So your gunshot incapacitated the perp, now what?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    On a side note, why not get some first aid training?

It's the same mindset as those who count on the police for their personal protection... when someone (possibly someone you love) needs help, the professionals may be a lifetime (literally) away.

:twocents:

Well said. :yesway:

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh

It's the same mindset as those who count on the police for their personal protection... when someone (possibly someone you love) needs help, the professionals may be a lifetime (literally) away.

've been shot at several times, it's not fun. I've shot my gun in defense. I pull it out (my gun) several times a week. I am over the part about being mad and know that if I am shot at it is probably what I do for a living. If I can and if it is safe, I will render 1st aid. Rubber gloves and a couple of clean towels goes a long way for ddirect pressure.

Ask several of the officers here. It sucks to have a person die on you when you try. Either from a car accident or a shooting. It's hard to accept.

I am not saying jump in there. Make sure he is incapicatated and help will be there. but by all means , your safety id FIRST. If you are not comfortable with it, don't do it.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh

Good post. Deep down they are people too. I won't associate with them but i see them on a daily basis and know who they are.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Good post. Deep down they are people too. I won't associate with them but i see them on a daily basis and know who they are.

Not to mention that first aid can be used on yourself or on loved ones.
    If you know first aid and decide not to help the wounded BG that's one thing but if you dont know first aid you cant help anyone even if you want to do so(including yourself, innocent vitims or loved ones)/

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    Not to mention that first aid can be used on yourself or on loved ones.
    If you know first aid and decide not to help the wounded BG that's one thing but if you dont know first aid you cant help anyone even if you want to do so(including yourself, innocent vitims or loved ones)/

Very correct. I don't want the burden of letting an innocent person suffering from a bad guy to the point of his escape, Inniocents take presibence, I have not had any formal ytaining but I do know how to place pressure on a wound or give CPR (don that several times).

I would be sure that most Red Crosses give these first responders for free or a a very low price. Most of us have loved ones that need immediate 1st aid at sometime. I couldn't sit and watch.

Thanks Sylvain.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    As am I. And to all who say they won't come in, that's fine, it's not like I've never heard that before and seen those people a few weeks later cause they can't pass up a deal. And on the note of you all being butt hurt, get over it. If you've shopped at a retail store you been cheated. Retail is all about cheating the consumer in buying something for an inflated price. I have a way to get all Kimber Pistols for 50% off their MSRP. (Not work.) So are those guns really $1,200-$1,600 guns?

Congrats. I think you might be one of the worst sales associates ever. If I read the crap you are posting, you'd be fired if you were my employee.

There are things such as overhead which you probably aren't considering. The average LGS pretty much breaks even on their sales of firearms considering how much real estate and work they require to sell. Then you have to account for lost space for other things, paperwork for all of them. Filing cabinets. Safes. Security. Electric. Gas. Water. Rent/Mortgage/Property taxes. Then they have to pay guys like you to make them look bad.

I really wish neg rep was back.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    ethug-thug-whooped-rep-demotivational-poster.jpg

Like a boss.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    I am not looking for a "break" on items I buy. I know all about overhead and profit margins. I just don't want a person to tell me they are cheating me. That's dishonest.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    You are missing the point obviously.

Not all LEO's are like your dad. Not everyone is evil. not everyone is "an internet tough guy"

If you re-read your posts, you are coming off as a rash and condescending tone. Like you know it all, when in fact, it seems that you are very close to over generalizing and stereotyping.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Ok then I'll rephrase, I'm not personally cheating you by choosing your prices but by being in retail and selling things at retail price I am automatically cheating you due to price inflation.
    Again, it's not inflation. It's to cover the cost of overhead and business expenses to try to make a profit. Gun stores that make zero profit go out of business.

In your lines of reasoning, goodwill and the salvation army are thieves because everything is coming in at zero cost to them.

A for profit organization is out to make money. We should expect no less than some sort of mark up to cover their margins. It's our job to make sure we aren't getting ripped off.

Maybe you should work for Don's???

Top Bottom