So your gunshot incapacitated the perp, now what?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I would drop back to cover where I can keep any eye on him, call 911, if he's conscious, warn him to stay down. Let him know the police and EMTs are on the way. If he gets back up, install additional hole(s) in him until he goes back down. Repeat as necessary until he gets the hint. If he wants to leave he can crawl out.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    It's not aimed at anyone specifically but I believe all LEO's will trample or attempt to trample someone's rights during their time as an officer. Just tired of cops using the badge as a "Do whatever I want and get away with it." pass.

That makes about as much sense as my saying that everyone in your profession will try to cheat some person during their career. Not even knowing what you do or having no idea about your job at all.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    It's not aimed at anyone specifically but I believe all LEO's will trample or attempt to trample someone's rights during their time as an officer. Just tired of cops using the badge as a "Do whatever I want and get away with it." pass.

It's OK - I know who you meant.

leo-the-lion.jpg

IN_Sheepdog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    Northwest aka "da Region"
    Me, personally: first thing would be to dial 911 and assess the situation. From there, I'd like to think I could render assistance, but only if it was safe to do so.

But i would be interested what the legal implications would be either way...where's a lawyer when you need one?

You should be carrying the lawyer in the left rear pocket, as a matched set for the police officer you carry in the Right...

As for the scenario, from the training I have experienced, I am NOT going to get that close, especially if the BG is still conscious, and still a potential threat. If he has dropped the first weapon of choice, does not mean that he(she) does not also carry a second weapon, firearm, edged or otherwise..

I would also only reholster once the threat is stopped. and likely only upon the arrival of the LEO Cavalry, as I would not want to still be holding the gun on him when they (Police) arrive. I would not want to be mistaken as the Perp instead of the Victim... This requires reactionary distance to be maintained. You are going to have enough to deal with without having to determine what kind of medical aid to render.... Remember the physiological effects of just coming face to face with your own imminent mortality, I would think even the most experienced ER Doctor or Paramedic would have difficulty thinking clearly with the adrenalin dump and other changes.

Last edited:

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    It's funny since I'm not wearing a tinfoil hat. But say what you will, that's what makes America great.... for now. Until our rights get taken you have the right to say what you want about me and I can choose to call LEO's Domestic Terrorists.

No, it's your right. I am thicked skinned.

Top Bottom