone though.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    I'm not trying to get him in trouble at work, I'm just saying that his comments are enough for me not to ever shop there. I don't want to chance him being the one helping me out, knowing he believes I'm a terrorist and is going to try to cheat me as a matter of routine business. His comments are his alone though.

You are right. I don't want to see anyone get in trouble at work. Police are in to buying things at gun shops. I know that within the last year I have bought two guns, a bail out bag, ammo and a few other things. I know that they are there to make money too and don't really expect a break (even from the officers that work there). But I don't want one to come out and say that he is going to cheat me or call me a terrorist.

Bunnykid68, I guess that I could stick some tacks in the bottom of my converses and call them "hobnails".

Colinb913

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Newburgh
    I have been giving this thread alot of thought lately, and finally came up with the response I want to give..

Keeping the gun ready, call 911, tell them "There is a gunshot victim at xxx location. I am wearing xxx clothing, and will be here when the police and ambulance arrive."

I will keep my gun ready, until I can see the police pull up. As the approach the house, or my location, I will put my weapon down. I will not even think about approaching the bad guy. He chose to do what he did, and the repercussions of his actions were less than savory for him.

Sorry, I refuse to help someone who intended to harm me or my family. That just doesn't seem right to me. If I had to draw a gun on a person, they must have been doing something extraordinarily bad, therefore doesn't deserve my help.

Also, if I did help there is a chance he can sue me for hurting him even further. I am not a first responder, or capable of giving first aid, and will not pretend I am. There are professionals for that, and thats what the get paid for.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    ...I am not a first responder, or capable of giving first aid, and will not pretend I am. There are professionals for that, and thats what the get paid for.

On a side note, why not get some first aid training?

It's the same mindset as those who count on the police for their personal protection... when someone (possibly someone you love) needs help, the professionals may be a lifetime (literally) away.

:twocents:

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I would bust out some beef jerky and gnaw a few pieces....

Seriously though, I would probably stand drawn until LEO arrive. I'm trained to help with all kind of stuff. No need for me to hang fluids for a guy who endangered the life of someone else (myself or a 3rd party)

Top Bottom